are you one of them yankees?

tonksy

Luis G said:
Woah, I never thought yankee was derogative.
So why is it that within the country you call the northern yankees if it is an offense?
i think it may be civil war related but i'm not totally sure. the yankees and the rebels :shrug:
anyway, i think it's just a southern bias.

Mare

39% (Yankee). You are definitely a Yankee.

What the heck is a bug that rolls into a ball when you touch it???? :alienhuh: I had to guess that one!

Mare

Ohhhhhhhhhh Them little guys!!!!
When the boyz and I go to the beach, we did holes in the sand near the water and hold them...I just called them "little grey looking crab thingy's". :D

Lopan

45% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

Cheated a bit. No pill bugs, crayfish and never heard of chucking bog roll over a house.

Mare

Yep me a Yank too.... :swing:

wooder...............water
surrup.............syrup
churry...............cherry

catocom

See the thing is, you are either Southern, or something else.
If you are southern then everyone else that isn't southern is a yank. :lol2:

Lopan

Where does the North end and the south begin? I always thought tennesee was south but its not that far from Michigan and you can't get any further north than Michigan?

catocom

Lopan said:
Where does the North end and the south begin? I always thought tennesee was south but its not that far from Michigan and you can't get any further north than Michigan?

tenn is kinda the borderline. It kinda switches through there.
If you go more east you kinda go more southern ...um in a way,
except if you are closer to the Ga/Al Carolina borders.

I don't think you can get grits north of Tn though.

Edit: oops, I meant west there, like around Nashville.

unclehobart

Its a great big fuzzy area as to what belongs where.

The south is a line that runs from Texas across through Virginia. Florida is a semi-exemption because the northern half of the state is rather southern, but the southern half is retired New Englanders, vacationing Canadians, and ex-patriot Cubano-Spanish types.

Northerners, New Englanders, Midwestern... everyone has a different breakline. States like Maryland and Pennsylvania are very much north in mentality, but certainly rebuke the idea of being seen as New Englander.

Sometimes Ohio is Midwest... sometimes Northern... and sometimes they just subclassify themselves into a small cluster of states that are known as the Ohio Valley.

unclehobart

catocom said:
tenn is kinda the borderline. It kinda switches through there.
If you go more east you kinda go more southern ...um in a way,
except if you are closer to the Ga/Al Carolina borders.

I don't think you can get grits north of Tn though.

Edit: oops, I meant west there, like around Nashville.
We saw a Waffle House in ~northern Virginia if not in Maryland... which means that grits would have to be on the menu.

chcr

Too cute for words
Lopan said:

If a state sided with the Confederacy in the Civil War (more commonly known around these parts as "The War of Yankee Aggression") then it's southern.

My favorite definition of a southerner (it's getting a little dated) is someone who thought Jimmy Stewart talked too fast.

Actually cat, here in TN they consider Kentucky to be the border state.