The End of an Era, Pt. 2

Professur

UncleHobart said:
nope. won't do it. i choose, like all americans, to live fast and free. (dry fires pistol into temple while drunk and wearing womens clothes and listening to ABBA on the 8 track)

Inkara1

Hate is a strong word... but I guess at that time I wouldn't have ever seen myself sleeping in the upstairs front right bedroom... or fixing the polarity of the center speaker wiring so the movie dialogue was as loud as everything else. Speaking of which... is the loudness still better?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Hate is a strong word... but I guess at that time I wouldn't have ever seen myself sleeping in the upstairs front right bedroom... or fixing the polarity of the center speaker wiring so the movie dialogue was as loud as everything else. Speaking of which... is the loudness still better?

Depends on the track, typically on AC3 (dolby digital) the goal is to have a loudness similar to that of the real situation, that's why dialogues may seem quiet when compared to explosions. To solve this activate "dynamic range compression". I for one, prefer to have the whole dynamic range unaltered.

unclehobart

Inkara1 said:
Its only better within older surround formats like 5.1.1 and whatnot. Cutting edge stuff is still outta whack.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

Best Jack Handey Ever.