Same old same old?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
alex said:
Why the fuck should I leave. I was hired to do a job....which I'm doing. I'm not the one loafing off, standing around telling offending jokes....YOU FUCKING LEAVE.

Perhaps because between the 3 minutes relaxation breaks I take 20 times per day I get 4 times the work done with one tenth the mistakes you do? You're sepnding more time being offended & les time focusing on your work.

Alex said:
If someone is constantly speaking in a manner that offends me, I'll politely ask them to stop. If they don't stop, I'll take it further up the chain.

And now I can say for sure; THANK GOD I DON'T WORK WITH YOU.

Offense is in the eye, or ear, of the beholder. That does not make them correct in that assesment for the group.

BeardofPants

alex said:
Why the fuck should I leave. I was hired to do a job....which I'm doing. I'm not the one loafing off, standing around telling offending jokes....YOU FUCKING LEAVE.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to alex again.

In any case, in response to my situation at work, I have lodged a formal complaint against the harassers. I'm not letting them get away with this shit, and I fully plan on leaning against management until something gets done. You have to understand that this level of harassment has had implications on my health, and mental well-being. I'm not going to quietly sit down somewhere and wait for management to bumble their way through it. Not when my health is up the shoot, and these bullies are consistently allowed to get away with shit. I had one of them in my office ranting and swearing at me on Friday, for godssake, because as far as the bullies are concerned, they have a mandate to behave like children.

chcr

Too cute for words
BeardofPants said:
I had one of them in my office ranting and swearing at me on Friday, for godssake, because as far as the bullies are concerned, they have a mandate to behave like children.
See, shen something like that happens to me I always ask them to leave and not to come back until they can discuss the issue in an adult manner. They generally turn lovely colors...

Professur

BeardofPants said:
I had one of them in my office ranting and swearing at me on Friday, for godssake, because as far as the bullies are concerned, they have a mandate to behave like children.

Leave a well-thumbed copy of Guns and Ammo on your desk (mine rides my inbox). Bullies disappear, and pranks drop to nil.

Yes, HL, I know you disapprove.

BeardofPants

You know what? I did say that. I said it to the person who ranted at me on Friday. I've said it several times. Guess I'm just not worth listening to. :shrug:

chcr

Too cute for words
BeardofPants said:
You know what? I did say that. I said it to the person who ranted at me on Friday. I've said it several times. Guess I'm just not worth listening to. :shrug:
Perhaps you're not using an insulting enough tone of voice. It helps to say it in a patronizing voice as if you were talking to an eight year old imbecile. Really exaggerate the patience too.

Another one I really like is to wait until they're nearly run down and ask, "Are you finished?"

Some people can be a world class asshole on natural talent, I have to work at it a little. :D

HomeLAN

:lol: We must have had the same trainer. The last time I used "Are you finished yet?" the target turned the most delightful shade of eggplant.

I was thinking of dialing 911 before he got it under control.

BeardofPants

:D But you're sexier than gonz, so it's all good ;) You want me to like stroke your... ego... or summit. :p
Chic? Good point, perhaps I need to practice that wankery patronising voice more. :lol:

alex

BeardofPants said:
:D But you're sexier than gonz, so it's all good ;) You want me to like stroke your... ego... or summit. :p

I'm gonna be real nice and leave that one where it sits ;)

Altron

Y'Know, an article NOT occuring at a place of employment would make this argument much easier for the right wingers.

Winky

yeah I suppose that's the downside of bein' a
Pee H Dee

yer no longer part of the unwashed masses...

chcr

Too cute for words
2minkey said:
yeah i did a little of that in skool already.
Too bad they didn't teach you to spell school. :p

So then, you realize that this innate distrust of people who look and/or sound different is an instinctual response? Or that there are reasons which were quite valid once for it. It's certainly not impossible to overcome, but the average jamoke (regardless of race, nationality, creed, etc.) can't be arsed to do it.

Note that if we include me the curve gets thrown off. I don't trust anybody. There are only two kinds of paranoia, rampant and insufficient. :grinyes: