Bitch about work thread.

Altron

I'm not metrosexual. I just dress nicely, that's all.

I have a hairbrush in my car so I can brush my hair so that I don't look like I just rolled out of bed.

rrfield

i went years without brushing my hair. first it was called "high school" then it was called "college".

chcr

Too cute for words
I'm not metrosexual. I just dress nicely, that's all.

I have a hairbrush in my car so I can brush my hair so that I don't look like I just rolled out of bed.

First, there's nothing wrong with being "metrosexual" (they give me the heebie-jeebies worse than the openly gay though).

Understanding the importance of dressing properly and wanting to look presentable doesn't make you one either.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
First, there's nothing wrong with being "metrosexual" (they give me the heebie-jeebies worse than the openly gay though).

Understanding the importance of dressing properly and wanting to look presentable doesn't make you one either.

ACTUALLY that is EXACTLY what being metro is...it has NOTHING AT ALL to do with sexuality, it has to do with how much effort a male puts into their appearance on a regular basis.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
23 called me 'metro' one day. dunno if she was jokin' or not.

Probably not, from what you've described you ARE "metro". There is nothign wrong with being metro...it's just a name for guys who actually care about their appearance.

Sawhney89

Al, when your hanging with friends @ 10PM you do not need to tuck in a shirt, wear nice dress pants, comb your hair, and wear proper shoes... especially when you are coming straight from home.. dude, you are def. metro. you wear a blazer, dress pants, and shoes everyday to school.. but there is nothing wrong in being metro. It does not mean your gay and I am not sure if you are secure with your masculinity.

By constantly reminding maxell and I that you are not gay and by telling us we're gay seems as if you are vulnerable and trying to cover it up by making fun of other people.

Altron

Part of the secure in my masculinity thing means that I'm able to joke around with people.

Sawhney89

Except when people joke around with you, you become defensive and turn it around and explain how "dressing nicely is not gay." You always turn it around and defend yourself.

kellyg

I'd keep my hair so short it doesn't need a comb but Mama doesn't like it that way. She said the first two things that attracted her to me was the hair and the Harley..... BUT if ya gotta have it, make it neat or wear a cap, I go the cap route, it's easier and I'm lazy.

What's the polar opposite of a metro?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'd keep my hair so short it doesn't need a comb but Mama doesn't like it that way. She said the first two things that attracted her to me was the hair and the Harley..... BUT if ya gotta have it, make it neat or wear a cap, I go the cap route, it's easier and I'm lazy.

What's the polar opposite of a metro?

Polar opposite is a slob

I prefer the happy medium where the guy wears clean clothes, can dress up nice for an event or a special evening but is ok running around town in jeans, a hoodie, runners and a baseball hat. I don't wanna curl up on the couch and watch a movie with someone in dresspants and a collared shirt all the time, hoodies and such are much more cuddling friendly.

Oh, and I'm beginning to wonder if Altron doesn't fall slightly under some other umbrella along with metro...cause guys can SO be metro and still wear jeans and such...not levis usually but still jeans.

BB

i always thought the thing about 'metroism' was not that you took a care in your appearance - (..after all most of us do -whether at work or in business or when going out etc ... not ALL the time fer sure ... and only to serve an end mainly ... )

- but that 'metroism' rather meant a persistent and OTT constant pandering and 'peacocking' around ...mirrors, combing, grooming, waxing, etc etc ...

to an extent that was stereotytpically seen as feminine or associated (rightly or wrongly) with homosexuality ...but that the Preener himself was in fact, actually hetereo??

kellyg

Polar opposite is a slob

I prefer the happy medium where the guy wears clean clothes, can dress up nice for an event or a special evening but is ok running around town in jeans, a hoodie, runners and a baseball hat. I don't wanna curl up on the couch and watch a movie with someone in dresspants and a collared shirt all the time, hoodies and such are much more cuddling friendly.

Oh, and I'm beginning to wonder if Altron doesn't fall slightly under some other umbrella along with metro...cause guys can SO be metro and still wear jeans and such...not levis usually but still jeans.

Guess I'm a happy medium... sorta... :kiss:

Altron

I dress nice when I'm going out.

Right now, I'm wearing slippers, plaid sweat pants, and a wrinkled plaid collared shirt (which is as far away from matching with the pants as possible), which I wore yesterday. My hair is all sticking up. I usually wear something like that while bumming around the house, except substitute a too-big T-shirt in the summer and a sweatshirt in the winter.

I'm not like obsessive or anything. I'll brush my hair in the morning, and several times during the day, but I don't go out of my way to find mirrors or shit like that.

BB

Fair play.

Is your hair kinda unruly?

It looked like it might be from that pic!

I guess i average halfway, but spend more time in the zones either side ... between charmingly roguishly scruffy .. and when needed ..smart or well turned out ...

i like the latter for it's occasionality .. sense of event etc ... and if you are going to do it, do it well ...

It's amazing the difference in me from not having shaved for a few days wearing whatever, to a good fresh wet shave and shower and evening wear ...

Altron

Fair play.

Is your hair kinda unruly?

It looked like it might be from that pic!

I guess i average halfway, but spend more time in the zones either side ... between charmingly roguishly scruffy .. and when needed ..smart or well turned out ...

i like the latter for it's occasionality .. sense of event etc ... and if you are going to do it, do it well ...

It's amazing the difference in me from not having shaved for a few days wearing whatever, to a good fresh wet shave and shower and evening wear ...

Yea, it gets unruly pretty easily. Spirit digs it when it's unruly, though :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm not like obsessive or anything. I'll brush my hair in the morning, and several times during the day, but I don't go out of my way to find mirrors or shit like that.

My hair is long AND I'm a girl and you brush your hair more than me...I brush mine in the morning and sometimes at night (if i wore it down that day I'll brush it and tie it back before bed, if i wore it in a ponytail I'll go to bed as is)...if I am going out somewhere in the evening I'll also brush it before I go.