Public enemy #1

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Not to mention that Hydrogen is around 4 times more explosive/flammable than gasoline...I'm sure you can look up the Hindenburg for a reference. ;)

Winky

Yes, there are issues when it come to storing and transporting it.
Not to mention it's energy density.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
*sigh*

The federal governments job is to promote "useul sciences..." Bush did. He shouldn't have
provided monies, but he did. I never suggested Bush was a conservative.

They did make cars that ran on hydrogen. From what I understand, they are far superior to the stupid Volt/Leaf/hybrid nonsense. In fact, Toyota still plans to market them.

I'm bitching because Obama stopped funding a viable alternative & promoted somethign NOBODY wants.

Where will hydrogen come from? Ugh, lemme look around...oh yea, everywhere!

2minkey

bootlicker
*sigh*

The federal governments job is to promote "useul sciences..." Bush did. He shouldn't have

They did make cars that ran on hydrogen. From what I understand, they are far superior to the stupid Volt/Leaf/hybrid nonsense. In fact, Toyota still plans to market them.

I'm bitching because Obama stopped funding a viable alternative & promoted somethign NOBODY wants.

Where will hydrogen come from? Ugh, lemme look around...oh yea, everywhere!

useful sciences is about protecting intellectual property, not funding research or industry.

yeah obama picked some boners. and it's going to cost him.

Winky

someone's gotta pay
1hcyup.jpg
vpe2b7.jpg

catocom

okay. though #7 is still "create a plan" for a long shot...
Wind is actually read, except......

Boon Pickens is producing more electricity than the line can handle.
They never really got with Corning, and started making the new transmission lines.
They decided to go party instead....., and if Obama==ma gets a second, the partying Will continue
and we Will continue into the black hole of debt.

2minkey

bootlicker
okay so i was right about what it says, in one particular spot, about the useful arts, er, sciences?

... so when you said this

you inappropriately extended the meaning of useful sciences for giggles, to draw flies?

there are areas of the economy that need a little help due to cultural limitations inherent in the american version of capitalism. there's a proven model for success in certain embodiments of cooperation between gov, industry, and the academy. it is rational to repeat those embodiments. i would explain what the fuck i mean by this, but you don't give a shit, so...

catocom

we could always build another hundred nuke plants
that won't do it.
It's the "transmission lines"
That's what I don't understand is how a nuke plant can handle the lines fine, but they can't or won't
get the lines to work with the windmills.
I think it's all the friggin' lobbyist.
Lobbying ought to be out lawed.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
you inappropriately extended the meaning of useful sciences for giggles, to draw flies?

there are areas of the economy that need a little help due to cultural limitations inherent in the american version of capitalism. there's a proven model for success in certain embodiments of cooperation between gov, industry, and the academy. it is rational to repeat those embodiments. i would explain what the fuck i mean by this, but you don't give a shit, so...

Federalist 43

A power ``to promote the progress of science and useful arts, by
securing, for a limited time, to authors and inventors, the
exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries.
''The utility of this power will scarcely be questioned. The
copyright of authors has been solemnly adjudged, in Great
Britain, to be a right of common law. The right to useful
inventions seems with equal reason to belong to the inventors.
The public good fully coincides in both cases with the claims of
individuals. The States cannot separately make effectual
provisions for either of the cases, and most of them have
anticipated the decision of this point, by laws passed at the
instance of Congress.

Given Madisons explanation, the use of the word promote extends to the individual. Promoting sciences & useful arts seems within their mandate, since the government is not funding anything nor denying anything. I'm not sure I'd have trouble using your definition, provided you didn't follow it up with the final paragraph, which Madison does not, in any manner, include with the powers of government.

2minkey

bootlicker
if by last paragraph you mean my last paragraph.... it wasn't about what the constitution allows...

anyway, i don't think one can reasonably interpret that language as going beyond making/enforcing IP law.