What mobile phone do you have?

ipmoof

New phone: Nokia 5210

ttla_ph_5210_2.jpg

Shock/beerproof so ideal for uni. It's slightly bigger than the 8210 I have but way better for drunken nights... ;)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Q said:
Yeah, you definately need the manual to program some of the stuff on that phone. Did you change it so it says your name now, when you open it up?
Yes :D

Scanty

LastLegionary said:
Don't have one, don't need one, don't see the use of one in my case...

You won't be saying that when you are left stranded somewhere and need to contact someone, or you are in the midst of some kind of emergency and the only way you can get help is your mobile. People seem to have this weird habit nowadays of rallying against mobile phones just for the sake of being 'different'. Oh I don't need one, I don't find it important, blah blah. It's a worthy investment, imho, and I hardly use mine at all, although I've been damn grateful that I've had it several times now.

And what Shadow said about ...turning...it...off... is so true.

Jeslek

Banned
Scanty said:
You won't be saying that when you are left stranded somewhere and need to contact someone, or you are in the midst of some kind of emergency and the only way you can get help is your mobile. People seem to have this weird habit nowadays of rallying against mobile phones just for the sake of being 'different'. Oh I don't need one, I don't find it important, blah blah. It's a worthy investment, imho, and I hardly use mine at all, although I've been damn grateful that I've had it several times now.

And what Shadow said about ...turning...it...off... is so true.
I've survived just fine until now, and I don't want to start spending money on it per month. I can spend it on better things. When I eventually need one, I will get one. For now my PDA is all I need. ;)

ipmoof

When you are lying in a car wreck, type "HELP!" into your PDA and place it on your mutilated corpse. I'm sure someone will come quickly to your aid.

:tardbang:

Jeslek

Banned
ipmoof said:
When you are lying in a car wreck, type "HELP!" into your PDA and place it on your mutilated corpse. I'm sure someone will come quickly to your aid.

Corpses don't dial phones either. And I'm not going to carry a cell phone around just in case I get into an accident. I'm sorry, I really don't think I need one at this point.

dan

Panasonic GD92

This is the one I have - panasonic GD92. Lovely little thing it is, people still keep on thinking it's new even when it's a couple of years old.

And how could anyone live without a mobile?? I don't think I know *anyone* who doesn't have one... It'd be just weird to meet someone who doesn't have one...

Scanty

Jerrek said:
ipmoof said:

Corpses don't dial phones either. And I'm not going to carry a cell phone around just in case I get into an accident. I'm sorry, I really don't think I need one at this point.

Of course you don't need one at this point. Unless you are actually lying bleeding to death right now.
You don't get the point, nevermind.

Jeslek

Banned
lol... so you're saying I should carry a phone just because I might end up bleeding to death... riiiight, .....

Scanty

are you denying the complete possibility that you could be stuck in a situation where your mobile phone is you only way to get help?

Jeslek

Banned
Scanty said:
are you denying the complete possibility that you could be stuck in a situation where your mobile phone is you only way to get help?
No, I'm not. When my lifestyle changes that I will need one though, I will get one. Right now though, its a waste of money because I'm either with a friend that has one, or with family, or I'm in an office with a fixed line.

Not everyone follows YOUR particular lifestyle so that they NEED one. I've done just fine without one for 20 years and at this point I don't want to spend money for fear of bleeding to death.

Scanty

Jerrek said:
Not everyone follows YOUR particular lifestyle so that they NEED one. I've done just fine without one for 20 years and at this point I don't want to spend money for fear of bleeding to death.

oh dear oh dear oh dear...

MY particular lifestyle??? Yeah, you're right. My social life is just so amazing, I mean...I have people just calling me all the time. No, really. I'm a pretty busy woman at the moment, what with being neither at school nor at full-time work. Oh, and the sitting at home on my computer all day. Not to mention the reading I do in the evenings!! Woo!

Yes you're right MY lifestyle does sort of mean that I NEED a mobile. :rolleyes:
What the piss-hell are you talking about? Don't assume things about me, Jerrek, you make an ass out of yourself.

Oh, and run with that bleeding-to-death exaggeration for as long as you need to, ok?

Jeslek

Banned
Wow... boyfriend troubles?

Can't you just accept that at this point it is more of a _want_ than a _need_ for me? :rolleyes: