What's for dinner

BeardofPants

Ergh, last night we went to an italian restaurant, and I had a radicchio/endive/artichoke/parma ham/grana padano salad, and it was ghastly. :S Expensive too. :blank:

tonksy

So we grilled boneless/skinless chicken breasts at the pool tonight. I had marinated them in a caribbean rub that I found the recipe for in my new Caribbean/South American cookbook. I grilled 5 extra to make chicken salad for a luncheon meeting I have tomorrow. I hate raw celery so I used green apple instead and I also added in spiced pecans and Craisins. Whip those up with half mayo half sour cream and some pepper and all of a sudden I don't want to share anymore :)

I'll serve it on a bed of greens with sliced strawberries and kiwi fruit.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
What I made was a lovely stew

What I ate was a piece a flavourless trout.

(I need a recipe for tuna steak please)

2minkey

bootlicker
(I need a recipe for tuna steak please)

that's easy as could be.

sear it in butter briefly on each side, and eat it. most of it should still be its full raw color. also nice if you smear some wasabi all over each side and coat it with panko flour.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Good thinking, Man! That sounds great.

well, the fish counter was out so this is the PC brand pre packaged stuff, it is frozen (yuck) and vaccuum packed, but PC brand has not let me down yet.

The trout was from the fish counter, it was fresh, but tasteless.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A friend BBQed tuna last weekend. He used a seasame marinade and then ate it with wasabi (he bought it powdered and mixed it up). I tried a tiny piece and it was good (my dinner was steak). He had it dark pink in the middle.