who kicks off the nfl football season?

AnomalousEntity

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out the fact that last years super bowl champions got whooped by The Panthers..

...who by the way are thus far undefeated including preseason and the first 2 regular season games....

Unfortunately it was special teams with not one, not two, but three field goal blocks...

That was the signature of the Panthers in what 97..when they were the NFC west champions and one game away from the super bowl... Special teams and good defense...

Looks like its going to be a good year though.

tonksy

AnomalousEntity said:
I would just like to take this opportunity to point out the fact that last years super bowl champions got whooped by The Panthers..

...who by the way are thus far undefeated including preseason and the first 2 regular season games....

Unfortunately it was special teams with not one, not two, but three field goal blocks...

That was the signature of the Panthers in what 97..when they were the NFC west champions and one game away from the super bowl... Special teams and good defense...

Looks like its going to be a good year though.
wasn't that in 98?... god, i'm getting old.

markjs

Banned
The Seahawks lit up the Arizona Tards today 38-0

But the real trial by fire comes in Seattle against the St. Louis Lambs....

GO HAWKS!!!

BTW, coming into the game the Tards offense was ranked #1 in the NFL.

SOLE POSSESION OF FIRST PLACE IN THE NFC WEST!!!....for now at least.

tonksy

eew! i take back what i said about the texans' quarterback...i was confusing him with a safety, stevens.

rrfield

AnomalousEntity said:
No it might have been.... What was their first year as an expansion team? 95 or...no it was 96 wasnt it. yea then it would have been 98.

:tard:

The Vikings and Falcons were in teh NFC title game in 1998 (which would have actually been in 1999). '98 Vikings, only team that went 15-1 to not make it to the Super Bowl.

I think the Panters lost to Green Bay in 1996 (again, which would have been in 1997).

I hate the Packers. Brett Favre has herpes.

rrfield

tonksy

rrfield said:
The Vikings and Falcons were in teh NFC title game in 1998 (which would have actually been in 1999). '98 Vikings, only team that went 15-1 to not make it to the Super Bowl.

I think the Panters lost to Green Bay in 1996 (again, which would have been in 1997).

I hate the Packers. Brett Favre has herpes.

rrfield
it couldn't have been in 97...i think i was deployed then...maybe not. all i remember is that i was still in a relationship with the secret whacko at the time the panthers were hot.

tonksy

Hey Fighting Tigers!

Hey! Fightin' Tigers! Fight all the way!
Hey! Fightin' Tigers! Win the game today!
You've got the know-how, You're doin' fine
Hang on the the ball as you hit the wall
And smash right through the line.
You've got to go-o-o-o! for a touchdown
Ru-u-un! up the score!
Make Mike the Tiger stand right up and roar. ROAR! !! !!
Give it all of your might as you fight tonight,
And keep the goal in view, Victory for LSU!!!

Touchdown!

Tigers, Tigers! They've come to town,
Tigers, Tigers! Make that first down.
Give them the ball now and see how they go,
Smashing the line with runs and passes high and low.
Touchdown, touchdown, it's Tiger's score.
Give 'em HELL and a little bit more.
Come on, you Tigers, Touchdown, you Tigers,
Touchdown for LSU!

Fight For LSU!

Like knights of old, we fight to hold,
The glory of the purple-gold.
We'll carry through, and die or do
To win this game for dear old LSU.
Keep fighting for the higher score,
Come on, you Tigers, fight for more, for more.
Come on, you Tigers, fight, fight, fight
For dear old LSU.

(break up strain)
We are the bravest, we are the strongest football team in history.
Here's to the glory, here's to the honor, marching on to victory.
Cheer for the Tigers, cheer for the Tigers, Tigers fight, fight, fight!

big game tonight...i'm a little keyed up...call it the home version of tailgating!

tonksy

LSU WINS!!! 41-6!!!

the game i would have LOVED to have seen was the tex tech/old miss game. finally score was 49-45. the lead changed hands something like 8 times. thats crazy!

markjs

Banned
Personally I couldn't care less about college football....Its the un-official unpaid minor league of football. I care nothing for it except come draft day.

AnomalousEntity

And as of today, the Carolina Panthers are still undefeated.

So what, its only 3 games played.

So what, they havent played anyone yet except Tampa Bay and that was a fluke win.

Well maybe so...but Im still happy about it!!

I think they are a play off contender unless they get slammed with injures..specifically Delhomme or Davis.

tonksy

markjs said:
Personally I couldn't care less about college football....Its the un-official unpaid minor league of football. I care nothing for it except come draft day.
it seems to me that sometimes college football is more exciting. they play harder. it's not unusual to see very high scoring coolege ballgames. i know that may denote weaker defense, but i enjoy watching them run with the ball. that's what it's all about. although, primarily i am a nfl fan, i love me some tiger football, and this year the tigers are on fire!

tonksy

PuterTutor said:
Chiefs are undefeated as well. :headbang:
next weeks game will be interesting. chiefs/bengals- both 4-0. i think i'll put my money, uh figuratively, on the chiefs.