are you one of them yankees?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hillbillies ain't lazy, they's just stupid fer not leaving them hills & moving to them thar big cities where'n the wimins hardly wear no clothes at all & ever'thin costs'es more.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*ahem*

Some of us tried it, and could not wait to get back.

Amazingly, while I am intimately familiar with the genesis and extrapolation of most Appalachian stereotypes, such as redneck and the whole "lazy mountain man" thing, I am not as well versed with the term hillbilly. Sounds like something I need to check on, and will in time. I'm too laz...I mean busy right now. I probably have the answer on my bookshelf at home.

And I'll have you know our wimmins is jes as nekkid as your'n are, buster. Differ'nce is, our'n don't spend as much money lookin' nekkid as them town floozies do. :lloyd:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I never thought of (fill in stereotype here) as lazy. Is that really a generalization of people who must create thier own conveniences? (cut wood, plow the field, pump the water).

I'd imagine hillbilly has something to do with the moonshining business.

catocom

SouthernN'Proud said:
*ahem*

And I'll have you know our wimmins is jes as nekkid as your'n are, buster. Differ'nce is, our'n don't spend as much money lookin' nekkid as them town floozies do. :lloyd:

More so the closer to the mountains you get. :headbng2:
I know some women that don't think anything at all about running around topless. :D

greenfreak

K62 said:
greenfreak! Got a microphone? I have only ever heard an New Yawk accent on the TV. Or anybody else ?
I have one somewhere. I never know what to say when I'm actually recording myself. Give me a script and I'll record it. :)

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
43% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

remarkable...since i lived in texas for a year as a kid...unlearned a lot of bad things i guess ;)

but still say "what are y'all doin'?"

K62

greenfreak said:
I have one somewhere. I never know what to say when I'm actually recording myself. Give me a script and I'll record it. :)

Hmm, how about.

"Hello Jon from Ca Na Da! This is (insert name here) from New York."

*shrugs. Unless you can think of something not so stupid :p

:)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
31% (Yankee). You are definitely a Yankee.

Go figure. Born and raised in Pennsylvania. :grinyes: Stuck in South Carolina for 10 years, and it still hasn't rubbed off on me. :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Face it, Gato. Some of life's blessings just can't be learned. Ya either got it or ya don't.

Bought me a sign for the garage yesterday. Has the flag on it (you know which one, the important one) and says "Rebel parking only. All others git your ass back up north!" :banana:

Gato_Solo

SouthernN'Proud said:
Face it, Gato. Some of life's blessings just can't be learned. Ya either got it or ya don't.

Bought me a sign for the garage yesterday. Has the flag on it (you know which one, the important one) and says "Rebel parking only. All others git your ass back up north!" :banana:

Gee...didn't you guys lose a war that way? :D :p

Gato_Solo

HomeLAN said:
Strong words for someone who hates the cold.

Paradise awaits. Take a jacket.

F**k that noise. :D I never said I didn't like it here...just that I'm lucky. :p

Lopan

Raven said:
52% (Dixie). Just above the Mason-Dixon Line

And I'm a brit :lloyd:

how did you manage that? I had to use artistic license on most of the questions and still barely made it as a yankee. :D