Another log for the fire

NONE of the shit happening over there right now is occurring in a vacuum.

do i think israel at this point should deal with the hizb'allah rockets militarily? of course.

am i dumb enough to think it's a simple good guy-bad guy dichotomy?

absolutely not.

when israel plops anti-runway weapons on downtown beirut - and yes, they have done that - killing a bunch of civilians, they're only helping hizb'allah recruit the next wave of willing assholes.

Gato_Solo said:
You seem to be ignoring common sense. According to your argument, a person who intentionally drives a car into a crowd is no more guilty than the person who has a brake failure and runs into a crowd. You have no clue as to what you're talking about, do you?

I didn't mention cars. Killing civilians intentionally with a rocket is no different than killing civilians intentionally with a airplane.

Gonz said:
Blindly walking up to a stranger & without provacation or reason killing that person is always bad.

Retaliating for previous or current attacks is seldomly bad. Especially whne those attacks never end.

There's a simple idea that you're missing. Arabs are retaliating and Jews are retaliating.

You have to quit using different words for the same thing in order to attempt to justify one side. I've given enough examples of Israel breaking laws and attacking palestinians at this point that we really should be done with this "Israel=Good" thing.

Is it just a resistance to think about things in other than Black & White terms? Sorry, sometimes it's just more complicated than that.

I didn't mention cars. Killing civilians intentionally with a rocket is no different than killing civilians intentionally with a airplane.

The difference is TARGETING!!!! Why is taht so hard to understand?

minkey said:
NONE of the shit happening over there right now is occurring in a vacuum.

do i think israel at this point should deal with the hizb'allah rockets militarily? of course.

am i dumb enough to think it's a simple good guy-bad guy dichotomy?

absolutely not

At what point has Israel ever attacked another country purely for offensive reasoning?

Gonz said:
The difference is TARGETING!!!! Why is taht so hard to understand?

At what point has Israel ever attacked another country purely for offensive reasoning?

Yes, they both target civilians from time to time. Nobody is attacking offensively everyone is retaliating for something or other that the other side did earlier.

spike said:
It would be in the best interest of the citizens of the US if that money was spent protecting and improving US citizens lives. Addressing the leading causes their death I thought might be a good place to start.

Protecting and improving US citizens' lives? Through ignorance?

Considering that a certain faction of self-styled terrorists wants to be the "leading cause of death" for Americans and wipe Israel off the face of the planet, whose best interest are you really talking about? The one that speaks of "swine" and "apes?" The one that supports religious and racial hatred? That fights a war of agression and conquest?

It is neither possible nor wise to be neutral. Why not support those people's enemies? We will only be helping ourselves.

Cerise said:
Protecting and improving US citizens' lives? Through ignorance?

Considering that a certain faction of self-styled terrorists wants to be the "leading cause of death" for Americans and wipe Israel off the face of the planet, whose best interest are you really talking about? The one that speaks of "swine" and "apes?" The one that supports religious and racial hatred? That fights a war of agression and conquest?

It is neither possible nor wise to be neutral. Why not support those people's enemies? We will only be helping ourselves.

Protecting and improving American's lives by addressing the biggest threats to those lives. Israel has really been the only one doing any "conquest", they are just as guilty of religious and racial hatred. They also break the most international laws.

I suggest we quit encouraging criminal behavior by either side. Stop the funding and use the taxpayers money on something that would help the taxpayers. There also would not be nearly as much ill-will towards the US from Arab nations if we weren't funding and arming Israel this also benefits the taxpayers. Win/win.

2minkey said:
yeah you really don't have one.

what point were you trying to make? that your notion of "common sense" should be the arbiter of when killing is okay or not?

The point I made is that an intentional act is not the same as an unintentional consequence. As to my "notion of common sense" I have this reply...If you don't know, ask, rather than open type that drivel and look like someone with no sense at all.

Gato_Solo said:
The point I made is that an intentional act is not the same as an unintentional consequence. As to my "notion of common sense" I have this reply...If you don't know, ask, rather than open type that drivel and look like someone with no sense at all.

bullshit.

when israel dumps a shitload of ordnance into a tightly packed urban area, you're going to tell me that's akin to brake failure? that leveling a bunch of buildings is "unintentional?" right... is ANY consequence that is so obviously forseeable "unintentional?"

yes, there is a difference between intentional and unintentional.

in this case, that distinction utterly fails.

go ahead. find someone you don't like. blow up the building where they work. then try to tell the cops that everybody else that died in the building was an uintentional consequence.

spike said:
Protecting and improving American's lives by addressing the biggest threats to those lives. Israel has really been the only one doing any "conquest", they are just as guilty of religious and racial hatred. They also break the most international laws.

The biggest threat to American lives are the terrorists who want to kill them.

Israel is defending themselves against the terrorists who want to eliminate them from planet Earth. Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahar declared on Palestinian TV, “We do not recognize the Israeli enemy, nor his right to be our neighbor, nor to stay (on the land), nor his ownership of any inch of land. . . . We are interested in restoring our full rights to return all the people of Palestine to the land of Palestine. Our principles are clear: Palestine is a land of Waqf (Islamic trust), which can not be given up.” Sounds like fightin' words to me. Israel's response to Hamas' terrorist attacks will have made the world a safer place.

I suggest we quit encouraging criminal behavior by either side. Stop the funding and use the taxpayers money on something that would help the taxpayers. There also would not be nearly as much ill-will towards the US from Arab nations if we weren't funding and arming Israel this also benefits the taxpayers. Win/win.

Criminal behavior is attacking Israeli civilian targets.

Ill-will? Nooooo, not the ill-will. :rolleyes:

Cerise said:
The biggest threat to American lives are the terrorists who want to kill them.
There are dozens if not hundreds of things that kill more Americans each year than terrorists. In fact you are roughly 40 times more likely to drown than be killed by terrorists, 50 times more likely to die in a car crash and around 300 times more likely to die as a result of smoking. Media induced hysteria, plain and simple. don't get me wrong, every terrorist caught should be put to death slowly and painfully, but they should be far from your biggest worry. :shrug: The media's job is not to report the facts, it's to get you to pay attention to the media.

Be sure to try the kool-aid.

spike said:
Jesus man:

* Resolution 517: " . . . 'censures' Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions

You don't have a clue. Anything from the UN, short of Blue Helmets is diplomatic double speak. Wanna know why blue helmets aren't in Lebanon (now or 1982) or Gaza or the West Bankl? It's because Israel is not in the wrong. The UN is appeasing the Arabs by diplomatic horeseshit but they won't do anything because Israel has done nothing wrong.

2minkey said:
when israel dumps a shitload of ordnance into a tightly packed urban area, you're going to tell me that's akin to brake failure? that leveling a bunch of buildings is "unintentional?" right... is ANY consequence that is so obviously forseeable "unintentional?"

You are aware Hezbollah is shelling Israel (has been for decades) from private residences (houses), not from bases, aren't you? They are terrorists & if Lebanon will not live up to its cease fire agreement then Israel has only one choice. Do it themselvs.

Cerise said:
spike said:
I suggest we quit encouraging criminal behavior by either side.
Criminal behavior is attacking Israeli civilian targets.

This is where Carter, Reagan, Bush 1 & Clinton failed miserably.

International Terrorism is not nor should it be treated as a criminal matter. It is an act of war. Plain & simple. If the nation from which the terrorism originates refuses to stop those responsible for the acts of terrorism then they are equally responsible.

chcr said:
Be sure to try the kool-aid.

hey now, don't be makin' light of jonestown.
icon10.gif

Back