The Final Word On Walmart!

jimpeel

Here is some walmart dirt, which is why I think it is a unfeeling corporate entity

Linky

This is just too easy. In your zeal to selectively quote from the article, you conveniently forgot these other facts FROM YOUR OWN LINK.

Companies (not just Wal-Mart) routinely take out secret life insurance policies on the lives of their low-level employees ...

The policies are called corporate-owned life insurance policies or COLIs for short.

It is impossible to know how many companies purchased COLI policies on their employees because of secrecy surrounding the policies. But an attorney for the Hartford Life Insurance Co. estimated that one-fourth of the Fortune 500 companies have them, which cover the lives of between 5 million and 6 million workers.

For example, Procter & Gamble and AT&T have them, but representatives of both companies would not comment on the details.

While COLIs are usually kept under wraps, they have suddenly become the focus in a lawsuit here against Wal-Mart, one of the city's largest employers, and Camelot Music.

Proctor & Gamble make the following products. Are they an unfeeling corporate entity? Do you use any of their products?

Air Fresheners
Febreze Air Fresheners

Antiperspirants & Deodorants
Old Spice
Secret

Baby & Child Care
Charmin
Children's Pepto
Dreft
Luvs
Pampers
Pampers Kandoo
Puffs

Batteries
Duracell

Body Wash & Soap
Camay
Ivory
Noxzema
Olay
Old Spice
Safeguard
Zest

Colognes
Old Spice

Cosmetics
CoverGirl
Max Factor

Dish Washing
Cascade
Dawn
Ivory
Joy

Feminine Care
Always
Tampax

Hair Care
Aussie
Head & Shoulders
Herbal Essences
Infusium 23
Pantene

Hair Color
Clairol

Health Care
Align
Braun
Fibersure
Metamucil
Pepto-Bismol
Prilosec OTC

ThermaCare
Vicks

Household Cleaners
Bounty
Febreze Air Fresheners
Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash
Swiffer

Laundry & Fabric Care
Bounce
Cheer
Downy
Dreft
Era
Febreze Air Fresheners
Gain
Ivory
Tide

Oral Care
Braun
Crest
Crest Glide
Crest Whitestrips
Fixodent
Gleem
Scope
Oral-B

Paper Products
Bounty
Charmin
Puffs

Pet Nutrition
Eukanuba
Iams

Prescription Drugs
Actonel
Asacol
Dantrium
Dantrium IV
Didronel
Enablex
Macrobid
Macrodantin

Prestige Fragrances
BALDESSARINI
BOSS
BOSS SKIN
bruno banani
ESCADA
Ghost
Giorgio Beverly Hills
HUGO
LACOSTE
NAOMI CAMPBELL
PUMA
Valentino

Shaving
Braun
Gillette Fusion
Gillette M3Power
Gillette SatinCare
Gillette Venus

Skin Care
Braun
Gillette Complete Skincare
Noxzema
Olay

Small Appliances
Braun

Snacks & Coffee
Folgers
Home Café
Millstone
Pringles

SOURCE

Have you boycotted these products?

Do ou have Sprint service? That's AT&T an unfeeling corporate entity.

If Wal-Mart is an unfeeling coroprate entity, what does that make the Hartford Life Insurance Co. and AIG Life Insurance Co.? which sold them the policies.

When a company well-versed in insurance codes comes to Hartford to buy COLI policies, Hartford does not pay attention to whether "insurable interest" needs to apply, Chasnoff said.

Meanwhile, National Convenience Stores also has bought accidental death policies on its employees. When an employee died at work, such as in a robbery, NCS received $250,000, Clearman said.

Inkara1

Sprint is not an AT&T company. Sprint is Sprint Nextel. AT&T is a separate company... the cell phone company used to be called Cingular.

jimpeel

Sprint is not an AT&T company. Sprint is Sprint Nextel. AT&T is a separate company... the cell phone company used to be called Cingular.

Arrrrrrgh!! Ya got me pahdner.

That was Verizon that had James Earl Jones, not Sprint. Sorry about that.

Is Verizon still part of AT&T or did they split off?

2minkey

bootlicker
i've never been to any of those walmart-related websites you mention, BTW. i must have got my lies right out of the celestial vapors.

unclehobart

I can't recall American history being taught in my school past the 9th grade unless you chose it as some sort of college prep elective. World History was skeletaly covered in the 10th grade though. Trying to cover the whole world in the span of a 45 min class over one school year was about frickin funny... and almost pointless... especially since it was 90% Eurocentrisic. An alien falling out of the sky taking that class would have left thinking that the world started with Charlemagne and ended with Napoleon and its map would have been no more than Russia, Europe, and North Africa. China? Asia? South America? Screw em.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
It varies by State. I arbitrarily chose 10th. Your mileage may vary. Must be present to win. Void where prohibited, prohibited where voided, and unthinkably evil in most Canadian provinces. Offer expires at midnight Eastern time. Close cover before striking. Know when to say when, and when to say not when. All rights reserved and all reservations righted.

Inkara1

Arrrrrrgh!! Ya got me pahdner.

That was Verizon that had James Earl Jones, not Sprint. Sorry about that.

Is Verizon still part of AT&T or did they split off?

Verizon used to be GTE. I guess technically you could say it used to be part of AT&T because GTE was one of the "baby bells" that split off from AT&T in the 80s... as was Pacific Bell, Southwestern Bell, etc.

jimpeel

i've never been to any of those walmart-related websites you mention, BTW. i must have got my lies right out of the celestial vapors.

Hell, you don't have to go there at all. Those lies have been making the word-of-mouth circuit like urban legends for years.

It is kinda fun going to those links to see just how far the union hacks are willing to go to try to get those 1.8 million dues paying members dollars into their coffers. It takes a lot of money to run those limos and private jets and taking out ads to tell the rank-and-file how to vote.

Just think of how the prices at Wal-Mart would escalate if they could rope a deal with them like they did with GM. GM has to pay their laid-off employees their full wage, plus health benefits, even though they don't work there any more. GM spends over five billion dollars on health care and only 2.2 billion for steel to build cars. $1,500 of every car is for health care so they can't compete with the foreign competition which gets government subsidies. If GM is still in business in five years it will amaze me. That's why the unions need fresh blood or they won't survive either.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Verizon used to be GTE. I guess technically you could say it used to be part of AT&T because GTE was one of the "baby bells" that split off from AT&T in the 80s... as was Pacific Bell, Southwestern Bell, etc.

I hated GTE. They couldn't do anything right, as far as I was concerned. Verizon fixed all that.