Sits back, lights a cigar.

tonksy

gato...when i was stationed on the ship my duty section leader was a senior chief from my department (AIMD). so one day he comes up to me had hands me 2 ball bearings. he said to keep them in my pocket so i could at least have some military bearing. but what does he know? he was a knucklehead anyway.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonksy said:
gato...when i was stationed on the ship my duty section leader was a senior chief from my department (AIMD). so one day he comes up to me had hands me 2 ball bearings. he said to keep them in my pocket so i could at least have some military bearing. but what does he know? he was a knucklehead anyway.

For those who don't know, military bearing...The ability to keep a cool head when everyone around you is going to pieces so fast you get hit by the shrapnel...;)

tonksy

Gato_Solo said:
For those who don't know, military bearing...The ability to keep a cool head when everyone around you is going to pieces so fast you get hit by the shrapnel...;)
oh i'm cool in a crisis but i was just a cut up. always joking and carrying on...i also never seemed to look pressed and polished for some reason.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Well, since you asked how my life goes....

I have been immersed in the greatest crisis of my life to this point over the last month. I almost lost my home to foreclosure without even knowing there was a problem. My wife and I separated. My physical health is horrendous. And to top it all off, I was the victim of identity theft. How's that for a happy holiday season?

Since Christmas, there have been several developments. My wife and I are going to attempt reconciliation. There are a lot of issues we will have to work together on to improve, but I am convinced she will meet me halfway now, so I'm willing to try. The house looks like it will be saved from foreclosure. The other financial problems are being solved through hard phone work, honesty, and frankly begging for mercy. I have a surgical consult tomorrow regarding an operation to reconstruct my pancreas, so I still ain't out of those woods yet.

Maybe that's TMI, but you did ask...
holy hell!!! :eek13:

IDLEchild

My, relitively new, ipod froze....won't respond...just gives me a blue lit screen of frozen death.

A little part of me died inside.

Alaska

Tired this?

4th generation iPods (includes HP, U2, and iPod Photo) and iPod mini: Press the "Menu" and Select (center) buttons for about 5 to 10 seconds - until the Apple logo appears.

3rd generation and older iPods: Press the "Play/Pause" and "Menu" buttons - hold for about 5 to 10 seconds - until the Apple logo appears.

This will reset (reboot) your iPod. Please note - if you are running version 1.2 of the firmware this will reset your iPod's clock. Otherwise, it changes nothing else on your iPod.

BeardofPants

abooja said:
Been sick off and on for the past month. Had some bloodwork done yesterday. Waiting for the results today. Scared to freaking death.

I've been having some health problems as well. I'm due to have my results back sometime during the next 3-5 days. The good news is I'm not pregnant. Hope it all works out for you though! And ditto for SNP. :)

IDLEchild

BeardofPants said:
Yep, BF's iPod did the same thing. They changed the re-set keys. :tardbang:

The apple tech support gives the wrong directions in going about resetting it.

When reading through the apple message boards the "official" advice works for no one....the unofficial (menu + select buttons) works.

Alaska

Thanks..got it working again. Scary little experience.

Inkara1

Thanks for the tip. Radio Shack sells the HP iPod, so if one comes back with that problem I now know how to reset it.

Inkara1

PT said:
Neon, right?
Check around the tail-lights, that's where mine was leaking. Not sure what the dealer would tell you, but a nice bead of clear caulk around the top of the tail-light fixed mine.
Yeah, I'll check there. Mine's a 2000, while I'm pretty sure yours was the older model, but I guess they didn't get that little problem ironed out in the redesign.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Inkara1 said:
Yeah, I'll check there. Mine's a 2000, while I'm pretty sure yours was the older model, but I guess they didn't get that little problem ironed out in the redesign.
Yep, mines a 97. Be sure to check the spare too, on mine there wasn't a drain hole, so I drove around with about two inches of water in there for awhile til I went to use the jack one day. 1/4" drill bit will take care of that problem.

ClaireBear

Banned
Luis G said:
Personal, I feel quite different from the guy I was a few years back, finally I feel like an adult and not just someone "grown up". I'm aware of the things I can do, the things I can't do and the things I must work for. I have a direction and goals, even if I don't succeed (which is unlikely) at least I have a direction to pursue.

Thats so what I need Luis!

I don't feel adult in any way... I'm wasting my life... I have the lifestyle of a 17 year old at 24...

No house
Shit temp job
A wasted degree
No car
No passport

No life!

In overall, I'm happy with my life.

I'm really pleased for you... its amazing the change a month or so can produce! Go Luis! :kiss: :hug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Nixy said:
Just spent $533.10 on books for this semester, still waiting for 2 of my 4 grades from last semester, tomorrow is my third day of class for this semster, my Christmas break was good but not near long enough.

Update :brush:

Now have all six grades from last semester, am very pleased. :brush: