Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
*realizes that most of you that were alive then probably weren't allowed to stay up that late*

Back when John wasn't high, Dan wasn't fat & Jane was an ignorant slut?

spike

Gonz said:
No.

The last SNL comedian worth his salt was, lemme see, Eddie Murphy?

A few have been worth their salt sinc Eddie Murphy:

Victoria Jackson
Dana Carvey
Phil Hartman
Kevin Nealon
Jon Lovitz
Dennis Miller
Ben Stiller
Mike Myers
Chris Rock
Rob Schneider
Chris Farley
Adam Sandler
David Spade
Tim Meadows
Norm MacDonald
Janeane Garofalo
Tina Fey
Molly Shannon
Jim Breuer
Will Ferrell
Darrell Hammond

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Dennis Miller.

In all honesty, I liked the acting of Janeane Garofalo. Then she opened her mouth.

Chris Rock is a funny stand up guy but his acting leaves something to be desired.

Victoria Jackson doesn't suck. (well, she might but that's another thread)

The rest do,

Inkara1

I've always been a fan of Norm MacDonald, particularly his delivery style, the way he'll stand perfectly still for a few seconds while the joke sinks in.

I thought SNL was consistently good through the early '90s, then started to go downhill. Now, when I do see it, on occasion a skit will be funny, but a good many aren't... especially the recurring skits. Definitely not up to the standards of "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood," that's for sure. The Vincent Price one might be funnier if the guy sounded anything like Price at all.

A.B.Normal

Inkara1 said:
I've always been a fan of Norm MacDonald, particularly his delivery style, the way he'll stand perfectly still for a few seconds while the joke sinks in.

I thought SNL was consistently good through the early '90s, then started to go downhill. Now, when I do see it, on occasion a skit will be funny, but a good many aren't... especially the recurring skits. Definitely not up to the standards of "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood," that's for sure. The Vincent Price one might be funnier if the guy sounded anything like Price at all.

The only skit thats really made me laugh was the Colonel Angus one ,with Christopher Walken.

Cerise

I haven't seen a movie in a theater for years, but I suspect that my boyfriend will make an attempt to drag me to this Nascar flick. As long as he pays, and buys the popcorn I might take him up on it :shrug:

Recently SNL has turned too lib for my tastes (and I largely blame Tina Fey).

But I always liked David Spade.

Especially in Joe Dirt when he was at the fireworks stand:

Joe: So your gonna' tell me that you don't have no black cats, no roman candles, or screaming mimis?
Kicking Wing: No.
Joe: Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
Kicking Wing: No, I don't.
Joe: You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?
Kicking Wing: No... because snakes and sparklers are the only ones I like.
Joe: Well that might be your problem, it's not what you like, it's the consumer.

:roll2: He said Whistling Kitty Chaser....

tonksy

Yeah...cus he probably said something to deserve it :p

Actually...I was confused and thought it was him that shot her and then himself instead of vice versa :blush:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
spike said:
I'm talking about Phil Hartman in a a soylent green SNL skit.

yeah, but he was imitaiting heston, who starred in the movie soylent green fromthe 70's

Don't like ferrel, don't watch nascar, so I doubt I would get the movie, But I did like adam sandlers movies.

spike

paul_valaru said:
yeah, but he was imitaiting heston, who starred in the movie soylent green fromthe 70's

Exactly, hence the "that's Phil Hartman as Heston" comment. Where's the confusion?