Patriots may have been cheating!

woodman19_99

Under no circumstances have I lost any argument. You have been trying to change my opinion on something, and you haven't, not in the least little bit.

unclehobart

There are tons and tons of tapes of network feed of every game from the last decade. It would be tedious and laborious to go through it all, but there should be a way to identify almost everyone on the sidelines and what they are doing since there are 2-4 cameras constantly videotaping everything that is going on at the sidelines; red flag the suspicious people and identify their movements during the games, and bring the hammer down on the naughty.

markjs

Banned
What you quoted from that article is no proof what so ever. If the Packers had real evidence, why was nothing done about it? Were they just trying to be nice, saying "oh, well we'll just remove the person, by not actually do anything about it"? Why was it not a bigger story? Why is it that after the Pats have been doing so well does it become a major issue?

It may not be proof but it's evidence, andf the fact that Tomlin is saying there have long been rumours, well that's more evidence....

Again nobody else has ever been caught doing this but you are asking us to believe that this is the first time the Patriots broke the rules to steal signals, but with no actual proof, or even evidence, you expect us to believe other teams are just as bad. So even though you guys got caught cheating it's really no big deal.....This keeps getting more and more fun, keep it coming!

:laugh: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl3:

unclehobart

Woody... don't listen to him. He doesn't care to have reasoned discourse such as we have been having. He just wants to run around in circles screaming 'I win'.

markjs

Banned
Under no circumstances have I lost any argument. You have been trying to change my opinion on something, and you haven't, not in the least little bit.

No, well then let's just say I am deriving a hell of a lot of amusement out of your lame justifications, rationalizations, and denial of what is really at hand....

:toast: :laugh: :rofl:

markjs

Banned
Well unkie, it's been clear to me for a long time you personally dislike me, so go ahead and take his side, it'll be fun to watch you try and make an argument out of defending a proven cheater, by pointing the finger at everyone else with no evidence, and then denying evidence that does actually exist against the Pats.

This could become even more fun....

markjs

Banned

Actually I had no expectation of changing your opinion, I just enjoy watching you try to defend your team with flimsy rationaliztions, justifications, double standards, and outright denial, and then pointing out the glaring flaws and holes in your argument. I know damn well you don't have enough integrity to simply admit your team got caught cheating, and let it go.

woodman19_99

Actually I had no expectation of changing your opinion, I just enjoy watching you try to defend your team with flimsy rationaliztions, justifications, double standards, and outright denial, and then pointing out the glaring flaws and holes in your argument. I know damn well you don't have enough integrity to simply admit your team got caught cheating, and let it go.

While I'll definitely admit that they broke the rules in this case and probably deserve to have a couple of picks taken away, .

I understand that it was cheating, I really do.

I know it was wrong,

That's thre times I admitted they cheated. You can have whatever opinion you choose to have on what I have said, that's what makes this discussion so good. Fact of the matter is, the fines and penalties have been stated and there is not a damn thing any of this bickering will accomplish.

Have a nice day!:toast:

markjs

Banned
recordingits.gif

12th+man+final.bmp

cheatiesne9.jpg

markjs

Banned
More evidence?

nj.com said:
....The scandal has raised a justifiable degree of questions about Belichick's tactics during the second half of the Super Bowl win over the Eagles.

Game film reveals a series of Philadelphia blitzes suddenly picked up with relative ease by the Patriots, who scored on three of their first four drives of the second half (17 points), sacked Donovan McNabb four times and forced four turnovers.

Quarterback Tom Brady turned it around after a sluggish first half to deliver one devastating screen pass after another to frustrate and fatigue the Eagles' defense....

....There also are unconfirmed reports the Patriots may have rigged the helmets of some of their defenders with microphones in recent years in an attempt to pick up quarterback audibles and offensive line calls, then relaying those signals to their coaching staff....

More will be revealed....

unclehobart

Well unkie, it's been clear to me for a long time you personally dislike me, so go ahead and take his side, it'll be fun to watch you try and make an argument out of defending a proven cheater, by pointing the finger at everyone else with no evidence, and then denying evidence that does actually exist against the Pats.

This could become even more fun....
What deluded little world do you live in? In what way would personal animosity for you translate into my suddenly taking an instant anti position? You think I will suddenly join Woodman's camp of the argument just to get at you even thought I have clearly taken the exact oposite tact since the start? You and I have been in fair agreement on this issue since the beginning. Its your tactics that I can't stand. You start off with wonderful reason and tact and then start to crumble into childish taunting and paranoia. I don't dislike you. I just think you go too far and overplay your hand.

markjs

Banned
OK, thanks for the vote of non dislike, but that one neg rep you gave me came off like a personal insult. You got my PMs I assume? And for the record I got over my dislike of you and my anger over the neg rep about five minutes after my last PM.

It's not personal, it's just funny to me that he continues a fight he cannot win. This board has provided me endless hours of entertainment. I realize I come off harsh online. I can be that way in person, but rarely ever am. I am a nice guy, and it's too bad I am unable to meet you all, because I count more than a few conservatives as friends. Can't stand their politics, but great people nevertheless. I wouldn't be surprized if I liked Gonz if I knew him in person.

Internet bulletin boards are for fun, and that's what they are to me. I rarely take things as seriously as I come off, but I am adversarial, and pasionate. I am a scorpion and the name "Mark" means warlike, and I certainly live up to my name and birthsign, whether it be coincidence or no. This is a place where I let my opinions and ideas run wild. I am sorry some of you take me like I am trying to hurt feelings because I am not. I am sometimes guilty of taking others too seriously too, but I do my best to try not to. I simply enjoy a good debate, and all the more when I can pretty much prove I am right and the counterpoint keeps digging it deeper.

I suppose in truth I did get a little mean spirited and for that I am sorry woodman. The trouble is though, while I believe the Patriots have always been a great team, this scandal casts serious doubts no matter how you slice it. I am sure they would have at least one ring, maybe two, but I strongly suspect not three. We will never know, but when the best team in the game gets caught cheating they give us fuel for hatred. If some bad team got caught of course it wouldn't be a big deal, because there would be no unreal success, and no reason to believe it was even giving them a competitive advantage, but when a good team does it, especially one that is known for having blue collar players and brilliant coaching, it looks damn bad, and it is.

unclehobart

See... I don't take it as a fight. Its just an opinion... and sometimes opinions are formed from gut feelings. They don't have to have quotes, history, backup, or even reasoning. They're just opinions. I take it at face value... unless it is such a whack position that we would like clarity as to what they hope to accomplish by doing 'X' in 'Y' way.

I too am adversarial and passionate and try not to let the Klingon in my blood out too often. I am in real life exactly as I appear in the boards. This is the way I think, the way I talk, the way I chew gum. I never present a stance strictly for the sake of being a devils advocate unless I state such a goal up front. I never take my argument more than I would do if face to face. I don't understand the whole motif of an internet alter ego... so when someone acts like 'x' on the net... my mind writes them up as being 'x' in real life. Sorry to be such a grump... but you do seem to drag it out of me after a bit.

unclehobart

Total sidebar,

I have been a Seahawk fan... not gnashing, psycho, beat people up in the bar for talking smack fanatic, ... but a fan since the early 80's. I think they got seriously shafted in the Super Bowl by the officiating. Had the calls gone right, they might very well be sporting rings.

markjs

Banned
Oh I am the same person on the board or off, it's just that I don't tend to debate politics with my friends. If they disagree I just tune them out when they start ranting and change the subject. I just tend to come off different in written communication and sometimes I just get too disgusted by viewpoints I disagree with and perople take me wrong. I am like anyone a work in progress and I try to just be myself. Sometimes that's too much for people, but I would have it known that I really don't dislike anyone here, except for "he who must not be named".