• Dem Option 2-(D) House, (R) Senate

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Dem Victory-(D) House, (D) Senate

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chcr

Too cute for words
Here in the swamp, most of us have a modicum of faith. Faith of the sort that not all democrats equal bad and not all republicans equal blue skies, apple pie and prosperity. Or vice versa.

Bite your tongue. Around here saying stuff like that is tantamount to high treason. No matter how true it is. ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
People need to want to work together for a better future for this nation,

So long as the (D) plan is put into play. Let the (R) side have a plan & we get constant bashing.

I'm not jumping on the newly elected. I'm quoting what the old guard (you know, the ones with the power) have said, repeatedly. Fo rmore than 3 elections now.

3 1/2 years? Go back & see how long we were in Japan & Germany.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gonz supports Gun reform laws shock? :D :eek5:

Nuh-ugh. I just said the Dems are bad shots.

the confused but hopeful one said:
Yes, the same people who called Bush a liar and a cheat are now saying they want to work together on some issues

Nancy Pelosi wants total party discipline," a source in the Democratic Party leadership said. "If you played ball with the Republicans during this session, then you're not going to be given an important chair in the next session."

Insight

Pogo

So long as the (D) plan is put into play.

Agreed.

Let the (R) side have a plan & we get constant bashing.

Tell me again, what was the republican plan ???

I'm not jumping on the newly elected.

Of course you are. No matter what you might want others to think, you are trying to cover your ass.

Number one, we never started either of those wars.
Secondly, from the time war was declared until Japan surrendered, three years and eight months. Germany, three years and six months. After three years and six months our troops are still fighting the war in Iraq with no end in sight.

The republicans deserve scathing bashing. President Bush calling out Robert Gates is designed to pull "W"'s feet away from the fire.

I'll be the first to give the republicans and /or democrats credit when they do things right but this invasion was not right at the time and is not right today. Hopefully (said the swamp dwelling possum in manner of Pollyanna) the republicans will get their house in order and a plan to deal with Iraq.

No need for immediate bashing of the democrats. The recently elected newbies haven't used the urinals yet. Give them a chance to pee on thier shoes before wondering how the republicans will clean up the mess. If there is one.

Gotta run. 'Tis time to go skulking through the swamp in search of some vittles. I do have one proposal for the newly elected democrats. Perhaps they could pass legislation to lower the speed limit. It is tough trying to get across any road these days the speed cars travel. Whatever happened to the "drive 55, stay alive", concept ?? Gettin' so an old possum can't hardly try to feed his fambly without getting caught in the headlights.

highwayman

Let the (R) side have a plan & we get constant bashing.

Tell me again, what was the republican plan ???

Complete the obligation that is ongoing in Iraq and Afganistan and continue with the war against the terrorists...

You left out Korea and why the past tense?

Secondly, from the time war was declared until Japan surrendered, three years and eight months. Germany, three years and six months. After three years and six months our troops are still fighting the war in Iraq with no end in sight.

America did not start this war either, why are you insinuating other wise?
Another thing you are over lookin is the diference in tactics and troop movement. In WW2 the enemy was clear and the lines were drawn. The enemy was known. Point out the enemy in this conflict..

chcr

Too cute for words
Sorry highway but America did start the Iraq war. There were no ongoing hostilities with Iraq until we invaded them. The 9/11 terrorists came out of Afghanistan. Justification is a separate discussion but America did start the Iraq war.

Oh, and Korea was thee years and one month. Do you think we won that one?

BB

Well, sarcasm anyway. You're not going to try to make me drink that beer warm, are you?

heaven forbid!

ice cold almost!

wasn't the point that US troops were in Japan and certainly Germany (decent beer, mind ... ;) ) for years afterwards?

There are still UK troops in Germany ..and they don't won't 'em to leave for F's sake ... supporting the local economy etc ...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Of course you are. No matter what you might want others to think, you are trying to cover your ass.

What are you talking about? Cover my ass from what?

I didn't ask how long we fought a war, I asked how long we were there...over 7 years in Germany & over 10 in Japan. Wars continue after treaties. (technically, we've left neither)

Perhaps they could pass legislation to lower the speed limit.

Well, now we can never be friends.

Pogo

I didn't ask how long we fought a war, I asked how long we were there...over 7 years in Germany & over 10 in Japan. Wars continue after treaties. (technically, we've left neither)
Well, now we can never be friends.

Was sitting by my porcupine friend, after a successful evening of foraging, trying desperately to avoid his quills, and thinking how long it would take Gonz to say, "I didn't ask how long we fought the war, I asked how long we were there...." and the ole possum was not disappointed. Funny how a swamp animal can sometimes predict people. Guess we learn that stuff as a matter of survival here in the Okeefenokee.

Anyways, Gonz, please do the ole 'possum a favor in the future and when reciting chapter and verse from your source, make an effort to check before posting.
The United States occupied Japan for seven years, not ten. That was Germany and if memory serves me it was closer to eleven years.
The technicality of "we've left, neither" is the result of a lease arrangement for military bases and a first line of defense to Russia. Not as an "occupying force" in Germany.
Our continued military presence in Japan is based on a mutual cooperation treaty signed several years after the reconstruction of that nation and not to be construed as anticipation of hostilities by Japan against the U.S..

As for being friends, why not ?? :confused:
My foreleg and paw are extended ................................. I'll even run down to the swamp to wash.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
when reciting chapter and verse from your source, make an effort to check before posting.

Top o my head, late at night, quickly posted after work. If you are so cleverly foresighted wouldn't it have been more expedient to answer my query, upfront, initailly?

As for being friends, why not ?? :confused:

Speed limits are bad things.

RDX

Well, first of all, I don’t consider the conflict in Iraq to be a war and believe it hasn’t been for a long time. It’s turned into a peacekeeping mission gone bad. Also, I don’t think that time can be used solely to determine how the war has gone (because the war has ended imo).

Bush is in a real dilemma right now. He has limited options, and none of them are too good. Most of the Dems initially supported the war in Iraq, but pulled their support, along with some Republicans as things have grown worse over there. President Bush is stuck; he can’t just pull his support without things melting down in Iraq, and continuing to “stay the course” all but dooms the Republicans chances in 2008.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Finishing the job is priority during a war, and its cleanup efforts. If the American people (and the Brits & Aussies) can't stomach the full thing, then perhaps the terrorists are correct in their assesment.

Of course, 5 years of media hype against Bush doesn't help one iota.

Pogo

Complete the obligation that is ongoing in Iraq and Afganistan and continue with the war against the terrorists...

We had no obligation to invade Iraq.
The invasion of Afghanistan, yes.

You left out Korea and why the past tense?

Korea ??? That was not a war, officially it was a police action. There has never been a declaration of war or surrender. Do you have a point here ???

America did not start this war either, why are you insinuating other wise?
Another thing you are over lookin is the diference in tactics and troop movement. In WW2 the enemy was clear and the lines were drawn. The enemy was known. Point out the enemy in this conflict...

No insinuation at all. Fact.
America started the war with Iraq. No one else.
Terrorists attacks against the United States were responded to by invading Afghanistan, a proven stronghold of training facilities and supply depots of the Taliban and organized terrorist groups.
Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks of September 11, 2001. Bring absolute proof to the swamp bus stop that the government of Iraq or Dictator Saddam Hussein was directly involved with those attacks and the old possum will attempt to eat humble pie while dodging traffic on highway 94 at intersecting stateline of Georgia and Florida even though it is a little further than the possum normally travels.

Getting late afternoon here in the Okeefenokee and the lil possums are squalling again fo somefin to eat so I'd best get busy scavenging. Like the early bird getting the worm, gotta get out before the skunks and them damn ring-tail, mask wearing, racoons. Got lucky last night with a hamburger, minus one small bite taken. Came with pickles, onions, cheese and special sauce !!!!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Another thing you are over lookin is the diference in tactics and troop movement. In WW2 the enemy was clear and the lines were drawn. The enemy was known. Point out the enemy in this conflict..

Which is why it won't, and can't, be a typical war. Not short & easy. Not long & clearly identifiable. As the President has said, from the beginning, this is a different kind of war.

Not lessening the loss of one single military member, the overall lack of deaths in a two-state multi-year war is phenomenal. There were more deaths in single battles in damn near all previous wars than there have been here collectively.

Iraq fired at coalition aircraft for 12 years, amomg many, many other violations of the surrender decree he signed. That was sufficient reason to re-establish hostilities. Iraq is a battle in a much larger war. If the left leaning citizens of the US would STFU & allow this thing to coalesce, as it is doing, it would've ended quicker than it will now. The more support the enemy thinks they are getting, the longer they resist.

Saddam had nothing to do with 09/11/2001.

Saddam was a supporter of terrorism. He's now a walking dead man.

spike

Which is why it won't, and can't, be a typical war. Not short & easy. Not long & clearly identifiable. As the President has said, from the beginning, this is a different kind of war.

Yeah, Iraq is different in that it's an unneccessary yet extremely costly war against people who are no threat to us. Meanwhile the Taliban reclaims Afghanistan. Can't think of another war this dumb really.

Cerise

Finishing the job is priority during a war, and its cleanup efforts. If the American people (and the Brits & Aussies) can't stomach the full thing, then perhaps the terrorists are correct in their assesment.

;)

The way is clear. We will no longer bring the war to you on your soil. We will simply wait for you to bring your jihad to us, or, if you like, we will do whatever is in our power to appease you at every turn. We do not have the stomach for a fight. Appeasement is by far our preferred course of action.http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35182

Of course, 5 years of media hype against Bush doesn't help one iota.

The media has proven beyond any doubt that they have dedicated their resources to further the democrat agenda.

Our American media machine is broken. Journalists can no longer be trusted. Many conservatives have seen years of evidence that the mainstream media is shifting further and further to the left.

The irony here is that the joke is on them. Only it’s not a joke; it’s deadly serious. The constant barrage of anti-Americanism and anti-war sentiments in the media is playing right into our enemies’ hands.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/homeland.php?id=376809

http://www.cmpa.com/documents/06.10.31.Study.pdf

Cerise

Yeah, Iraqis are going to bring a Jihad to us :rolleyes:

I guess when you looked at the link you missed the part that served as a preface to the paragraph I quoted that read "Democrats to Islamic terrorists around the world" :rolleyes:

WND is dumb.

You also missed the word "commentary" and if you scrolled to the bottom of the page you would've seen the sentence:
"Neal Boortz is an author and nationally syndicated libertarian talk-show host."
http://boortz.com/" :rolleyes: