Dubya

madrin

ol' man said:
When one brings up Bush's dirt it only seems fair to bring up Clintons dirt and his administrations dirt also. Pretty damn scary too.

...not really, because previous adminstration dirt isn't relevant to what someone here is CLAIMING to be Bush dirt...the discussion was about ties existing in HIS case only.

There's plenty of dirt on Clinton, Gore, Reagan,Carter....and on and on and on...

but the interesting historical discussion is just about the Bush family...and some dubiously applied NAZI leadership history...

MADrin

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
flavio said:
I'm saying the current administration is using the same tactics that the Germans used to get support for the war.

The complainers are the American public not the administration. He's probably pissy about it but he's not on record. Half of "the people" are though,

ol' man

Squiggy said:
Bring it on ol'man. You're the coward who convenietly forgot to serve his country. Not me. :D

Yeah I conveniently forgot? As soon as I was 18 I registered with selective service. Besides someone with my talents need be designing bombs and such;)

ol' man

Squiggy said:
[attachment]113704[/attachment]

You know with your attitude it doesn't matter if you served or not. I spit on you. You are not an american you said your self you are anti-american. How can you be both.

I put you almost on the same level as this fellow below.

At least I would love the country I was serving.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. soldier was charged with two counts of premeditated murder in an incident in Kuwait where grenades were rolled into tents of fellow soldiers, the U.S. military said on Friday.

Sgt. Hasan Akbar, 32, assigned to the 101st Airborne Division in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, was charged on March 25 with two counts of premeditated murder, 17 counts of attempted murder, one count of aggravated arson and one count of misbehavior as a sentinel, a statement from Fort Campbell said.

So you were in nam?

You probably did more drugs and laid hookers than anything.

Maybe you were a cook? My stepfather was a vietnam vet also. Wow big deal. All he did was sit in his ship off the coast in South Central Asia. Never fired one round. Never saw one lick of action.

Why don't you clue us in to how much of a "vet" you are.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I never said I was anti American. Where the fuck did you get that from? Dreaming again, are we...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ol' man said:
So you were in nam?

You probably did more drugs and laid hookers than anything.

Maybe you were a cook? My stepfather was a vietnam vet also. Wow big deal. All he did was sit in his ship off the coast in South Central Asia. Never fired one round. Never saw one lick of action.

Why don't you clue us in to how much of a "vet" you are.

Official warning

Keep the personal attacks out.

ol' man

Squiggy said:
I never said I was anti American. Where the fuck did you get that from? Dreaming again, are we...

I wasn't dreaming when I read this. You don't remember this?

Squiggy said:
You're damn right I'm anti American. And I have a gun to my head right now so don't piss me off or I'll kill one.....
http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7438&highlight=anti+american

Whether you were kidding about being anti american is a different story. I can't tell.

Ardsgaine

flavio said:
I'm saying the current administration is using the same tactics that the Germans used to get support for the war.

Riiiiiiight. So in your analogy Bush is Hitler, and Saddam is... uh, Churchill?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
ol' man said:
Squiggy said:

I wasn't dreaming when I read this. You don't remember this?

Squiggy said:
You're damn right I'm anti American. And I have a gun to my head right now so don't piss me off or I'll kill one.....
http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7438&highlight=anti+american

Whether you were kidding about being anti american is a different story. I can't tell.

Thats pretty funny ol'man. You pull out an obvious joke post and pretend..... How can you NNOT tell its a fucking joke? The AMERICAN was me. I've had enough of you again ol'man. You attack ANYONE who even attempts to post something other than yay Bush.

madrin

..actually, Ards...those who quote the disinformation theory by H. Goering not only butcher it by leaving out the interogatory , but they also incorrectly attribute it as Nuremberg Tribunal testimony...

It is not....

Factually, Gilbert made a proper point, and it was not truly refuted by Goering because he had neither the experience of a representative government at his pinnacle of power, nor the public platform to front his theory....

The quote attributed to Goering is poorly and transparently used here...

MADrin

madrin

ol' man said:
You know with your attitude it doesn't matter if you served or not. I spit on you. You are not an american you said your self you are anti-american. How can you be both.

....I don't recall Squiggy actually claiming to be anti-American. In fact, I think it's his contention that he's about as "America lovin" as one can be....

..and while I thoroughly disagree with quite a bit of his historical perspective, and SOME of his political bent...

I'd bet everything I have, and anything I could mortgage, on his affinity for, and love of, his country....

MADrin

flavio

Banned
Ardsgaine said:
flavio wrote:

Now that's a pretty big stretch. Let's just stick to what i said...I don't really need creative interpretations.

madrin said:
those who quote the disinformation theory by H. Goering not only butcher it by leaving out the interogatory , but they also incorrectly attribute it as Nuremberg Tribunal testimony...

The quote came from the course of the proceedings if that is of interest.

Here's some background...

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/goering.htm

Ardsgaine

flavio said:
Now that's a pretty big stretch. Let's just stick to what i said...I don't really need creative interpretations.

You compared the actions of Bush in rallying us to go to war against Iraq to the actions of Hitler in rallying his country to go to war against Poland, France and Britain. If you don't think there is a qualitative difference there, then I'll stand by my interpretation. You're engaging in moral equivalence. The fact is, the US has been attacked.

It doesn't take any propaganda machine to convince us of that, the attacks are real. It's not about some wacked out belief that we're being denied territory that should rightfully belong to us because of some racial destiny. There is an ideology that dominates the middle east, and its advocates have declared war on us. We can confront them agressively, or we can twiddle our thumbs while they attack us with impunity. If you don't believe we're under attack, here's the tally.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Ards, if you're going to attack it agressively, we're in the wrong country. Your arguement collapses on itself when it reveals the names and origins of the guilty parties. Is Saddam a piece of shit? Of course he is. Does your reasoning lead us to Iraq? No way.

madrin

Flavio said:
The quote came from the course of the proceedings if that is of interest.

..yes, Flavio, Goering was quoted during the time of his captivity at Nuremberg, but it was not part of the tribunal testimony, and does not exist in tribunal transcript....many people consider it as such...it is not...

I had a look at the site you put up...interesting beyond the quote..thank you. It's also nice in that it includes the entire tract from that particular quote, which includes Gilbert's interogatory, which is important because in the context of historical fact he makes an important point when applied to Goering's tenure in the party...That he(Goering) makes the assertions is quite incongruent with his experience and juxtaposition with the propaganda minister(Goebbels) who employed a starkly different methodology to sway thr public...

Anyway, I've read the book, Nuremberg Diary, as well as , perhaps, 30-40 other tomes, some of which are nothing more than transcripts of the tribunal proceedings...

ND is quite an interesting and illuminating book...you might like it, Flav, if you haven't already read it...I think many people would be surprised at what they DON'T know about Germany, 1929-1945...and Gilbert draws an occasional conclusion that's not as comfortable as some would like....

MADrin

Ardsgaine

Squiggy said:
Is Saddam a piece of shit?

Any free country has the right to overthrow a dictator in another country, and the responsibility to do it if he is acting in ways that threaten its interests.

Does your reasoning lead us to Iraq? No way.

As I said in a different thread, if you need a connection between Iraq and the two primary terrorist-sponsoring countries, Iran and Syria, look at a map. This war is connected to the war on terrorism because it puts us in a strategic position to do something about those two countries; it sets an example of what the US is willing and able to do to defend ourselves; and it will, hopefully, create a country that will be a model for the populations of other countries in the region, particularly Iran where the people seem ready to take their country back from the clerics. The game is up for the terrorists of the middle east.

Just out of curiosity, would you have supported an invasion of Syria as part of the war on terror?

flavio

Banned
Ardsgaine said:
The game is up for the terrorists of the middle east.

That's wishful thinking.

Ardsgaine said:
if you need a connection between Iraq and the two primary terrorist-sponsoring countries, Iran and Syria, look at a map.

I guess we should invade any country that is conveniently located?

flavio

Banned
Ardsgaine said:
You compared the actions of Bush in rallying us to go to war against Iraq to the actions of Hitler in rallying his country to go to war against Poland, France and Britain. If you don't think there is a qualitative difference there,

Lots of differences. The comparison was about leaders getting the public to go along with a objectionable war.