101 Things You Didn't Know About Me™

rrfield

1. I am 23 years old.
2. I love my girlfriend more then I could have ever imagined.
3. I love the Minnesota Vikings
4. My 6th brother is due in November. It's a fact that he's the Seventh Son.
5. I think Kurt Vonnegut is one of, if not the, best fiction writters of the 20th century.
6. I am not one of the best fiction writters of the 20th century.
7. I graduated from Indiana University in December of 2002 with a degree in telecommunications.
8. I consider myself very lucky to have found a network engineering/administration job in this economy, straight out of college. VERY lucky.
9. I'm a pretty laid back guy.
10. I got my CCNA and CCDA not too long ago. First steps towards IT certification hell.
11. Thought the certification tests were pretty easy compared to college exams and papers.
12. I don't hate Microsoft.
13. I do hate the Green Bay Packers.
14. I am working, as I type this.
15. I like my job.
16. I'm not really slacking either, I started a process that is going to take a while. I could do something else, or I could "test the wireless network" :)
17. I have a kick ass video game setup. 5 TV's, 6 systems, almost fully switchable.
18. I'm a Nintendo loyalist.
19. In my opinion, Mario Kart for SNES is the best game ever. Period.
20. I never got into RPG's.
21. Same goes for first person shooters.
22. I do love hockey games and side scrollers though. Some racing games too.
23. I'm not a gear head by any means, but I can do very basic things to my car, like change the starter or blower motor.
24. MP3's bother me, not because of the copyright stuff, but because they sound like crap.
25. The White Stripes are my favorite band that's still together.
26. White it's not original, the Beatles are my favorite band ever.
27. I have no pets, but I do have 2 roommates.
28. I am a co-comish of a fantasy football league.
29. I play in 2 leagues total.
30. I'm moving in 2 weeks to a bigger house with different roommates.
31. One of my roommates is going to be my girlfriends brother.
32. My roommates brother is a big guy. 6'6", 310 lbs. I better look out huh? :)
33. I saw Phish on New Years Eve 1999 / New Years Day 2000 in the Everglades.
34. I don't really like Phish anymore.
35. Hippies suck, that's why.
36. And the music is kinda boring.
37. My favorite TV show is the Simpsons. Again, not very original, but the show kicks ass.
38. I have never owned a car that is newer than 13 years old.
39. I need to get in shape.
40. I probably won't.
41. If I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat, just me upon my pony on my boat.
42. Never shot a man in Reno just to watch him die, but I did soak fury's old cat with a super soaker just to watch it run. Cruel? Maybe.
43. Voted libertarian.
44. I have opinions, but I don't take them seriously.
45. I stopped spending a lot of money on my home PC when I realized I don't do much with it besides check e-mail and go on the internet.
46. I do have a pretty kick ass laptop for work though.
47. I went to Purdue for 1 semester.
48. I payed my way though college, so I left Purdue after 1 semester. College is expensive.
49. My parents live in Bloomington, Indiana, which is where IU is. College is a lot less expensive when you dont have to pay room and board.
50. Having said that, I only spent 1 semester living at home, rent free.
51. Having hundreds of little kids around isn't much fun when you are in college.
52. I play the banjo, kinda.
53. My bedroom is a mess.
54. So is my office.
55. My mommy still buys my clothes.
56. I love my family.
57. Every sunday night, I get together with friends to watch the Sopranos.
58. My girlfriend wants to be a mob wife, but unless a there is a Polish mafia in Indiana, she maybe SOL.
59. Yeah, I'm Polish. I've heard all the jokes before :) I'm also Lithuanian, Czech and Welch.
60. I think Drew Berrymore is the hottest woman in Hollywood.
61. Also, that Letterman is funnier than Leno.
62. But Conan is funnier then either.
63. Yesterday I bought my girlfriend flowers for no reason.
64. Raised Catholic (see #4).
65. Went to a Halloween party on saturday. Seriously.
66. I puked, then passed out, because of a drink called Pink Panty Pulldown.
67. I was Mario.
68. The dog ate my vomit.
69. I was born in Arizona.
70. Spent most of my childhood in Wisconsin.
71. The setting for puberty and beyond was and is Indiana.
72. I try to stay away from building PCs for people. Too many headaches. I stick with family and girlfriends family, which is more than enough to tell me it's not worth the headaches.
73. I will network a house for money, though.
74. One day I'm going to buy the Minnesota Vikings. So far I have saved $3,000.
75. I played rugby in high school.
76. I have only had 4 jobs in my life, which compared to most kids who work in high school and college is pretty low...Steak n Shake, movie theater, PC Tech, Network engineer/administrator.
77. I was the first person I knew to beat Super Mario Brothers for NES.
78. My car has a Big Bass Subwoofer.
79. I pulled a shoulder muscle throwing up at the halloween party.
80. People in marketing are clueless when it comes to computers. Absolutly clueless.
81. I don't own a cell phone and have no desire to own one.
82. I don't swear much, unless I'm driving.
83. I also pick my nose when I drive.
84. I saw a monkey give another monkey a handjob at the zoo once.
85. I don't like soda much.
86. Wearing a long sleeved shirt. The office is damn cold.
87. Not a morning person. Getting to work by 7:45 is a struggle.
88. Never been arrested. Should have been arrested a few times.
89. Used to live in a house full of hippies.
90. Youngest person at work. It's hard to relate to some of my co-workers, but I get by.
91. I own a 35mm camera. I love black and white film.
92. Space Ghost is my personal hero.
93. I would consider myself a conservative rather than a liberal, but I REALLY want Bush to lose in 2004. I'd take Howard Dean over Bush at this point, in a heart beat.
94. Oh yeah, and I do vote.
95. I remember where I was when Mark McGwire hit his 63rd homerun - In my dorm room at Purdue, yelling at my roomamte because he was trying to turn the TV off despite that homerun being (to that point) the defining moment of my generation (obviously that has taken a back seat to Sept. 11).
96. I wish we could not worry about whos fucking who, worshiping what, and just live and let live.
97. Going to 3 Minnesota Vikings games this year, one in Minnesota (vs. 49ers), one in St. Louis, one in Chicago.
98. Like to play Disc Golf. Recently lost my favorite disc in the woods :(
99. Never have used Frontpage or Dreamwaver or any WYSIWYG editor when making a website. Only notepad.
100. Couldn't program my way out of a wet paperbag.
101. My 4 and 2 year old brothers are the cutest kids on earth.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
1. I can't believe i'm doing this
2. I have so much spare time by now
3. I'm looking for a job, 'cause having no money sucks
4. I'm using a borrowed 17" monitor, 'cause mine died (in warranty and they are waiting for another flyback)
5. I lived for 4 years in Mexico City, moved to Morelia and never moved ever since.
6. OTC is the site i visit the most.
7. I hate and love my country.
8. Currently listening to Rammstein
9. It's been a while since i started writing this and i'm on the 9th :(
10. I never failed a course in my career.
11. However, i used to fail a lot in highschool, i used to buy 8 extraordinary and 3 additional exams per semester :D
12. I don't smoke, but i used to: 3 packs per day by the time i quit.
13. When i was a kid, i had a terrible mood, so easy to get mad.
14. I don't like to drink much now.
15. I have no kids, but i'd like to have 2 when i'm older.
16. I'm atheist but i have some "weird" beliefs.
17. From Europe, the countries i'd like to visit the most are Italy and France.
18. I can't stand people with bad ortography (in spanish), and even worse if they have a professional degree.
19. I don't speed, the higher i go is 130-140km/h and that depends on the road, i usually travel at 100km/h
20. I'm all honesty, if you don't want to know then don't ask.
21. If i could have a 2Mbps internet connection i'd be happier :D, thou i have nothing to download these days.
22. It's 10:45am and i haven't eaten breakfast yet.
23. I'm wondering how many spelling/grammar mistakes i've made by now.
24. i've made??
25. I'm 23, and i was born on Feb 15th, 1980
26. My girl is a year and a few days older than me.
27. I only know a few street names, but i have a complete map of my city in my head, even with street directions, stores, illegal alcohol shopping, etc, etc.
28. The classes i hated the most in secondary was History and Civism, now i love History and still hate civism :D
29. I never got suspended.
30. Fights?, only done that like 2 times (and i kicked their asses), i'm not a violent guy.
31. I used to be an alcoholic, when i realized my problem, i controlled it without any sort of help.
32. Sometimes i still fear the dark.
33. I really like the movie The Rock, and i don't have it on DVD.
34. Soon i'll start learning french, and then i'm planning to learn german.
35. The first computer i ever touched was a commodore 16, you had to enter the code for it in Basic.
36. I hate IE.
37. I'd feel uncomfortable using an AMD cpu.
38. My favourite sculpture is La Pieta.
39. I think the best current of art is realism or hyper-realism.
40. Of all the fine arts the one that doesn't inspire me is dance.
41. If there's one thing i hate is hipocresy.
42. I really like clear blue skies, but i can't stand too much light.
43. I don't have any sunglasses, and i know i should get ones.
44. I have miopia (??), but i neve wear my glasses unless i'm driving or watching a movie in a theatre.
45. My nails and hair grow very fast.
46. My skin colour could be clasified as "very white", but i can easily get a nice tanning if i can stand being a lobster for a few days/weeks.
47. I usually get sick once per year, and never on winter, it's usually when spring starts.
48. I've only had one surgery, and it was a fairly simple one, (varicous?? veins).
49. i feel really sick when they take blood out of me.
50. It's 11:42am, i'm taking so long to write this and i still haven't eaten breakfast. *starving*
51. Will write the other 50 after i eat something.

Mirlyn

whee!

1.I am 21.
2.I have a 15 year old younger brother.
3.He is neat.
4.I've never been hit by a car, nor have I hit anything while driving a car aside from some bugs.
5.I'm on diversion for my second speeding ticket
6.First one was bullshit, second one I deserve
7.First one was 39 in a school zone. Second one was 59 in a 40.
8.I was doing the speed limit in the first one. But when I was in the middle of the zone, the lights came on and the cop clocked me just as I left the zone. No way to prove myself, no witnesses, and the cop saw me and the lights on. By technicality, I was speeding....I guess.
9.When caught speeding, there has been nobody else around. Anywhere. Except for the cop.
10.When I was in 2nd grade, my best friend and I loved how dirt clods exploded when you threw them down on the pavement. We were called into the principal's office because the guy across the street from the school thought we were trying to hit his car.
11.I was held up with a knife while walking down the halls of my 6th grade school. Administrators knew who it was, but refused to do anything about it. He tortured me throughout my year at the school. Teachers would literally look the other way when he hit me, but I would get in deep shit whenever I tried to hit back.
12.I dislike authority. Imagine that.
13.I'm not an asshole to authoritative figures (like cops). Unles they are deserving of it.
14.I don’t like to get drunk, but I like to drink.
15.I drive at least 50 miles a day around the city.
16.I’m not confrontational.
17.I’m shy. Too shy according to my friends.
18.I’m very quiet and usually keep to myself.
19.Never had a girlfriend, but one girl who came the closest committed suicide.
20.I’m not currently looking, but would love a relationship right about now.
21.I'm amuse myself.
22.I enjoy time by myself more than anything.
23.I am addicted to music.
24.There is very few musical genres I do not like.
25.I’ve been to two concerts. Both had Collective Soul in them.
26.Linkin Park is here in concert tonight. My brother won’t go with me.
27.I have two “best friends.” The rest have offended me through mistrust.
28.Most of my other friends are family members of my best friends. Very close knit.
29.One of my former friends told me that he liked lying to people to see if they could keep a secret. He acted like it was normal.
30.I despise him now that I found out half the stuff I knew about him was a lie to see how I reacted to it.
31.He's a sick lazy fuck and I hope he reads this.
32.My biggest pet peeve is hypocracy.
33.I am very big on privacy.
34.I’m not a member of a political party.
35.I’m not very politically oriented, but do have opinions on social topics.
36. I read the news online, listen to the news on the radio, and read the paper every day.
37.Favorite color is blue, followed closely by grey and green
38.I have a cell phone, but hardly use it when at home because my signal is getting worse and worse.
39.I work for a company that charges $60/hr for computer diagnosis. I charge $75/hr for my own services.
40.I find people think $60/hr is expensive for the company, but everyone I’ve worked for has deemed $75/hr to be fair.
41.I work retail, but hate sales.
42.I work for a university and am constantly amused at the idiosyncrasies
43.They just put mahogany lockers in the new sports complex.
44.They got a bunch of shit for paying $14k for a company in New York to design a new logo for the sports team.
45.After being accused of ignoring local graphic artists as well as the colleges’ own graphic school, the athletic department decided to ditch the logo.
46.The $14k was still paid.
47.I like Mexican food and hot things.
48.I do most of my own labor on my own cars, computers, and home.
49.Electrical work doesn’t scare me.
50.I have trouble doing tedious jobs for any length of time, but I do have an attention to detail.
51.My room is a mess to others.
52.I’ve never had a tan other than just short of being a lobster (go redheads!)
53.I didn’t have a job through High School.
54.My first job was at a scout camp after I graduated. Assistant Tech Director.
55.It was six-weeks of pure vacation.
56.I had so much fun, despite the 100+F heat.
57.Heat no longer bothers me. Cold bugs me like none other.
58.I only use an A/C at home. My car A/C has been used for the first time this weekend since I bought it. Only because I had the windows retinted and couldn’t roll them down.
59.I have my windows down all the time, unless its raining or snowing.
60.My truck’s A/C is broken, and the windows don’t roll down, but I still drive it.
61.I work on average 40 hours a week over the summer, and 55 during the semester (not including school).
62.I rarely get upset or offended or nervous. Most people find this odd.
63.I love being outdoors. Hiking, fishing, camping, anything.
64.I enjoy peace and quiet outdoors, but when I’m at home, I do like my music loud :D
65.Farthest I’ve traveled was Edmonton, Alberta.
66.I’ve only flown to Florida and Arizona.
67.I’m not afraid of public speaking.
68.I was in debate for four years, congress for two, and forensics for one.
69.I loved debate. Met a lot of people through it. Never was really good though.
70.Congress was fun too. Like debate, there was lots of hot girls all dressed up.
71. I did domestic extemporaneous speaking in forensics. Otherwise known as DX. Easy stuff, but only did it my senior year. Should have gotten into it earlier.
72.I did Space Settlement Design in High School too (2000). We won the national competition.
73. After the national competition of designing a settlement for orbiting the earth, we went to the international competition in NASA facilities in Florida. We had access to the data they had, as well as personal interviews/brainstorming with NASA engineers. It was out of this world. (ha!)
74.Teamed up with another group from Durango, CO, we won the international competition
75.My brother keeps sending me links to pictures of cars.
76.I think he wants me to buy new wheels.
77.I think she should pay for them.
78.I don’t really have a dream job. I just want to do something that is not repetitive and is fun.
79.I am going to school for Management Information Systems.
80.I would do Computer Science, but I got a D in calculus and would need at least Calc II to continue in CS.
81.I work in the CS department and know more about computers and networking than 80% of the students.
82.Our GTAs keep accidentally unplugging the hubs in their offices and then complain because their computer isn’t working right.
83.I keep thinking I should switch or move on to Electical Engineering.
84.I like physical stuff more than mental stuff. Programming is kinda fun, but I like getting my hands dirty. I’d much rather design and implement networks and computer systems for a living.
85.I’ve built countless computers for friends. I don’t charge them anything but what the parts cost.
86.I designed and built my own watercooling system. It’s been running leak-free for two years now. I used scrap aluminum to machine a waterblock.
87.I am a big scanner enthusiast. I own four scanners. Two are on my desk in front of me, and two are in the car. One of those is a portable one for work. The other I built into the dash.
88.I went wardriving last night.
89.I change my own oil.
90.I would like to rebuild an engine.
91.I have three toolboxes, each with something different in it. One has screwdrivers and wrenches, one is electrical equipment and wiring supplies, the other is a Dremel and cutting tools.
92.The more I work on customizing my car, the more I consider going into auto detail/customization.
93.I don’t consider something work unless it is tedious and repetitive. I like having to do something different, or to have to think about how to go about solving problems when installing something. IE, where/how to run wire, where things look the best, etc. For example, I just put underbody neons on the car and am getting ready to interface them with the alarm system so I can turn them on remotely.
94.Writing this isn’t really that hard, just time consuming.
95.I’m not originally from Kansas.
96.I fell down the stairs several times when I was a kit. No comments from the peanut gallery. :retard:
97.I had a ear infection shortly after birth, followed by a blood infection. I was in the hospital for months.
98.I don't take any kind of drugs...not even painkillers. I have environmental allergies, but they don’t keep me from enjoying the outdoors.
99.I’m considering selling a lot of my old stuff on eBay to get rid of it.
100. my bed is queen size and I sleep with two pillows.
101. I have to go to work soon. :D

PrincessLissa

greenfreak said:
My boyfriend and his family came here from Russia 25 years ago. Do you hate them too? ;)

Can I ask why you hate Russians?

I don't like them because they come to America trying to flee from thier communist bullshit and once they get here all they do is bitch about how fat dumb and lazy Americans are. Then they have the nerve to bitch about how crappy our goevernment and democracy is. Well then , dammit, go back to Russia!

greenfreak

Thanks for being honest.

I probably know (and love, incidentally) more Russians personally than you've ever met in your life and have never heard anything of the sort from their mouths but I guess you're entitled to judge -and hate- an entire country full of people based on what's probably a very limited amount of experience.

Hey, that's cool. I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised that you would say such things, knowing how much I love and talk about my boyfriend all the time. I guess I shouldn't have been. I don't think I've ever said an unkind word to you about you, your daughter, your mother or anyone you love but you're entitled to your bigoted opinion. Cheers.

PrincessLissa

There is no reference to anyone you love. From what i have read and hear Rusty seems like a great guy and a great person. There are exceptions to every rule. It is simply a generalization of the many russinas i have met. My father is now apart of the Colorado Russian community so I have acctually met quite a few. The russians I have met that are nice are way too nice and annoy me with thier fakeness and stuff.

greenfreak

Wouldn't you know I got bad karma for that post:

reputationneg.gif
101 Things You Didn't K...7/31/03 02:03amStuff like this really degrades the boards.

Gee that's surprising. NOT. Lissa, did you get bad karma for your post too? Probably not, right? That would figure. I'm defending a race of people and *I'M* degrading the board. Yea. Ok.

Lissa, thanks for that explination. Just as you feel that they judge Americans wrongly based on limited experiences, aren't you doing the same thing? They just can't win-they're either insulting you or being too nice to you. Have you considered that it's not them but your own perception of them that's skewed? It took me a long time to understand and accept the cultural differences with his family but I can compromise in my judgement of that. Just because they're in America doesn't mean they have to conform to the American way or automatically agree with everything our government does or change thier personalities to suit us. Don't get me wrong, my bf and his family and friends aren't perfect but there's something to be said for being accepting of other people who are different from you or who have beliefs or personalities that may not be to your liking.

Anyway, thanks again for explaining, really. You could have easily blown this off but you didn't. :bgtup:

Raven

Annoying SOB
PrincessLissa said:
There is no reference to anyone you love. From what i have read and hear Rusty seems like a great guy and a great person. There are exceptions to every rule. It is simply a generalization of the many russinas i have met. My father is now apart of the Colorado Russian community so I have acctually met quite a few. The russians I have met that are nice are way too nice and annoy me with thier fakeness and stuff.
PrincessLissa said:
The russians I have met that are nice are way too nice and annoy me with thier fakeness and stuff

No thats just the way people are in Europe. We arent as damned insular as a lot of americans are and we're more open with our neighbours like that. hmph.

Luis G

Staff member
PrincessLissa said:
I don't like them because they come to America trying to flee from thier communist bullshit and once they get here all they do is bitch about how fat dumb and lazy Americans are. Then they have the nerve to bitch about how crappy our goevernment and democracy is. Well then , dammit, go back to Russia!

And what would happen if an american bitched about the same things?, go back to the US?

No pun intended, but i think everyone is entitled to an opinion and have the right to express it, isn't that what the civilized world promotes?

Raven

Annoying SOB
no Luis you're wrong there....Americans (well most of them this board is not included in that number) dont bitch about anything remember....oh only other countries business and stuff their the worlds police dontcha know

Luis G

Staff member
the other 50

52. Beer, gimme a Carta Blanca, Indio or Victoria.
53. Carta Blanca is not available in my city.
54. Spanish Brandy, yummy.
55. is Frank Sinatra great or what?
56. i just got a job offer, not so great but it might suit me while i get my title and find a better one.
57. The job is Linux related :headbang:
58. I used to hate HP printers, now i own one.
59. My favourite nintendo game was Zelda *sigh*
60. Followed by Contra.
61. I had an Atari 2600, lol.
62. The Datsun '74 i drive was bought by my father, and it never had another owner.
63. Legally, my dad is still the owner.
64. My father died in November 6th 1999, gastric cancer.
65. Yes, we are lazy and haven't fixed the legal state of his properties (he left no testament).
66. I've never been on a plane.
67. Nor on a ship, thou i've been on a boat.
68. I can't swim properly, never learned.
69. I'd never buy a motorcycle, i had enough of that when i was younger.
70. I still plan to study the Physic Mathematician career (5 years long) sometime in the future.
71. I'm in the process of reading 4 books, thou i haven't been in the mood for reading.
72. I have a score of 1476 in the game Snake (1) of my nokia cellphone, beat that :D
73. The longest relationship i had before my girl was 2 months long.
74. Shortest was 1 day, lol.
75. We are almost on 3 months and everything is smooth.
76. I would easily say 500 things about me IRL, but i can't find what to write here.
77. I'm good at writing stories or at least good to be just a novice there.
78. I'm good at improvising satire and jokes for situations that happens in the moment.
79. My personality has something that makes people like me or hate me, apparently there can be no indiference towards me once they get to know me.
80. I wish i had a vacations house in the beach.
81. In fact, i wish i had a house anywhere, knowing that it is mine would make me feel better.
82. I have an obsession for smelling good
83. I have a very sensitive sense of smell and a very good memory for smells. Change the soap, shampoo, lotion, laundry detergent, etc you use and i will notice it.
84. Guns are evil and should be sold (and used) only to the military, police forces or any other organism of protection.
85. Abortion: should be allowed in the first 2 months.
86. Euthanasia: agree with the idea.
87. Drugs should be legal, but doing it in public should be forbiden.
88. Unfortunately, war is good for technological developments :(
89. Death penalty: ban it.
90. (enough of the opinionated mini-section). I have 4 dictionaries in my desktop: 2 english-spanish, 1 english, 1 spanish.
91. Farest i've traveled is to Monterrey (kinda near the Mexico-US border)
92. A city where i'd like to live: Vancouver, i've heard some wonderful things about it. 2nd place would be Vienna or Prague.
93. I don't like argentinians, especially if they come from Buenos Aires.
94. Being on time is important for me, if you arrive late then i'll assume you have no interest in me (at any level).
95. I drink a lot of water, like 4-5 liters a day, i'd choose water over sodas anyday.
96. Coffee?, no thanks, caffeine is really REALLY bad for my mood. I used to drink a lot of coffee daily, over 10 cups, no sugar, not hot-not cold, and extra strong.
97. I have never tried any kind of drug, not even marihuana.
98. I wish i could finish this now, but there are 3 more to go.
99. Last month was the first time i ever managed my bank account through the internet.
100. Yesterday i saw Terminator 3, and i really liked it.
101. my girl is HOT :D

PrincessLissa

Directed towards the neg Karma giver

greenfreak said:
Wouldn't you know I got bad karma for that post:

reputationneg.gif
101 Things You Didn't K...7/31/03 02:03amStuff like this really degrades the boards.

Gee that's surprising. NOT. Lissa, did you get bad karma for your post too? Probably not, right? That would figure. I'm defending a race of people and *I'M* degrading the board. Yea. Ok.

Lissa, thanks for that explination. Just as you feel that they judge Americans wrongly based on limited experiences, aren't you doing the same thing? They just can't win-they're either insulting you or being too nice to you. Have you considered that it's not them but your own perception of them that's skewed? It took me a long time to understand and accept the cultural differences with his family but I can compromise in my judgement of that. Just because they're in America doesn't mean they have to conform to the American way or automatically agree with everything our government does or change thier personalities to suit us. Don't get me wrong, my bf and his family and friends aren't perfect but there's something to be said for being accepting of other people who are different from you or who have beliefs or personalities that may not be to your liking.

Anyway, thanks again for explaining, really. You could have easily blown this off but you didn't. :bgtup:

Ya I got bad karma too. Someone got thier panties in a bunch cuz I had an opinion about something.

I am fully willing to admit that it is my perception of the russian community. My perception is from my expierence and there has not been any expierence to change it. I have met the extreme Russian population I spose. Here in CO, there is acctualy a group of Russians that get together and have special schools for thier children and such. This is all fine as a child needs to know where they came from and learn thier heritage. But they also have meetings where they sit around and complain about the US and how things were rough but simpiler in thier government and such. They outright HATE Americans.

Anyway, back to my perception. I do not hate any one person any more or less if they are Russian or not. One must take a look into my past and my expierence before deciding to click a little negetive karma on me. When a young girl is raped by a man, she will always have a distrust towards men. This may seem extreme, but it is the same principal. A person who grows up without a family life will never understand and always have some form of jealousy or hatred towards the Beaver Families out there. The things that this group has done to screw me has given me a bad perception about them. This does not mean that my generalization affects anyone person or the way I think about them.

Another point brought up...If someone living in, let's say Iraq, has been screwed over by an American or a group of Americans to a large degree, in my opinion they have every right to make joking generalizations about Americans. WHo knows, maybe this group of Russians is in my shoes. I just don't care to find out. The people that have hurt me and my family and continue to do so have given russians a bad name to me that will forever leave a bad taste in my mouth and a generalization in my head.

Did I ever once ask anyone to hate Russians? Did I ever say a bad thing about GF's man? No I didn't. So jump down my throat or whatever (not you GF) but at least try not to be so hypocritical when you do it. I am sure that many of you have said jokingly, I hate men or I hate women or something to that degree. So please, I am not preaching to you, I am not hating anyone for any comments made or opinions expressed, the least you could do, is let me have my issues and not stay off my back.

***Sorry about this long rant or whatever. I am just a little shocked at the uptighted-ness and the incredible willingness to jump down my throat. Maybe I should have given more of an explination of my deepest darkest secrets to a bunch of internet buddies and stangers before I posted that. It is an opinon. Although I must give GF snaps for wanting to discuss something rationaly and like an adult. Thank you.

IDLEchild

Re: 101 Things You Didn't Know About Me?

greenfreak said:
Thanks for being honest.

Hey, that's cool.

I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised that you would say such things, knowing how much I love and talk about my boyfriend all the time. I guess I shouldn't have been. I don't think I've ever said an unkind word to you about you, your daughter, your mother or anyone you love but you're entitled to your bigoted opinion. Cheers.

Hmmmm...geez GF she only stated her stand on the issue...this is a public board...a opinion is just a opinion......

And yes even i would admit that Russians are proud people and can get to you with their love for their country. I Know quite a few Russians and they all are very judgemental of the Americans and awefully proud of their nation....PrincessLisa just had the same experiences but the difference is i don't despise them in any means. They are proud but talented people...

If it helps all the Russians i know are teenagers so it maybe primarily in the young. blood

greenfreak

Thanks again for explaining.

I'm not going to do the dissection thing, my last comments on this... When you say you hate all Russians, and my boyfriend and his family are Russians, and you say that after I've reiterated that, I see them as being included in your negative feelings. I understand what you're saying but that generalization applied to everyone of Russian descent-including my loved ones. That's why I took it personally.

Hopefully you meet some Russians like I know one day that change your mind. They're not all like that and the fact that we have such different experiences makes me think that they're somewhere in the middle--not all good and not all bad. Like any one of us.

a13antichrist

Re: 101 Things You Didn't Know About Me™

Went to visit my Russian (ok, Ukrainian) "friend" in the states a few months back, her flatmate (also Russian) asked me what I thought about the US so that she could DEFEND it when I said I didn't like it (as she knew I would).

I know one other Russian person - my dad's Internet-order bride. If it was her that Lissa met I could understand why she hates all Russians indiscriminantly..

PrincessLissa

Re: 101 Things You Didn't Know About Me™

My dad kinda has one of those. She is the rason we know about this little group.

StuTheWise

Ah heck... it's late, but I'll get in as many as I can..

1. Like Toolbox, I love mortorcycling, but haven't ridden in nearly 8 years.

2. Toolbox told me that he was once a mobster (hope you don't mind me telling).

3. Years ago, I wanted to be a mobster.

4. Toolbox registered at HWC on my birthday.

5. About three years ago, I stole a graphic of a red arrow off of Toolbox's website. I still use it on my commercial website to this day!

6. I've been married for a little over 7 years.

7. I have a daughter and two sons.

8. All fathers know, a father's love is boundless and I would die for any of my kids.

9. My daughter starts first grade this year.

10. I've only been with one woman my entire life... my wife.

11. I'm Mormon.

12. Being a Mormon, I sure wish they'd bring back polygamy!

13. I'm half Filipino.

14. I speak almost no Filipino (terrible, I know).

15. I've held my breath for over two and a half minutes, but now can only go about a minute and a half.

16. My right arm is paralyzed, the result of a motorcycle accident nearly 8 years ago.

17. I type over 50 wpm on a standard QWERTY keyboard.

18. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Pierre Omidyar and Meg Whitman (eBay founder and CEO respectively) a couple years ago.

19. I worked for and was fired by Microsoft.

20. Later, I worked for and was fired by eBay.

21. I've been "fired" by the United States Marine Corps.

22. At my current job, I make less than 25% of my former income at eBay.

23. Thanks to the Internet, my one millionth crazy business idea is experiencing minor success. Hopefully I don't fire myself!

24. After my motorcycle accident, I had to give up my beloved rifles and shotguns. Now, I own two pistols: a 9mm and a .22 target pistol.

25. Since Toolbox trademarks everything he posts, I'm always worried that he'll someday sue me for trademark infringement.

26. If you're reading this, I'll be very surprised.

27. Haven't you got anything better to do?

28. Yeah, me neither.

29. I shaved my head to resemble a military cut because I got tired of my hair always messing up when I rode my motorcycle.

30. Now that I no longer ride, I keep my head shaved for ease of maintenance, and it dries fast after getting out of the shower.

31. The only thing I was ever really good at was martial arts. But I gave it up after my motorcycle accident.

32. My son looks more Filipino than I do!

33. My younger brother has really dark skin, and when people find out he's my brother, they always assume he's adopted.

34. I could probably join a white supremesist group and they'd be none the wiser.

35. My richest friend is a multimillionaire.

36. He lives in a little apartment.

37. He drives an old beat up Toyota Celica.

38. Even though he never has to work again, he started a business that will probably never go anywhere, but he works on it constantly and never has any time for himself.

39. I've long suspected that his workaholism stems from his tour as a US Marine in Vietnam.

40. During the 13th, and last, month of his tour, his unit was ambushed and he is the only one that survived.

41. Had he joined the Army instead of the Marines, he would have completed his tour and gone home after 12 months.

42. He has often been mistaken for actor Gary Busey.

43. I'm trying hard to become a millionaire before I turn 30 next year.

44. I used to drink, but recently I had too much. Between barfing fits, I swore I would never drink again.

45. Unfortunately, my wife heard me swear off drinking, and is holding me to the promise I made in a drunken stupor.

46. If I had just one wish, it would be to have the limitless powers of a god.

47. In high school, I was a radio DJ for an alternative music station.

48. One of my dreams is to write a movie script, help direct and produce the movie, then see it on the big screen.

49. I have been on TV at least twice.

50. I worked with a guy that was an extra in the movie Independence Day (ID4).

51. My friend's older brother was an extra in the movie Rocky IV.

52. He was a Mormon Missionary, just visiting the set to see what was going on. They just happened to need a couple of extra guys in suits that day, and so they grabbed him since he was wearing his mission suit.

53. Are you still reading this?!

54. The day of my motorcycle accident, I was leaving the martial arts dojo where I just had a one-on-one lesson with my instructor. As I was leaving, I talked with another student who was stretching her toes (she had broken them earlier, and needed to stretch them so they wouldn't get all stiff on her). I said to her, "I'm pretty lucky. I've never broken a bone or had a major injury in my life." On my way home from the dojo, I wrecked my bike.

55. The irony of it all, eh?

56. You don't really want to know 45 more things about me do you?