Why drilling won't help with the oil crisis

jimpeel

For the record, Oil contains very little dinosaur. It's actually made (for the most part) from decomposing plant matter. By rights, it should be called Fern fuel.

Coal is from plant matter. Diatoms are the main source of oil.

jimpeel

All the more reason to get off the teat when you can.

And your suggested replacement for petroleum which can afford all of the advantages of petroleum would be ...

Do you realize that it takes many different forms of suggested alternatives to replace the singular petroleum?

jimpeel

That would be the United States Armed Forces.

I stated that we should unleash "Big Oil" to do what is necessary to get us out of this mess and it immediately got morphed into the United States Military.

The two are not similar.

The two are not related.

The two are not synonymous.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I stated that we should unleash "Big Oil" to do what is necessary to get us out of this mess and it immediately got morphed into the United States Military.

The two are not similar.

The two are not related.

where have you been living since the ealry 90's?

MrBishop

The two are not similar.

The two are not related.

You gave "Big Oil" a whole lot of credit, where it wasn't due.

Big oil" is the engine which drives this nation and this nation's economy.

"Big oil" won WWII.

jimpeel

You gave "Big Oil" a whole lot of credit, where it wasn't due.

Big oil" is the engine which drives this nation and this nation's economy.

"Big oil" won WWII.

Shut down "Big oil" and the nation grinds to a halt. The trains don't run, on time or otherwise. The trucks don't roll. The goods don't get delivered. The lights dim and go out. The streets don't get paved. Your favorite CDs don't get produced. Plastic production stops. Some drugs are made from petroleum.

"Big oil" ran the ships that carried the goods to Europe and the Pacific theaters. They ran the tanks and aircraft. They ran the factories which produced the ammunition, steel, rubber, brass, rifles, cannon, explosives, and other materiel which was used to win the war. Without "Big oil" the war would have ben lost.

Why do you think the Japanese started WWII in the first place?

MrBishop

psst...the PEOPLE did all those things..oil was just the fuel they burned to do so. BIG OIL was the companies that made the BIG BUCKS off of the sale of oil.

As for Japan. They'd been in a war with China. The USA decided to pick China over Japan and created an embargo on steel, oil and other commodities..followed by some rapid expansionism close to and around Japan.

The economic embargo started the war. Oil was a major factor, but hardly the only one.

Professur

I thought it was the germans that started it half a decade before Pearl. Foolish me.

Big oil doesn't run the world. Money does. Big oil has the money.

jimpeel

psst...the PEOPLE did all those things..oil was just the fuel they burned to do so. BIG OIL was the companies that made the BIG BUCKS off of the sale of oil.

As for Japan. They'd been in a war with China. The USA decided to pick China over Japan and created an embargo on steel, oil and other commodities..followed by some rapid expansionism close to and around Japan.

The economic embargo started the war. Oil was a major factor, but hardly the only one.

As Churchill said "Give us the tools and we'll finish the job." "Big oil" was the tool the people used to finish the job. They couldn't have done so without it.

I never said oil was the only one. The embargo against Japan is the only "sanctions" that have ever worked. In fact, they worked so well that Japan loaded the last of their petroleum into their ships and planes and struck out for Hawaii.

jimpeel

you know who else was worried about trains running on time.

If you are going to quote me please do so correctly. What I said was "The trains don't run, on time or otherwise."

I said that on purpose; and you seem to have gotten it. The current drive toward American Fascism worries me. The government should not be telling business what to do and they especially should not be owning businesses.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
If you are going to quote me please do so correctly. What I said was "The trains don't run, on time or otherwise."

I said that on purpose; and you seem to have gotten it. The current drive toward American Fascism worries me. The government should not be telling business what to do and they especially should not be owning businesses.

holy crap, I agree with you, I need a shower.

MrBishop

As Churchill said "Give us the tools and we'll finish the job." "Big oil" was the tool the people used to finish the job. They couldn't have done so without it.

I never said oil was the only one.
The embargo against Japan is the only "sanctions" that have ever worked. In fact, they worked so well that Japan loaded the last of their petroleum into their ships and planes and struck out for Hawaii.
Dude...you said that Big Oil won WWII