B U S H

Mare

WASHINGTON - Defying public opinion polls and newly empowered Democratic lawmakers, President Bush told Americans Wednesday that he is dispatching 21,500 additional U.S. troops to Iraq. And in a rare admission, he said he made a mistake by not deploying more forces sooner.

“The situation in Iraq is unacceptable to the American people, and it is unacceptable to me,” Bush said in a televised address from the White House. “Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me.” :asshole2:

AND CLINTON GOT IN TROUBLE FOR A BLOW JOB!!!???!!!

No. He got in trouble for lying to a federal grand jury about getting a blowjob. Getting a blowjob isn't illegal... except in Kansas and Utah. Lying to grand juries and federal investigators is seriously naughty. Unlike most, he swore to a special oath to uphold the Constitution... so theres dereliction of duty in there as well. Should he have been bothered over a blowjob.. no. Should he have lied about it.. no. Should he have been jailed or booted over it.. I think not. He comitted other serious crimes that were much worse. Those were the ones that should have had him hanging by his toes.

WASHINGTON - Defying public opinion polls and newly empowered Democratic lawmakers, President Bush told Americans Wednesday that he is dispatching 21,500 additional U.S. troops to Iraq. And in a rare admission, he said he made a mistake by not deploying more forces sooner.

“The situation in Iraq is unacceptable to the American people, and it is unacceptable to me,” Bush said in a televised address from the White House. “Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me.” :asshole2:

AND CLINTON GOT IN TROUBLE FOR A BLOW JOB!!!???!!!

Tsk, tsk...The deployment should've been done at least 2 years ago IMO. Hell...he's still 79,500 short of what I think we should be sending.

Tsk, tsk...The deployment should've been done at least 2 years ago IMO. Hell...he's still 79,500 short of what I think we should be sending.

I think it's too late and it's clearly too little. He also says that the Iraqis will be in charge by November. The only way that'll work is putting the Shi'ites (the majority) in charge. They can attain peace. Pretty much the same way Saddam did.

What'll happen is that they'll leave the Shi'ites in control, pull out the vast majority (if not all) of the troops and claim victory. The subsequent bloodbath will have nothing to do with us, "we aren't in control in Iraq." :rolleyes:
Six months later no one will ever talk about it again (well, except for the historical revisionists who'll say, "we weren't allowed to win").

Ya know, there's just no pleasing a demorat. For months now all we been hearing out of them is "We want Bush to admit his mistakes in Iraq." Well, he did. Now you wanna whine some more. No. Not in my ear. Now shaddap and go march in a gay rights parade or something.

Ya know, there's just no pleasing a demorat. For months now all we been hearing out of them is "We want Bush to admit his mistakes in Iraq." Well, he did. Now you wanna whine some more. No. Not in my ear. Now shaddap and go march in a gay rights parade or something.

Well, if you're referring to me, I'm not a democrat. Not whining either, just stating what I think is going to happen next. I knew from the start that it would be an unmitigated disaster, it has been so far and I'll be shocked if it doesn't continue to be. They're blundering around like Yosemite Sam in the dynamite shack trying to light a match. :shrug:

whining?

if it weren't for whining about "liberals" 2/3 of the folks here would have nothing to do all day.

I feel that it's about time that he take ownership of the debacle. Kudos to Bush for that much.

The question is...will 20k more troops be more than just a drop in this bucket of fetid water?

I feel that it's about time that he take ownership of the debacle. Kudos to Bush for that much.

The question is...will 20k more troops be more than just a drop in this bucket of fetid water?

Depends. Are these troops infantry, line soldiers, spec ops, logistics, or a mix of all four?

I give the man props for trying his damndest to fight this war while 51% of the country is doing everything in their power (real or imagined) to make the sledding as tough as they can. Throw in foreign malcontents, the media nipping his toes off, and every other issue placing demands on his time and attention and he's not doing that bad.

I don't agree with everything he does, and I am far from supporting his agenda on environmental/national parks issues, but at the least he is trying to win a war fought in one place and contested at home. You try it sometime.

The Pres. is in Ga about to address troops....
So If these "more troops" are coming from The South, they'll geter done.

ain't that right Gato?:usa:

Depends. Are these troops infantry, line soldiers, spec ops, logistics, or a mix of all four?

Gates said:
I am recommending to [the president] a total increase in the two services of 92,000 soldiers and Marines over the next five years -- 65,000 soldiers and 27,000 Marines. The emphasis will be on increasing combat capability," Gates said.

He said the maximum length of involuntary mobilization for members of the reserves would be reduced to a year, instead of the 16 to 24 months many reservists currently serve.

From CNN. The page crashed on me...

No. He got in trouble for lying to a federal grand jury about getting a blowjob. Getting a blowjob isn't illegal... except in Kansas and Utah. Lying to grand juries and federal investigators is seriously naughty. Unlike most, he swore to a special oath to uphold the Constitution... so theres dereliction of duty in there as well. Should he have been bothered over a blowjob.. no. Should he have lied about it.. no. Should he have been jailed or booted over it.. I think not. He comitted other serious crimes that were much worse. Those were the ones that should have had him hanging by his toes.

Your version of history omits Clinton was acquitted. Normally an important detail.

Now lets hope a similar amount of effort is put into investigating Bush since the crimes are of a far more serious nature.

Your version of history omits Clinton was acquitted. Normally an important detail.

Now lets hope a similar amount of effort is put into investigating Bush since the crimes are of a far more serious nature.

Clinton was also disbarred and not allowed to practice...

And when it happens, let us also hope Bush gets the same wink/nod kid glove treatment Clinton got from the courts, since his judges are of a far more serious nature.

Back