OTC BBQ 7/1-2/06

Inkara1

Yeah, the only thing I'd be worried about with staying there is Mrs. HomeLAN and v2.0 coming home and needing the space back.

HomeLAN

Yeah, we're OK. Tuesday night, someone will have to relinquish the queen bed in V2.0's room and move to the double sleeper sofa in the living room.

Wife's cool with it, so we're OK to host both Inky and SL.

The major remaining concern is airport rides. I can pick you both up, but I go back to work 7-5. Hey Unc! Can you lend a hand with that portion?

Inkara1

Want me to give you a call once the plane's on the tarmac and we're cleared to turn the cell phones back on?

HomeLAN

Given you guys' travel dates, I'd suggest Inky in V2.0's room and SL downstairs. That way, the only moving to be done is Inky for his final night in ATL.

Inkara1

That works for me as long as there are two pillows on the bed... I sleep on my side a lot and if I just have one pillow, my neck hurts in the morning.

HomeLAN

Inkara1 said:
Want me to give you a call once the plane's on the tarmac and we're cleared to turn the cell phones back on?

Nah. The internet's a wonderful thing. I can track your flight progress on it.

You may wish to call me for other reasons, though. You still have my cell number?

Inkara1

If it's the same one as last year, then yes, it's still in my phone's contact list, as is unc's.

At least this year we know to be on the lookout for "operated by" flights, so we don't end up like last year with unc and tonks looking for my flight in the Continental area when I was on Delta. It looks like I'll actually be flying on an America West plane this year, though.

unclehobart

HomeLAN said:
Yeah, we're OK. Tuesday night, someone will have to relinquish the queen bed in V2.0's room and move to the double sleeper sofa in the living room.

Wife's cool with it, so we're OK to host both Inky and SL.

The major remaining concern is airport rides. I can pick you both up, but I go back to work 7-5. Hey Unc! Can you lend a hand with that portion?
Yeah. I can take people back.

HomeLAN

Sweet.

So, I'm thinking SL's gift o' burgers for lunch (with some dogs for the kiddies), and fried catfish (or chicken if you must) for dinner.

Anyone have issues with that?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
July 1...NASA, Florida...shuttle liftoff. If everybody hurries it can make for a nice sidetrip

HomeLAN

I'm not driving down there for that. Sorry. If we want to watch, I have a perfectly servicable TV and satellite receiver.

HomeLAN

Yes. I'll do both pick-ups if you can do both returns.

We should prolly get together on planning before they start showing up. I'm a bachelor for the next two nights if you want to give me a yell. I'm thinking the only thing we really need to settle on is booze shopping (which I could do) and the split on the bills.

unclehobart

I was just reminded of the only fly in the ointment. I forgot that thursday is 1015 dental for the kids first round of fillings. SL's flight is 230. Its possible with luck to be back home with everyone by noon... 1245 latest... making a 1pm pickup or sooner... making it 1:30 to get to the airport... and 1:45 to 'the line'. Considering homeland security these days, theres no telling if its enough time.

Another option is that I drop off the brood at the dentist and then go hot-boogy it down to get him and run him to the airport so I can be back by 1230 to pick them up... a little tight... but doable.

Third option is that he comes to the dentist with us and then the whole pack goes to the airport with us... saving about 30 minutes on the drop/pick time between the two houses. It all depends on where he wants to wait out the two hours of dead time... at the airport, or at a juvinile dentists office waiting room.

HomeLAN

I think that would violate the "no blood" rule at the BBQ. I'm pretty sure those girls would fuck him up pretty bad.

Inkara1

Trust me... 45 minutes isn't enough at that airport... although ATL was a lot quicker than LAX. If his flight leaves at 2:30, he'd need to be on the plane at 2-2:10, and it would certainly take longer than 25 minutes to find his e-ticket on the computer, get the baggage checked in, then get through that security clusterfuck they've got set up with the bitchiest Homeland Security employees they can find, then go the half-mile down the tunnel to his terminal.