Bitch about work thread.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Don't tell the boss a thing, you don't need any messengers. If you want to say something to her, you can look for her when she's not at work, thru IM or thur her cell phone.

Your boss is probably right thou, if you being there causes her problems, the moment she sees you it won't be nice, it will be something like "here comes this guy again" instead.

And don't take things too hard or you won't make a thing out of this.

kellyg

I work for the most wonderful person in the world! Understanding, lenient, a true pleasure to be around! :wink2:

Altron

I was a little upset immediately after the conversation. 23's best friend sent me an e-mail asking if I was alright. I suggested that the four of us see Borat (because I don't want to call 23 at work if she finds it annoying, I'd rather go through her friend, especially since her friend was the one who set up the haunted hayride) and explained that I was a bit upset yesterday, but it's all good now.

Altron

Well, my managerial imposed hiatus draws to a close. Tomarrow, I head in after school to check the schedule, buy the movie 'Cars' for my dad, and buy a symphonic beatles CD for myself.

I'm only going to be in for maybe 10 minutes. Walk in through the warehouse, check the schedule, buy my shit, chat with 23 for like 2 minutes, say hi to 23's best friend if she's working, then get outta there.

I'm gonna offer to take her out for lunch on Thursday and/or Friday. I have both days off from school, so I'm gonna suggest that I stop by work right before her lunch break, then take her out somewhere for lunch, then bring her back to work.

Altron

Woohoo.

I went in. I could only stay for a bit, so I didn't get to say anything to her other than the standard greeting and farewell.

I got home, rented a movie, had dinner, went to the library and picked up like five or six books, so I'll be able to kill some free time.

I'm a bit nervous. Some of my friends think that I have ADD. I get bored as shit sitting around at home, listening to gay hippy music and posting here. I go places just for the sake of doing something.

I have a hard time not doing anything, or like watching TV, or something. I dig books, though, so hopefully my new stuff will help me kill some time.

It's pretty mellow. I was bummed out right after getting home, because I had hours to kill and nothing to do, but I should be good now.

I went to Kohl's and Old Navy on sunday.
The good - I'm even more stylin' than usual.
The bad - Everyone thinks that I'm metrosexual.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I went to Kohl's and Old Navy on sunday.
The good - I'm even more stylin' than usual.
The bad - Everyone thinks that I'm metrosexual.

Why is being metrosexual bad? According to Wikipedia:

"Metrosexuality is, according to British journalist Mark Simpson, the trait of an urban male of any sexual orientation (usually heterosexual) who has a strong aesthetic sense and spends a great amount of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle. "

So, if you care about your appearance and put any significant effort into it you're metrol...no biggie.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Metrosexuality is a piece of crap term, it has nothing to do with your sexual orientation.

Inkara1

Dude, altron... if you look anything like in the pictures I've seen... you are most certainly NOT metrosexual.

:D

Altron

Pictures?

To my knowledge, the only picture I've posted on OTC is the one in my profile, which is a picture of me at the tail end of like four consecutive 12 hour shifts, complete with my work shirt, disheveled hair, and all that stuff.

I do freely admit to dressing nicely, tho. I don't own jeans, sweat pants, or sweatshirts. I wear dress pants most of the time, along with my nice Rockport boots and a decent belt. I have a shirt with buttons that is tucked in, and some sort of jacket over it. Nothing special, but compared to the usual jeans, sneakers, t-shirt look, I dress metro.

Altron

Sawhney89 was making fun of me for the way I dressed... and that was before I changed my shirt to one that matched my shoes better, and tucked it in.

Altron

That picture is more than a year old, and has me back when I had long hair.

I dressed nicely then, but I was still on sneakers/cargo pants at the time, and I had goofy hair.

Now I've got nice hair, and nice clothes.

I'll have to con Sawhney89 into snapping a picture of me over the weekend.

Altron

He also thinks it's gay that I like Air Supply and I have a hair brush in my car, and use it several times a day.

Inkara1

My, how quickly you've changed. You are, indeed, metrosexual. You're a flaming metrosexual, in fact.

BB

sort of a South Jersey Woody Allen? :D

oh, congrats on the engagement Inky.

goodluck an all that!

um, i just looked at your pic there in the profile Altron, and i would hardly say metro :shrug:

merely not wearing jeans is not, i think, the point.

er- you do appear to give off a slightly feminine vibe online - if you do not mind me saying so?

The hairbrush in the car may be too much, perhaps?

perhaps you could add an air of danger and hardness to your image / look /actions? Girls like that - try this, next time you go into work and the Boss looks at you, in any sort of way at all - suddenly and loudly mouth off at him - then swearing like an enraged Kazhakstani taxi driving Pimp - rush him and 'NUT 'im.

**Disclaimer
All advice given is merely an opinion and is not a guarantee of success nor of any future happiness. We reserve the right to advise doing the complete opposite of any prior given advice and of criticising anyone taking said advice.