What mobile phone do you have?

Jeslek

Banned
Aunty Em said:
LastLegionary said:
Me too, I call from landlines... Quite a bit cheaper, and yea I'm a cheap bastard.

My Scots ancestors call it "thrifty". :)
Yes ma'am.

I guess I'm not geeky enough to find surfing the net from my cellphone on a 2 inch screen at 28 kbps "cool". :)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I carry my phone only when necessary. Although it's not issued to me, it is sttrongly advised htat I carry one because you never know when a TDY to the Bahamas might pop up out of nowhere. ;)

agw_01

Luis G said:
modified?

what did you do to it?

i modify everything :D

i took it apart, and soldered a jack type connection onto the circuit board, so when im at home, i can (if i wanna get brain damage) plug it into a bigger aerial and get full reception. it doesn't work properly, but it looks good :D

and, as for those blue LEDs, nah i didn't do that :( but i did do something similar... i got a bunch of 3mm blue LEDs and stuck em down to the front cover (inside) and wired them to the power circuit... so now they stay on all the time when the phone is on... looks pretty cool and i cant be bothered to wire them to the keypad press circuit.

ive got a schematic somewhere, so ill try and find it :)

i also tried taking a picture, but my webcam doesn't like the brightness of this fone so it went all colourful and white! :D

whoreable

i want the type of mobile phone where i don't talk to people.

wait i guess that means not having one. :(

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Unknown model, it says both Motorola and Startac on the front so I guess it hasn't made up its mind who made it yet.

phone.jpg

Serial is A8998F46 but I can't find anywhere on motorola.com to find a product by its serial

Q

Be careful with that antenna. I broke mine off in about 2 weeks. it's really a bad design...but then I still used it for about 9 mo w/o one:D
Now I have this one

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Gee, who'da thunk they would've stuck the model number underneath the battery :retard:

It's a Motorola/StarTAC ST7868W

:headbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I read it because I couldn't stand not knowing what 90% of the features were :D

I didn't even know the sucker had a web browser on it or that I could turbo-dial by holding in one of the 1-9 buttons.

Q

Yeah, you definately need the manual to program some of the stuff on that phone. Did you change it so it says your name now, when you open it up?

Q

I tried to fix mine with electrical tape, but it didn't help the reception any and it looked real bad :D