Bitch about work thread.

BB

I admit that I kinda hoped that she would be like "Yeah! Definetly!" and be really excited about it.

But then, I kinda feared that she would be like "No way, you're way too young and I don't really like you."

So, I'd say it's a pretty happy middle ground. She wasn't as enthusiastic as I had hoped, but I knew that it was probably unrealistic. On the whole, I think that she was pretty receptive towards it. She didn't say "I don't want to go", she said "I would like to go, but I'm not sure when I can". So all I gotta do is get down a list of decent movies, come in and chat with her for a bit, and see when she's available.

She might be a bit hesitant, but at least I got it out there that I want to take her out to see a movie.

I'm just so excited and happy now. I overcame (well, more of sidestepped, since I never actually asked her out face to face) my nervousness, and she was pretty receptive.

I think that it will help when I stick up for her, and when I actually come in to see her. I'm not a big fan of phone conversations. I'm big on facial expressions, and I always find myself trying to use facial expressions to make a point on the phone, and it not working.

well, never mind mystic Luis ;) fer the moment ... i guess ya don't (didn't) get mystic meg over there???

digress? ........ me ...?? ;)

mmmm .. ok ...

whatever the utlimate result, Altron -it's a good start - and as ye say - ain't a bad result - :)

chin up!

but - really - what's this girl like?

i mean is she really cute? ..does she know it? ...just curious - objectively -why do so many co-workers thus take against her?

just curious?

but goodluck!
(not really into soap operas - but reality soap operas with a genuine sounding fella ..well -

if we can help ... or at least cheer ya up (god forbid it comes to that)

:)

best, BB

Altron

well, never mind mystic Luis ;) fer the moment ... i guess ya don't (didn't) get mystic meg over there???

digress? ........ me ...?? ;)

mmmm .. ok ...

whatever the utlimate result, Altron -it's a good start - and as ye say - ain't a bad result - :)

chin up!

but - really - what's this girl like?

i mean is she reallt cute? ..does she know it? ...just curious - objectively -why do so many co-wokers thus take against her?

just curious?

but goodluck!
(not really into soap operas - but reality soap operas with a genuine sounding fella ..well -

if we can help ... or at least cheer ya up (god forbid it comes to that)

:)

best, BB

Well, she got hired last November, which makes her a relatively new hire.

She didn't get along too well with her boss. She had full time availability, but only part time hours, and mostly nights and weekends. She's got a college degree, but hasn't had luck findin' a job in a more specific field. She only has one job, so she needs enough hours to pay for her car, her food, etc. (lives with her parents).
Around the summer, they were jerking her around real badly. They'd have her work like 12 hours a week, and since she was part time, she didn't have any health insurance or stuff like that.
Then, management got bent over and had to take it in the ass. Fully half of the department either quit or transferred to a different department over the span of about three weeks in August.
We had a dude who was in charge of the music section, which meant organizing it, which is far more difficult than it sounds. He transferred to another department.
Anyway, we reached the point where we only had one person in the department available to work from 10-5 on Monday through Friday, and it was her. They put her in charge of the section, and she's getting a steady 30-40 hours a week.
(We have very flexibile scheduling, and a lot of people complain that they don't get scheduled for enough hours)
So, a lot of other people are jealous as hell, because they think that she has a really easy job with a lot of hours, which isn't true at all. She might get 30-40 hours a week, but she is all by herself, it's hard for her to take breaks, and there are quite a few assholes who call out and then she gets stuck working a 12 hour shift. She has to organize the whole section while helping customers AND other departments. It's a tough job.

She says that she's never gotten along that well with the other girls there, because she's pretty good lookin', and a bit of a tomboy. She's said that she has never gotten along with the 'popular' girls.

The girl who is the problem the most is one of the CSA quasi-managers. Apparantly, she used to have my girl's job, and is kinda jealous that she no longer does. She also told my girl that she doesn't like her because she takes attention away from herself.

And, as a result of very unreliable coworkers, she gets stuck working double shifts quite often.

People see that she's pulling 35-40 hours a week, and cry foul, because they're not getting a lot of hours. They say that she's riding the clock. I say that they're jealous and petty assholes. They're not even in the same damn department, so it's not like they would have more hours if she didn't work as much.

They really hold it against her, and talk about her behind her back, which irritates her, and irritates me.

She's just a really nice person. I really like her a lot. She's fun to be around and interesting to talk to. She's totally awesome.

Altron

Well, I sent my cinematographer buddy an e-mail asking what movies in the theater are good, so hopefully I can put together a few options and talk to her on Friday.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that I ASKED HER OUT.

Like, I've had a crush on her for months, and I finally did it.

I feel like Bilbo Baggins right after he walked into Smaug's treasure room. You know, when he's gone so far, across the misty mountains and mirkwood forest and lake town, and is terrified of walking through the final door before Smaug. He stops and ponders, and feels that to walk through that door would be truly corageous. Everything afterwards was unimportant. It was that act of walking through the door that meant everything.

I'm really, really, really excited. It's awesome. She's awesome.

chcr

Too cute for words
I feel like Bilbo Baggins right after he walked into Smaug's treasure room. You know, when he's gone so far, across the misty mountains and mirkwood forest and lake town, and is terrified of walking through the final door before Smaug. He stops and ponders, and feels that to walk through that door would be truly corageous. Everything afterwards was unimportant. It was that act of walking through the door that meant everything.

Please don't tell her that story.

Good for you though. If you never ask you'll never know.

tonksy

Well....it is best not to compare your crush to a fire-breathing, gold hording dragon with a bad attitude.

Altron

I was commenting more on the act of going through the door than what's behind it.

Bilbo made a long journey, and he could have turned around if he wanted to. That door was his last way out, so to speak. He could have heard the thrush knock on durin's day, and seen the last light of the setting sun shine upon the keyhole, then turned around and went to Bag End. Up until that point, everything was reversible.

Walking through that door, however, involved him completely in the fight. Once he walked through, there was no turning back.

That's what took courage - going from a relatively safe location into an area full of dangers and mysteries.

This is probably the deepest that I've analyzed "The Hobbit", but it makes sense. Tolkein is saying that courage isn't in doing something, it's in making the decision to irreversibly commit to doing something.

Up until around 10:25 on Tuesday night, I could have turned back. I might have spent two or three months, but it was all reversible. I kept my cards close to my chest.

Now, I've played my hand, and I'm now in the game, whether I win, or lose, or come out even.

Altron

Well, yea. I'm going to compile a list of movies that are out in theaters, and see which one she thinks she would like best.

Then we get to decide which theater to go to... there's a kinda dumpy one across the street from work (most likeily would be a weeknight, she would work 10-5 or something, then get changed, and I would meet her for dinner then go to a movie, that's my plan.), then there's a nicer theater (but a lot of 'homies' go there), which is still pretty close, then there's one that's like 8 miles away, but it's the nicest one, which has a better selection of weird films, but not as wide selection of big films.

I'm going to suggest the nice one, since of the three, it's my favorite. She's also a classy lady, so we probably won't see some really shitty movie that the nice one wouldn't play.

Altron

Well, shouldn't I provide a comprehensive list of all available movies?

"These are our choices... what one do you want to see?"

chcr

Too cute for words
Well, shouldn't I provide a comprehensive list of all available movies?

"These are our choices... what one do you want to see?"

Nope. It's a subtle difference but an important one. If she doesn't pick one, then offer her choices.

Altron

Ah, gotcha. That way, if there's one she likes, she can say it right away, and if she doesn't have a particular one in mind, or doesn't know what's out, I'll be able to pull up a listing.

Professur

No. That way.... she's in control of the date. the only listing you want to have handy is the newspaper (uncircled). You show up with a flammin' planned itinerary and she's gonna bawlk.

Altron

That's what I mean. The "Movies" section of the newspaper. Or a movies listing website.

Then I'll just be like "Yeah, I saw a preview, it looks like it's gonna be good." when she picks.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
*excited*

chcr

Too cute for words
That's what I mean. The "Movies" section of the newspaper. Or a movies listing website.

Then I'll just be like "Yeah, I saw a preview, it looks like it's gonna be good." when she picks.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
*excited*

1. Carry something to wipe the sweat off of your palms (they will sweat).
2. Don't eat anything that typically gives you gas for at least 36 hours before. Kraut dogs are right out. ;)
3. Don't overdo it with the aftershave/cologne. You do want to smell nice, you don't want to smell like the cologne counter at Tiffany's

Hey, somebody has got to be practical. :beardbng: