the gas companys are EVIL

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Nobody really needs that huge, gas guzzling SUV...except for HomeLAN, who has to seat 8. ;) Nobody really needs a 300HP motor...even pulling all that weight of SUV around. The market, however, created a perceived need for such road-behemoths, and the sheeple decided that that's what they wanted. I mentioned that before, too. Now that gas is closing in on $4.00 per gallon, we have those same sheeple complaining that the President needs to open up the oil reserves to help them afford the gas-guzzler that they never needed in the first place. :shrug: There's nothing wrong with driving a car that you can afford to fill up at $4.00 per gallon, is there? Think of how nice that car will be even if the price goes back down. ;)

Why does HomeLAN have to seat eight?? He has one wife and one son unless he's living a dual life :p

MrBishop

Gato_Solo said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Nobody really needs that huge, gas guzzling SUV...except for HomeLAN, who has to seat 8. ;)
You might be thinking of PT. I know that he's got one doozie of a family :eek:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
crystal scan said:
:lol2: he needs to stop having sex :lol2:

You need to stop making comments when you don't even know the people. Just because he has a large family does not mean he spawned all of them.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
Nobody really needs a 300HP motor...even pulling all that weight of SUV around.

But there cars with v4 2.0l engines that will give you 225hp at stock spec :D

HomeLAN

Hell, I'm pulling better than that on the highway, and I'm pushing 345 HP.

It's not needed, Gato, you're right. In some cases, though, it IS desired. As long as you can tote the note, why not?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
HomeLAN said:

It's not needed, Gato, you're right. In some cases, though, it IS desired. As long as you can tote the note, why not?

That's the main point. People bought these vehicles thinking 2 things...I need this...and I can afford it. Now that gas is over $3.00, they suddenly figure out that the don't really need it, and they definitely can't afford it. For the loan on a typical SUV, you can get 2 Hyundais...Not that i like Hyundais, but you get the point. My cars aren't the greatest when it comes to mileage, but I'm getting over 25 mpg in mixed driving on the Sebring, and over 30 mpg in mixed driving on the Audi (provided I'm not going 'hell-bent for leather').

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
HomeLAN said:

That was the average, I'm sure that can very same car can reach over 30 miles per gallon easily on a highway.