brrrrrrrr

Leslie said:
It's not an ugly city. :( Just bad pics. It's a real pretty city.

I knew a girl like that. Beautiful, right up until anyone looked at her. But if you turned out all the lights, and didn't look, she was a real beauty.

Well right about that time, people,
A fur trapperWho was strictly from commercial
(Strictly Commershil)
Had the unmedicated audacity to jump up from behind my igyaloo
(Peek-a-Boo Woo-ooo-ooo)
And he started in to whippin' on my fav'rite baby seal

With a lead-filled snow shoe . . .

It's fucking cold. Went under 40F. Not that that's particularly cold, except it was 70F yesterday and everyone was wearing light jackets. Tonight I'm going to look for a warmer jacket. There's one upstairs but I can't wear it until Xmas, so I guess I'm just going to freeze my ass off for the next six weeks. At least I have these huge mittens...

Altron said:
It's fucking cold. Went under 40F. Not that that's particularly cold, except it was 70F yesterday and everyone was wearing light jackets. Tonight I'm going to look for a warmer jacket. There's one upstairs but I can't wear it until Xmas, so I guess I'm just going to freeze my ass off for the next six weeks. At least I have these huge mittens...

Your family does that too eh? "I know you know it's here, and I know you could use it now but you can not have it until Christmas"...my mom held my digicam hostage when she bought it for me 3 years ago...and she's currently holding my FABULOUS cowboy boots hostage :(

As far as I'm concerned, 28F is the perfect temperature.

We have some snow here now, I just hope it stays. A little more would be good too.

Nixy said:
Your family does that too eh? "I know you know it's here, and I know you could use it now but you can not have it until Christmas"...my mom held my digicam hostage when she bought it for me 3 years ago...and she's currently holding my FABULOUS cowboy boots hostage :(

She drags me out of bed before noon on a weekend to make me try it on because it's on sale, then buys it and puts it in her closet, then I am supposed to act surprised when she gives it to me on xmas. :)

But it is quite a nice jacket.

catocom said:
damn, it going down to 27F tonight, and I haven't checked the insulation on the pipes yet. :erm:

Shit!!! Thanks for reminding me
Tonight
Partly cloudy. Scattered flurries in the evening. Lows around 13. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Altron said:
She drags me out of bed before noon on a weekend to make me try it on because it's on sale, then buys it and puts it in her closet, then I am supposed to act surprised when she gives it to me on xmas. :)

But it is quite a nice jacket.

:rofl: My mom used to do shit like that too.

Winky said:
Well right about that time, people,
A fur trapperWho was strictly from commercial
(Strictly Commershil)
Had the unmedicated audacity to jump up from behind my igyaloo
(Peek-a-Boo Woo-ooo-ooo)
And he started in to whippin' on my fav'rite baby seal

With a lead-filled snow shoe . . .
"So I took the yellow snow and rubbed it into his eyes in a circular motion..."

chcr said:
:rofl: My mom used to do shit like that too.

Mine still does...I WANT MY BOOTS NOW *throws a tantrum*

Maybe I should go to her and be like "Mom, think of how many cowboys I could be picking up with those boots! You're cutting into my cowboy making out action!" I'm sure she'd be impressed...I prolly wouldn't get the boots AT ALL then :lloyd:

Nixy said:
Mine still does...I WANT MY BOOTS NOW *throws a tantrum*

Maybe I should go to her and be like "Mom, think of how many cowboys I could be picking up with those boots! You're cutting into my cowboy making out action!" I'm sure she'd be impressed...I prolly wouldn't get the boots AT ALL then :lloyd:
I don't care if my parents get me anything.
Santy Claus brings mine.

Reset the pool pump to run a few more hours last night. I could live without exploding PVC in the backyard.

HomeLAN said:
Reset the pool pump to run a few more hours last night. I could live without exploding PVC in the backyard.

Do you winterize the pool at all? Here, the pumps are pulled, drained and filled with antifreeze (plumbers) to prevent the seals from drying out. The hoses drained, and if they can't be pulled, they're antifreezed as well, and a dozen or so 2L soda bottles get chucked into the half drained pool to protect it agains frost heave.

No, it doesn't get cold enough here to justify that. If you keep the pump running from 8PM to 8AM, you're fine. The solar cover keeps it OK during daylight.

The exception to this is if it's going to get under and stay under about 20F. All you have to do then is run the pump 24/7. Of course, you have to be here to do that. The only time I had a pipe explode in that system was when we had a cold snap and got below 10F for a week. Happened to be the week I was in Florida, so we didn't set the pump to permanently run. Oops. The pipes around the pump assembly looked really pretty. Like an abstract ice sculpture.

Back