Fuel Consumption/Car type

MrBishop

So..what do you drive and how is the fuel consumption.

I'm rolling around in a '99 Plymouth Voyager...
plymouth_voyager_2682568.jpg

City: City 13.4 L/100 km (21 mpg)
Hwy: Hwy 9.0 L/100 km (32 mpg)

HomeLAN

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T running a 5.7 liter hemi. I pull about 15.5 in town, about 22 on the highway.

She ain't cheap, but she's a hell of a lot of fun.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
'05 renault clio 1.6, the computer says:
City: 9.2l/100km (25.5mpg)
Highway: 5-6l/100km (~40mpg)

Kinda the same as this one, but in red and 4 door.
19.jpg

Professur

Haven't run the numbers since I fixed the Colt up. (cap, rotor, plugs and exhaust).
The missus drives the van. All city, so no info there.
And in all the time I've had the pickup, I don't think I've run more than 5 tanks of gas through it, as I was using the company truck all the time.

Sorry.

Dave

'04 Accord Coupe V6

i'm averaging around 26-27mpg in mixed driving. very few highway miles.

woodman19_99

'02 VW Passat 1.8L Turbo... not to sure about the city, as I have never really done to much real city driving with it. As for the highway, on my recent trip to VA from NJ, got just a hair under 30... on my trip to MA from NJ in the rain, it was about 26.

Professur

MrBishop said:

If I wanted, I could have pulled up factory specs, but considering that the youngest of my cars is 9 years old, and not one of them have done anything resembling "average annual driving", they'd hardly be realistic or relevant. Specially since the van is on Toyo winters and the Colt Blizzaks. Either one of them is gonna drop your milage by a minimum of 5mpg.

Real milage is simple. Fill the tank. drive about, with the trip odo running. When you fill up, only fill to the automatic stop on the pump (do I need to tell you to use the same pump?) Don't advance to the round dollar either. Note the volume bought (yes, you can buy gas by something other than the $5. I don't do it very often either). Note the reading on the trip odo. Reset it. (what I like to do is to write the milage right on the receipt (you do get a receipt, don't you?))
Repeat this two more times.
Now, take the milage, and divide it by the volume to get your milage per volume. Do this for each one. Then add all the milage, and divide it by all the volume. See how this compares to the individual milages. This helps point out "bad" weeks, like when there's more construction, or more stupid people on the road.

Putting any faith in what the manufacturer, Gov't agency, or magazine tell you is the average milage ..... well, that's up to you.

chcr

Too cute for words
'96 Contour, a little the worse for wear, 30 mpg city or highway. Note that in town I generally drive like an old woman.

Professur

chcr said:
'96 Contour, a little the worse for wear, 30 mpg city or highway. Note that in town I generally drive like an old woman.

I'm crushed. So much for my preconceptions.

highwayman

'99 Toyota Corolla...Gets 34 mpg on the freeway with the cruise set at at least 70. Impressive since it packs my fat ass around every day...

Altron

Haven't measured it recently, but for winter local driving, it was getting 11-12mpg. When I took it to NY, it got 15mpg.

Haven't tried it recently, at least not since I raised the tire pressure above atmospheric pressure.

There are numerous threads about my vehicle, so I assume everyone knows what it is. 77-90 GM B-platform with the 307! Yeah babeh!

chcr

Too cute for words
Professur said:
I'm crushed. So much for my preconceptions.
Trying to drive a car too fast in traffic no fun. BTW, I didn't say, but the bike gets rougly the same gas mileage. Pace, however, is not comparable. :D

TexasRaceLady

My fat-ass 01 Lincoln Town Car gets just a hair under 23 running around my little burg. On the highway --- and I rarely drive under 75-80, it will get about 25-26 mpg.

It would probably get 30 on the highway if I'd slow down. hehehe