What do you wear on your feet?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
For my money, Timberland boots are the finest hiking boots available, with Rocky being a distant second. Their other boots I cannot speak about, but I have put many many miles on my Timberland hikers over all manner of terrain and they have yet to let me down.

I'll look into them next time I'm on the look for shoes. I rarely hike thou.

Altron

Timberland can be kinda pricey unless you get them on sale, but they're amazing, shoes as well as boots.

Altron

Aren't stores supposed to sell anyway? :confuse3:

How much is pricey?

Around here, if a store is having 'a sale', they're selling things at a lower price than they do when they're not having a sale.

I know that my sneakers have a MSRP of 70, and I think the boots are nearly 100. Of course, you can get them cheaper, one pair of sneakers I got on sale for $30, and the boots I got secondhand for $18.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Around here, if a store is having 'a sale', they're selling things at a lower price than they do when they're not having a sale.

I know that my sneakers have a MSRP of 70, and I think the boots are nearly 100. Of course, you can get them cheaper, one pair of sneakers I got on sale for $30, and the boots I got secondhand for $18.

ewww, I could never ever put my feet in shoes that someone else had worn. ICK. I am even hesitant to put on my brother's flip flops if I'm at my mom's house and just running out to get something from the car...my brother's gf put on my shoes one day (my feet are bigger than hers) because she could slip them on easily and just needed to walk out to her car for something...I didn't know her that well at the time and it freaked me out.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member

Got it.

100 doesn't sound like much either way. I rarely buy, so it isn't much of a problem to spend as much as 200 on some good shoes.

Inkara1

The most expensive shoes I ever bought were $150 for a pair of Ecco dress shoes when I was working at RadioShack. I wore them every workday from December (2004) to July (2005) (when I left for my current job at the newspaper) and they were still comfortable. Great investment. If your feet are unhappy, your whole body is unhappy. Some people can get by with shoes from Payless Shoe Source... I can't.

Starya

The most expensive shoes I ever bought were $150 for a pair of Ecco dress shoes when I was working at RadioShack.
That's considered expensive in your part of the world? Over here that's pretty average.
:( My Asics cost me about $290. The Timberlands were $120 but they were on sale. If I were to get good Ecco shoes I might find some for $200 if I was lucky.

And the Crocs? They cost me $47 postage included. I ordered them from the States. Walking into town and buying them in the store would have cost me $86. Yeehaw!

Inkara1

Just curious... what does rent cost there? Gas? What's a typical electric bill? I'm guessing the "cradle-to-grave" mentality of the governments in that part of the world, with the high taxes involved, has something to do with the high cost of living, since employees have to be paid more and that cost gets passed on.

Starya

Just curious... what does rent cost there? Gas? What's a typical electric bill? I'm guessing the "cradle-to-grave" mentality of the governments in that part of the world, with the high taxes involved, has something to do with the high cost of living, since employees have to be paid more and that cost gets passed on.
Personally, I pay $945 a month for a small 2 bedroom flat. Don't drive, so all I know about gas is that it's expensive. We pay for electricity every two months. My last electric bill was $170, but we use little light/heat during the summer. The average cost for DSL is $50 a month. A bottle of decent wine is $17 and the Marvel releases I buy are $6.7 each.

Anywhoo, I think Norway is legendary for being expensive. Tourists from other parts of Europe often bring their own food to cut the costs while they are here.

Altron

I <3 my Ecco dress shoes/boots (not really sure what they are, they're Goretex with very thick soles and a deep boot-like tread, but they don't go high up your ankle like boots), they're fucking sweet.

BlurOfSerenity

Some people can get by with shoes from Payless Shoe Source... I can't.
i used to be able to ... all my shoes were from payless, but every pair get from there now hurts me :( i keep trying though, lol. they always make me feel bad when i return them, though. especially if they have to defect them out... they make a big show of it. i'm thinking of just never setting foot in there again, since they only bring me misery.

target sells the most uncomfortable shoes ever. there is always a weird pinch point or a piece on the inside of the shoe that stabs the foot.
the only comfortble shoes i have ever gotten there are this pair of flip flops that i wear pretty much every day in the warmer months. with pants, skirts, whatever. i searched high and low for a style that was a little more... "edgy". in this world of shiny cheap rubber straps, it's hard to find edgy flip flops, let me tell you.
Photo94.jpg

i often wear these to work
wingtip1.jpg

i also have a pair of chinese mary janes that are black brocade with red dragons. i wear them to work too.

these are some of my favorite boots. they hurt my feet if i wear them too long, but thats due more to the hardness of the inside than the 4inch platform. these are the best damn show boots i've ever had. not so good on the ice because there's not much traction, but their height helps me tread through deep snow. i do get funny looks when i wear them into the courthouse i work in, even though i soon switch to more work appropriate shoes! also good for when it rains a lot and i don't want to get my feet wet in puddles.
platformboot2.jpg

platformboot3.jpg

pic of me wearing them as part of a halloween costume
bloodspatteredalice.jpg

i was the maid of honor in a friend's wedding in july, and to fit the requirement of silver shoes, i wore these
Picture2.png

with this.
CIMG8155.jpg

i was afraid people would be mad at me, but as the reception got rolling, many expressed their jealousy of my comfortable shoes :)

i think that's enough pictures for you guys...

tonksy

Took the kids to Payless today for 2 pairs of shoes each as they were having the Buy one get one half off sale. We let the girls pick their own but we have veto power for utility or "that's just plain ugly" reasons.
Mal walked out with a black and wine colored pair of Mary Jane sneakers and some olive drap velcro closure espradrilles with clear sequins and beading. Mar got 2 pairs of slip on sneakers. One pair resembles Vans, black and pink with skulls and then a pair of blue and red floral ones.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I usually wear flip flops during the summer months (outside of work), sometimes crocs. To work I wear something comfy, usually a pair of brown mary janes but I wear safety boots on the construction sites. In the winter I usually wear runners, I need to get some boots this year.

I also have a pair of cowboy boots :love: I wear them every chance I get.

FluerVanderloo

I used to wear Reeboks religiously...you know those generic white men's shoe? Loved them. When my pair got old, I went right out and bought another just like it.

Fortunately I broke that cycle and just bought my first pair of Pumas. They're dark brown Speed Cat SD. So much more comfortable than those Reeboks for my high arches. They form really well to my feet as well. I wear a Women's US 8, which is a pretty big size for my 5'4" frame, but these things don't make my feet look massive.

I've been getting more into the brown shoe thing recently, and picked up a pair of cute brown wedges from Payless, and a pair of dark brown Mudd low heels.

Still have a pair of black 3" Mary Janes though. Never know when you'll need those.

Aunty Em

I just bought these for the winter. £3 (RRP £29.95), £2.50 (RRP £20) and £11 (RRP £45)respectively... I love eBay and the sales... well it was time I dumped the skechers cos they're too big now as they're too big 'cos my feet don't swell up so badly any more.

TexasRaceLady

When I worked, I wore nothing but SAS.

Now, summertime it is barefoot around the house, sneakers when I go to work out.
I keep a pair of flip-flops and a pair of BASS duck shoes by the back door for outside work.