Virtually all Iraq's utilities below pre invasion levels

flavio

Banned
catocom said:
Your opinion does not necessarily = fact
You got a better reason for not letting them vote now than "bomber's targets"?

Um, you are kinda contradicting yourself there.
If you think Bush would fix it, what would be the point, so why do you want them to vote? :confused:
He could try, it might be tough though. We could watch the cons avert their eyes from another cover up.

catocom

flavio said:
You got a better reason for not letting them vote now than "bomber's targets"?
nope, let um vote. Doesn't matter to me either way.
At this point, I think we should pull back some and let um fight it out themselves, and wait for um to beg us to come back. (unless Iran jumps in more or something)

flavio said:
He could try, it might be tough though. We could watch the cons avert their eyes from another cover up.
Man, you are just making no sense again now.

Winky

Bush Fails To Prevent East Coast Blizzard - Minorities Hit Hardest , NBC 02/17/06

As President Bush and his staff sit comfortably in the White House, the snow continued to pile up on the many poor and African American victims in the D.C. area who could not afford to get out of town or to safety in Florida. Crucial supplies of blankets, hot cocoa, popcorn, gold jewelry, plasma TVs, Colt 45 and dark rum - so essential to surviving the stress of any major snowstorm - lay in stores undelivered.

"Where is the government? I need my sidewalk shoveled so I can get out to buy my danged lottery tickets!" said one D.C. resident from his living room. "Why are we wasting money in Iraq when we could be spending it here on me?"

Progressive blogs blasted the President for his inaction. "We find the timing terribly suspicious - just as the Domestic Spying hearings kick into high gear, what happens? A major northeast Blizzard. Why now?" wrote one blogger.

Hearings into the Blizzards' effect on hearings are almost a certainty. Howard Dean has suggested he will call for an investigation once his new medications kick in and John Kerry took a break from his winter ski vacation in Aspen to call for new legislation outlawing snowstorms. "The Republican Congress has dropped the ball once again. I have always been a staunch supporter of anti-snow legislation, except for certain locations where I ski. Snow has no business on our roads and the President and Congress know that."

Calls for impeachment over "SnowGate" as some are calling it already are mounting as deeply as the snow itself, and what will be discovered underneath will prove to have a truly chilling effect on the Republicans, as the inevitable thaw proceeds.

This just in ........

More breaking news...... Jesse Jackson wants an investigation as to why snow is ALWAYS white.

It is reported that Dick Cheney has stock in Tru-Value Hardware. Do you have any idea how many SNOW SHOVELS they sold today to the unsuspecting consumer?

The American people will demand to know why FEMA has been so late in reacting to this storm. THEY KNEW IT WAS COMING! And yet they failed to have crews in place to fix the electricity as soon as it went off. It just shows that Bush and the Republicans just don't care about the people in the northeast. The Senate needs to investigate this with administration personnel under oath.

We speculate that the great junior senator from N.Y. has opened the doors of her Long Island mansion to all of the heatless poor of her neighborhood and is busy baking cookies for them while her husband applies body heat to the nearly frozen teen-aged girls.

Winky

A Texas cowboy was tending to his herd in a remote pasture when
suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of a dust cloud towards him.
The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban
sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy...
"If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"
The cowboy looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his
peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure. Why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer,
connects it to his AT&T cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the
Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get
an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA
satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo
The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany.
Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image
has been processed and the data stored.

He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of complex formulas. He uploads all of this data via an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer and finally
turns to the cowboy and says,"You have exactly 1586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says the
cowboy. He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks
on amused as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then the cowboy says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you
exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"
The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why
not?"

"You're a consultant for the National Democrat Party," says the
cowboy.

"Wow! That's correct!" says the yuppie. "But how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required," answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked; and you don't know anything about my business..."Now give me back my dog!"

catocom

Gonz said:
Cut & run is a Democrats way. It's not the American way.
I wasn't suggesting a "pull-out", just a "pull-back".
Mostly on account of the civil war that's about to happen.
Maybe patrol the borders until they get it hashed out among themselves.
Or rope off the kurds. They seem to have more since.
There again, unless it looks like they are going for a genocide or something.

You gotta take that last post, and this one with a grain of salt though.
I don't claim to have been there. All I can do is filter though newses... :lloyd:
I try not to arm-chair-General, but I just can't help myself sometimes.. :D

flavio

Banned
Gonz said:
Cut & run is a Democrats way. It's not the American way.
Unthinking support for lies, criminal activity, attacks on the Constitution, torture, and needless mass death is the Republican way. It's not the American way.

flavio

Banned
Gonz said:
Someday, somehow, you will come up with an original idea.
Says the man with ideas straight from a corrupt administration.

I had an original idea just a few posts back that you missed somehow..."Let the Iraqis vote on whether the US should stay". See it now?

Winky

flavio said:
Unthinking support for lies, criminal activity, attacks on the Constitution, torture, and needless mass death is the Republican way. It's not the American way.

The Hell it ain't!!!

Go GW!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:
Says the man with ideas straight from a corrupt administration.

I had an original idea just a few posts back that you missed somehow..."Let the Iraqis vote on whether the US should stay". See it now?

They make choices every day, or haven't you been paying attention...

Iraqi’s tip leads to suspects capture

BAGHDAD, Iraq – Soldiers from Multi-National Division – Baghdad’s 1st Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, detained four suspected terrorists west of Baghdad after acting on a local national’s tip Feb. 22.

The four suspects are believed to be involved in a cell that makes and emplaces roadside bombs.

Elsewhere, two Iraqi soldiers and two civilians were injured Feb. 22 when a roadside bomb detonated in the vicinity of Al Haswah at approximately 9 a.m.

The wounded soldiers and civilians were transported to a local hospital.

In another incident, Soldiers from MND – B’s 1st Bn., 66th Armor Regiment, 1st BCT, 4th Infantry Division, were conducting a patrol north of Baghdad when an Iraqi civilian reported a drive-by shooting incident.

The Iraqi civilian reported that four terrorists exited a tan Land Rover and murdered a local Iraqi imam.

Elements of the Iraqi army provided security while another IA element attempted to locate the terrorists and the vehicle.

Now go find some bad news to gloat over...

Winky

Point is, wait til oh eight and the Republicans
win again and you'll have four more years to whine?

Winky

The hell it won't.
If yer side was in charge
their situation would change for the worse.
The Iraqi's thank Allah for 'ol Georgie I tell ya!

flavio

Banned
Actually most Iraqis think things are worse now than before Georgie got involved. That's 1.2 trillion dollars of your taxes at work.

It be cool if you started checking facts before you type. Reality ain't really your thing I guess though.

highwayman

flavio said:
Actually most Iraqis think things are worse now than before Georgie got involved. That's 1.2 trillion dollars of your taxes at work.

It be cool if you started checking facts before you type. Reality ain't really your thing I guess though.

Talking about checking facts, list the names of the Iraqis that are currently living in the country(Iraq) that think that the conditions are worse.

BTW it takes congress to authorise the amount of troops AND funding like what we have in Iraq. The presidents powers are quite limited as far as troop movements and the funding needed....

flavio

Banned
highwayman said:
Talking about checking facts, list the names of the Iraqis that are currently living in the country(Iraq) that think that the conditions are worse.
Why would that be necessary?

BTW it takes congress to authorise the amount of troops AND funding like what we have in Iraq. The presidents powers are quite limited as far as troop movements and the funding needed....
Limited? Who makes the budget for Iraq and requests the funding?