who kicks off the nfl football season?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
:dance: Dick Vermill is going to take the Chiefs to the Super Bowl this year. :dance:

Dave

no way man! this is Bostons year!
Pats win the superbowl, Red Sox win the series and the Bruins win the cup.

*tries to remember where the psych meds are*

tonksy

i am so disappointed in the saints and the radiers, i just can't handle it when they both lose in the same weekend.
PT, i think maybe you mean priest holmes may take the chiefs to the superbowl.

PT

Well, Priest will certainly help, but I really feel what KC has needed for the last decade has been a coach. They've had great talent, but Marty just never pulled them through the way they should have been. I think with Dick at the helm, they can do it.

PT

:shrug: Better than Jimmy for sure, they just need some talent again now.

rrfield

tonks said:
i can't believe they let emmit get away...

Emmit leaving was best for both parties. The 'Boys are rebuilding and it's hard to rebuild with a 34(?) year old running back.

Emmit will get his 1,000 yards this season and the cowboys will stink. So will the Cards though.

rrfield

tonksy

rrfield said:
Emmit leaving was best for both parties. The 'Boys are rebuilding and it's hard to rebuild with a 34(?) year old running back.

Emmit will get his 1,000 yards this season and the cowboys will stink. So will the Cards though.

rrfield
why is it so hard to rebuild with a 34 year old running back? talent is talent and he wouldn't have gotten this far if he wasn't adaptable. i just have a lot of respect for emmit and i think the cowboys kinda underestimated him.

PrincessLissa

Gonz said:
LOOKIT Something flavio & I agree on :D

raiders.gif

I HATE the Raiders!

And yes, the wimmins have taken over the football thead. LOL :D

rrfield

tonks said:
why is it so hard to rebuild with a 34 year old running back? talent is talent and he wouldn't have gotten this far if he wasn't adaptable. i just have a lot of respect for emmit and i think the cowboys kinda underestimated him.

When rebuilding, you want all of your players to peak at once. In the NFL these days, teams have a Window of Opportunity. Emmit has between 1 and 3 years left in his legs, while Tuna and the 'Boys are probably aiming for years 3-6 for their window. Emmit will not be a 1000 yard rusher then. IMO neither will Hambrick, but I'm not the coach or GM :)

rrfield

markjs

Banned
I will tell you this....THE SEAHAWKS ARE FOR REAL THIS YEAR!!!....They will be the surprise playoff team, and after that Who knows....I suspect the Chefs will take it all...or even the Chiefs.

tonksy

markjs said:
I will tell you this....THE SEAHAWKS ARE FOR REAL THIS YEAR!!!....They will be the surprise playoff team, and after that Who knows....I suspect the Chefs will take it all...or even the Chiefs.
after what they did to my saints, i am inclined to believe you about the seahawks....who knew?

tonksy

i am watching the best game! new orleans saints and the new team the houston texans. it's still the first quarter, but they are playing balls to the wall football. i think i am going to have to be a houston fan. their scrappy! quarterbacks kinda cute, too....