Oil for Food humanitarian aid?

madrin

...well keep telling yourself that if it make you feel better. It's been a bad last couple of days for Flavio....wanna go for one more?

I've made my points soundly . You're roundly laughed at and dismissed, and I think that's great.

But like I said, do whatever you need to to feel like you actually saved even a sliver of face....

MADrin

chcr

Too cute for words
I quote articles that support what I am saying the same as everyone else does.
Gotta go with flavio on this one. Just because I don't agree with his reasoning doesn't make it wrong to present his case. I do however, find it interesting that here, like everywhere else, a lot of us have that "you have you're opinion, I have the truth" attitude (me included).*peepwall*

flavio

Banned
madrin said:
I've made my points soundly . You're roundly laughed at and dismissed, and I think that's great.

You haven't made one point. A lot of insults, but no points. And don't kid yourself that you're even getting even a little bit of respect around here.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
you guys cut the crap NOW, everyone is entitled to an opinion and the fact that someone disagree with the other doesn't make him less smart.

madrin

Heh....Flav I think you'd be shocked and dismayed at the ratio of positives to negatives in my mailbox.....

..failing the realization of that, though...refer to #61

MADrin

flavio

Banned
I think you'd be shocked about the positives in my mailbox.

I think it has to do with the idea that I support my views with news and you just throw around insults.

Refer to the above where I said that it's not fooling anyone.

madrin

You're right, Luis..everyone IS entitled to an opinion....

but when they use cheap cut tactics and crass one liners, well....then it's just as valid to call foul. I dunno how much more clear I can make it. Examples...the picture incident mentioned above. The Two trillion dollar incident where he "heard" this would cost such and such and isnt that awful boo hoo hoo..conveniently leaving out the other part of that "study"...

there's nothing more obvious than a guy who can dish it out, but can't take it....

MADrin

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
flavio said:
Just because you happen to be biased towards believing anything that makes you feel good about the war don't act like there's anything wrong with my outlook.

A lot of people here are posting only pro-war articles.
Some people here are posting only anti-war spin with every single comment made. Hell, you can hardly wish our soldiers a safe journey without spouting off about their crimes. :rolleyes:

Newsflash flavio: I don't feel good about the war. If you really think that, then you are about as deep as a desert puddle. I never feel good about people dying. I feel relatively better about fewer people dying than what I believe to be the alternative.

flavio

Banned
outside looking in said:
Some people here are posting only anti-war spin with every single comment made.

Some people are posting only pro-war spin as well. You can see that right?

flavio

Banned
madrin said:
there's nothing more obvious than a guy who can dish it out, but can't take it....

What's that my debating w/ supporting evidence and you're insults and no facts?

I think your on the receiving end of taking it.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
flavio said:
outside looking in said:
Some people here are posting only anti-war spin with every single comment made.

Some people are posting only pro-war spin as well. You can see that right?
What is this, fourth grade? You make the childish comment that some people are posting only pro-war stuff, as if that weren't blatantly obvious to me and every other forum member. Since you post only one side of the argument, I thought it was pretty immature to whine about someone only posting the other side.

I felt like I had to step pretty far down the intelligence level just to stomach a response pointing out the obvious to you... that your posts are as one sided as the ones you're complaining about. Did that really need saying? Did you really not know your posts are as biased as everyone else's?

As if that weren't bad enough, you then respond simply restating your first comment "yeah, but mommmm, they're only posting pro-war spin!" Sheesh.

Let me spare you the effort of replying; instead I'll just put the remainder of your retorts out on the table:

flavio: Some people are posting only pro-war spin as well.

me: Yes, you already stated that.

flavio: But they are.

me: Yes, I can see that. I already said I can see that.

flavio: Uh-uhhhh! You said that peple were posting anti-war spin!

me: To point out that "everyone else" are not the only biased persons here.

flavio: But, but, everyone else is biased.

me: No, everyone is biased.

flavio: But some people are posting only pro-war stuff. :(

me: Sigh. Yes, and some people are only posting anti-war stuff. :rolleyes:

flavio: But that's only because people are posting pro-war stuff! :mad:

me: Crap. No, it's because everyone is biased. Everyone has opinions.

flavio: But they did it first! That's not fair! waaaahhhhhhhhh! :crying5:

flavio

Banned
outside looking in said:
I thought it was pretty immature to whine about someone only posting the other side.

Where did I do that?

You just seem to keep whining about my posts being biased as if others aren't.

Do you actually have a point anywhere? Out with it already.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
flavio said:
outside looking in said:
I thought it was pretty immature to whine about someone only posting the other side.

Where did I do that?
A lot of people here are posting only pro-war articles.

You just seem to keep whining about my posts being biased as if others aren't.
Just because you happen to be biased towards believing anything that makes you feel good about the war don't act like there's anything wrong with my outlook.
You just seem to think your opinion is perfectly neutral while everything else is biased. I was mistaken in thinking I could bring you back to reality.
Do you actually have a point anywhere? Out with it already.
The truth lies somewhere between the vehemently pro and anti war views. The truth is unknown to all of us. These "news" articles you post hardly reveal "the truth." We all know your opinion. You have a right to express it. There is no need to ruin an otherwise reasonable thread by shit-stepping your liberalism all over it. That thread about wishing our soldiers well was disgusting. The thread about the soldier carrying the child was disgusting. Express yourself, support your opinion, and by all means tell it like you see it. But don't go out of your way to find some way of turning something innocent into a steaming pile of horse shit. It's not appreciated, it doesn't make you look intelligent, and it doesn't do much for convincing others that your opinions have merit.

Sharp enough of a point, or should I make it just a bit more blunt?

RD_151

Actually, I'm glad he is biased, it offsets the bias the other way. I'm just curious why there are so many people that are biased one way or the other, and so few that are say neutral, or nearly neutral? Ok, I'm not exactly neutral, I'm leaning to the left on this one, but where are the people who are neutral? Don't we have any Swiss here :D Maybe we need to recruit! It seems everyone is extreme on this issue. Maybe its the fault of the media. Those opposed have to be extremely opposed because those who are for it are so strongly in favor of it, or so it would seem. Its amazing really considering about 80% of the country was opposed without the UN only about a year ago! I guess we have the psychology of propaganda perfected for our own people. Its a shame we didn't do a little more research into how to use it effectively on the rest of the world. I guess we need different tactics outside our borders.

flavio

Banned
outside looking in said:
You read everything through your filter of extreme bias.

flavio said:
you happen to be biased

outside looking in said:
Some people here are posting only anti-war spin

flavio said:
Some people are posting only pro-war spin as well

So far your points have been incredibly enlightening. So you're saying I might be biased huh?

Sure, everyone here is. Thanks a bunch!

By the way, your callusness towards civilian deaths is disgusting.

There is no need to ruin an otherwise reasonable thread by shit-stepping your views all over it. <-(sarcasm)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
RD_151 said:
Its amazing really considering about 80% of the country was opposed without the UN only about a year ago! I guess we have the psychology of propaganda perfected for our own people.

Chomski said that a while ago.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
RD said:
I'm just curious why there are so many people that are biased one way or the other, and so few that are say neutral, or nearly neutral?

The ones in the middle just keep their mouths shut about it.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Why didn't you quote the entire exchange?
flavio said:
A lot of people here are posting only pro-war...
osli said:
Some people here are posting only anti-war spin...
flavio said:
Some people are posting only pro-war spin...
Looks a bit more childish that way, doesn't it? How many times do you want to continue the "but, but..." before you realize we all knew this the whole time?

flavio said:
Does that make you feel better to think good thoughts and ignore reality?
osli said:
...you question my perception of reality?
flavio said:
Yep... yours is just what you would like to believe.
osli said:
You read everything through your filter of extreme bias.
flavio said:
you happen to be biased
Again, looks pretty childish, no? Is this the two year old game of "but he said it first!"? I've never denied my bias. You consistently do...
flavio said:
I'm basing [my perception of reality] off some research.

...don't act like there's anything wrong with my outlook.

flavio said:
So you're saying I might be biased huh? Sure, everyone here is. Thanks a bunch!
By god, I think he might get it! Algernon would be so proud. :disgust2:

flavio

Banned
outside looking in said:
I've never denied my bias. You consistently do...

I never denied my bias but you consistently like to act is if you're not. It has been very childish of you.

Now why not start making some points that everyone wasn't aware of already?