OTC BBQ 7/1-2/06

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Came damn close to that this morning. I was unzipping one of the bunks on the trailer, and the zipper disintegrated into a handful of teeth. While I was busting a nut trying to figure out how to sew a new 3' zipper into already fragile canvas (and where the hell do you even get a 3' zipper? I was thinking about sacraficing a sleeping bag) Mum comes to the rescue with that miracle of modern science : Velcro.

Velcro is FANTASTIC! It paid for most of my Uni education :D

HomeLAN

:shrug: Prof, the offer is open as far as I'm concerned. SL and Inky would have to move to Unc and Tonks's, but I could fit all five of you if need be.

Professur

Thanks HL. If it was just for the weekend, but we're there for 2 weeks. I think yer missus might have summat to say.

Kruz

I still dont know if I can get out of work early on sat..
but will be there even if its later in afternoon,

Professur

Jesus Wept, lovely forecast for us for the next few days. Not a hope in hell of getting any more work done on the trailer. Good thing I pulled the end canvases off and can work on them indoors. No chance of getting the bike hitch welded on. Loading the trailer in the pissing rain is gonna be soooooo much fun. Nothing I like more than a challenge. At least the raising cables are all fixed, if not tuned. That I'll do later. I still count on 2x4 supports once it's up anyways, so if one end is half an inch low on it's cable, it'll be straight when the boards go in.

That, and a couple of sway bar bushings for the van, and we're only a week away from being ready to go.

Someone shoot me.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Professur said:
Jesus Wept, lovely forecast for us for the next few days. Not a hope in hell of getting any more work done on the trailer. Good thing I pulled the end canvases off and can work on them indoors. No chance of getting the bike hitch welded on. Loading the trailer in the pissing rain is gonna be soooooo much fun. Nothing I like more than a challenge. At least the raising cables are all fixed, if not tuned. That I'll do later. I still count on 2x4 supports once it's up anyways, so if one end is half an inch low on it's cable, it'll be straight when the boards go in.

That, and a couple of sway bar bushings for the van, and we're only a week away from being ready to go.

Someone shoot me.

Criminy, how about some cheese to go with that whine?

Suck it up old man. It's water. It won't kill you.

Professur

No, but it will kill any chance of warm dry beds if I have to pack up the canvas while it's wet. Arc welding in the rain ... yeah, that'll kill me for certain. Firing up an electric air compressor for the tools to change the bushings might well too.

When I see your scrawny ass crossing the border heading this way, you can talk.

Professur

Damn. Intellicast.com 10-day forecast for Atlanta. Thunderstorms every damn day. WTF?? UV index 11??? I didn't even know the UV index went over 9.

HomeLAN

Only 20-30% chances. What that is, is a typical Atlanta summer pattern. Hot as hell, with hit-and-miss popcorn T-storms in the late afternoon.

No biggie.

catocom

I'm still waiting to hear if I have a person making the trip for the fireworks here.
I was at Sam's club today, and almost bought a package/set, but they were
way more expensive, and not as big.:shrug:
I'm going right now, while I'm thinking of it, and check to see if the regular
people that go all the time are indeed going soon.

catocom

looks like me and my uncle may be making a trip to SC today.
I'm waiting to hear from him.
From here, it's only about like driving to Atl.:nerd:

HomeLAN

Inky and SL, what exact dates are you here? I'm thinking about sleeping arrangements if you're here much past the fourth.

Stop Laughing

I know Inky's there until Wednesday afternoon, and I'm there until Thursday.

BTW, I could leave Wednesday morning but you'll have to make 2 trips to the airport since Inky leaves in the afternoon.

HomeLAN

Hmm. I hould have plenty of beds through the night of the third, and I can probably put you both up the rest of the time as well.

Since the wife will be home on the fourth, lemme run that by her. Stay tuned.