Fuel Consumption/Car type

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
It will also vary some as the on-board computer gets used to your driving habits and adjusts to compensate.

Give it a month or 6 weeks before you take it as real.

Yeah if I thought 10.4L/100km was real I'd cry. It's fun cause from the time I leave work til I get home it usually drops atleast 0.1 so I look at my "fuel range" when I leave work and when I get home and sometimes it's actually increased, makes me feel like I gained something on the drive :D

Altron

My dad's Mazda gets about 25.

I ran out of gas today. Apparantly, when the gauge says 1/8th of a tank, it really means 'you have no gas'.
$66 for the 22 gallons to fill it up...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Altron said:
My dad's Mazda gets about 25.

I ran out of gas today. Apparantly, when the gauge says 1/8th of a tank, it really means 'you have no gas'.
$66 for the 22 gallons to fill it up...

If you're talking about the boat I'm not surprised...my dad's old truck has had the gas gauge gone for pretty much as long as I can remember. If you're talking about the Mazda then add something else to the reason I didn't but used.

Altron

The Mazda gauge works fine, thank you very much.
Why did he get a used car?
1 year old car with 9,000 miles = $19,000
Same car, except new with 0 miles = $28,000

Not to mention, the used one has an aditional 3 years longer warranty than the new one, because of the 'Used Mazda Certification Program' or something like that. Belive the new one has 5 years, the used one has 8 years.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Altron said:
The Mazda gauge works fine, thank you very much.
Why did he get a used car?
1 year old car with 9,000 miles = $19,000
Same car, except new with 0 miles = $28,000

Not to mention, the used one has an aditional 3 years longer warranty than the new one, because of the 'Used Mazda Certification Program' or something like that. Belive the new one has 5 years, the used one has 8 years.

Mazda has that much of a depreciation? Sheesh!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm looking at 1 yr old Sunfires with almost 15 000km (so 9000miles) and before tax they're $4500 less than what I paid for mine before tax (same add'l features...power this and that and ABS and such) and my car has more gadgets standard and thus is more expensive new that the sunfire would have been...so the one year old mazda has lost $9000 in value where as the sunfire has lost probably $4000 or less (I don't know what they were new but I know they were less than the pursuit is)

Altron

Nixy said:
Mazda has that much of a depreciation? Sheesh!

Well, what do you expect? They're owned by Ford, and you know what Fords are like...

*Note that his is the wagon version, which sells in much smaller volumes than the sedan. They only had two new and two used wagons in South Jersey, and they don't sell quickly. They marked it down to sell it and make room for the 2007s.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Altron said:
Well, what do you expect? They're owned by Ford, and you know what Fords are like...

*Note that his is the wagon version, which sells in much smaller volumes than the sedan. They only had two new and two used wagons in South Jersey, and they don't sell quickly. They marked it down to sell it and make room for the 2007s.

I know there's a 76 Ford in my garage that still runs and is worth more today (in regular working order, with a new paint jod and seat cover but not "done up" in anyway in terms of after market fancifying or even engine powerwashing) than it was when it was bought.

Inkara1

Nixy, keep in mind that depreciation is percentages. A new Mazda6 is more expensive than a new Pursuit, so although the raw numbers look like a much bigger depreciation for the Mazda, the percentages are closer to each other. Also, keep in mind that what the dealer paid at trade-in for each car is a lot less than they're trying to sell it for, and you're looking at the asking prices for the Sunfires while Altron told you the purchase price for the Mazda, which could be thousands of dollars less than the asking price depending on how good of a haggler the guy is.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Nixy, keep in mind that depreciation is percentages. A new Mazda6 is more expensive than a new Pursuit, so although the raw numbers look like a much bigger depreciation for the Mazda, the percentages are closer to each other. Also, keep in mind that what the dealer paid at trade-in for each car is a lot less than they're trying to sell it for, and you're looking at the asking prices for the Sunfires while Altron told you the purchase price for the Mazda, which could be thousands of dollars less than the asking price depending on how good of a haggler the guy is.

Well, if selling price of the sunfire was lower than the difference is even less :p

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Aunty Em said:
1997 Vauxhall Opal Corsa Breeze 1.4i 16v 5 speed

Urban 35mpg
Extra Urban 50-55 mpg
Combined 42-45mpg

And I do get that... Extra Urban is at a speed of 60 - 65mph in 5th gear.
Great little car for fuel consumption, very nippy in traffic... to the surprise of other drivers... :lol: although the new 1.2i is better with upwards of 60mpg on Extra Urban. It's very comfortable with longer front seatbelts than most and lots of legroom. Plus the boot will take a full size wheelchair and some shopping with no trouble. Quite remarkable as most small cars seem to lose out in that area and it was one of the things that sold me on it when I bought it. As you can now get an automatic transmission, I may go for another corsa when I need to buy my next car, it depends on what size mobility scooter I need when I can afford to get one. It will take one of the smaller ones easily... but that will be some time yet as there's still less than 19k on the clock.

Cute...but if you sneeze, do the windows blow out? :D

Chrysler 22mpg city/27mpg highway last I checked
Audi 27mpg city/29mpg highway last I checked...but that was also at 80MPH on the interstate...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
chcr said:
Drive like there's an egg between your foot and the gas pedal.

I do and my car's brand new so I am very careful not to break it cause I really don't want raw egg all over my new car :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
1992 Suburban 454 10/12

1999 Sebring Conv. 2.0 liter 24/28

1990 Mitsu Eclipse 1.8 liter 32/36

Aunty Em

Gato_Solo said:
Cute...but if you sneeze, do the windows blow out? :D

No they don't, cheeky sod.... :hmm:

Anyway, if my bank manager agrees tomorrow, I'm about to become a scooter babe...

Up to 35miles on a full charge, 2 speed (4mph/8mph with a following wind)... planet friendly and sugar free... a Harley it ain't but it's a step in the right direction and I get the wind in my hair... beat that you heathen! :p

Altron

Aunty Em said:
No they don't, cheeky sod.... :hmm:

Anyway, if my bank manager agrees tomorrow, I'm about to become a scooter babe...

Up to 35miles on a full charge, 2 speed (4mph/8mph with a following wind)... planet friendly and sugar free... a Harley it ain't but it's a step in the right direction and I get the wind in my hair... beat that you heathen! :p

So, how much torque does that thing put out?

I bet you could hit 10mph with glasspacks and sticky tires...

Aunty Em

Altron said:
So, how much torque does that thing put out?

I bet you could hit 10mph with glasspacks and sticky tires...

I have absolutely no idea, but I plan to customise it a bit.... :laugh: