Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by spike, Apr 16, 2007.

1. spike New Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/
  2. SouthernN'Proud Fighting oppressive Warshinton gubmint since 1861 Southern Discomfort

Just saw this story on yahoo. Wow.
  3. MrBishop Fuckin' Idealist on Holiday. CYA Well-Known Member

The death-count including the gunner is now up to 31...with plenty more wounded. Two incidents, two hours apart with the sedond happening as the police were investigating the 1st.

What a fuckin' mess!
  4. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

Over 50, when you coulnt the wounded.

This guy went in with a mission. If guns were allowed on campus, he may have been dropped before it got so horrible.
  5. chcr We're dancing for once! Too cute for words

The last count I heard was 33 dead and 29 injured I think. Just depressing. Looks to me like there's still a question of whether the two shootings were even related but they may just be hedging their bets. Odd that a man and woman were shot in the dorm and then two hours later (ostensibly) the same guy would start a bloodbath at classes across campus. OTOH some folks is just deranged.
  6. Gonz Founding Member and Vast molṑn labé

My money says his girlfriend & her new lover in the dorm. He then decided that he was already fucked so he may as well take some brainiacs with him.
  7. Luis G Natural disaster <i><b>Problemator</b></i>

:lol:
  8. MrBishop Fuckin' Idealist on Holiday. CYA Well-Known Member

More here
  9. catocom Person of Interest Well-Known Member

It seems they are being careful not to call this terrorism.
    This all seems very suspicious to me.
  10. chcr We're dancing for once! Too cute for words

Where have you seen any evidence that it might be terrorism. Well, okay, I suppose that technically, anything like this could be considered a terrorist act but I don't see anything like a political agenda. I think it's probably like Gonz says. He killed his ex and her new BF and decided "he was already fucked so he may as well take some brainiacs with him." Of course, he was one of the braniacs but I don't see that it matters.
  11. spike New Member

Suspicious how?
  12. 2minkey كافر bootlicker

yep, and since most koreans are full-on gospel christians, it MUST be terrorism, right? that's where the suspicion comes in.

:rolleyes:
  13. 2minkey كافر bootlicker

brainiac?

naw, he was an english major.

:D
  14. TexasRaceLady Thoroughly Texan Active Member

He was an English major --- if he was pissed at profs and students, why didn't he go there. He chose the Engineering Building for some reason.
  15. 2minkey كافر bootlicker

(ducks head)

because he's asian and felt like he shoulda been with all the other asians, in engineering?
    1 people like this.
  16. chcr We're dancing for once! Too cute for words

Point in your favor.

Now you're expecting sense from a nutjob.
  17. Starya comatose New Member

Maybe his girlfriend had a thing for engineers. :shrug:

By the way, his roommate was an engineer student. And, apparantly he had a grudge against "rich kids". Since, it seems, he stuck to himself he might have had more out of class contact with engineer students through his roommate?
  18. catocom Person of Interest Well-Known Member

Gotta lot to do today, but I'll put forth my theory later for ya.:nerd:

wrong, I guess. I don't know of the religion.

terrorism for sure though....
    repercussions already...(see the story about the TxU bomb note...
  19. catocom Person of Interest Well-Known Member

well, it seems the evolving story (background and such) doesn't
    fit my theory anymore. (some, but not enough)
    I guess he was just a psycho.:shrug:
  20. spike New Member

So what was the theory?