Fuel Consumption/Car type

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Nixy said:
Down to 9.4L/100km (25 miles per gallon) :D

I was beginning to think this was it...today it went down to 9.2L/100km though (25.57 miles per gallon). Keep in mind I do mixed driving and the majority of ALL my driving is in traffic :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
k the GM site says my combined mileage should be about 8.3L/100km...hopefully it keeps dropping.

Dave

i had to scroll up to see what you were talking about.

your milage might improve as the motor gets broken in. takes a few thousand miles for everything to settle properly.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Dave said:
i had to scroll up to see what you were talking about.

your milage might improve as the motor gets broken in. takes a few thousand miles for everything to settle properly.

I'm at over 1300km now :eek5:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Nixy said:
k the GM site says my combined mileage should be about 8.3L/100km...hopefully it keeps dropping.

Add one and you get the real one ;)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
You're not doing "mixed" driving, by the looks of google earth most of the distance is at cruise speed.

Dave

HomeLAN said:
Yeah, the Dodge didn't really settle in until about 7k miles.

that quick with the Dodge. my last car (Subaru) took over 15k to feel settled in. the one before that (Ford) felt settled in before 10k.
must be an american car thing.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Luis G said:
You're not doing "mixed" driving, by the looks of google earth most of the distance is at cruise speed.

ahahaha cruise on the 401 in rush hour? It's North America's busiest highway. I don't cruise, I spend just as much time with my foot on the break as on the gas and a good 40min of my hour or so drive is not on the highway so lots of lights. I don't go right across the highway...that would take me 2 hours :eek5:

chcr

Too cute for words
Nixy said:
ahahaha cruise on the 401 in rush hour? It's North America's busiest highway. I don't cruise, I spend just as much time with my foot on the break as on the gas and a good 40min of my hour or so drive is not on the highway so lots of lights. I don't go right across the highway...that would take me 2 hours :eek5:
[Pedanticman] What about the "brake?" [/Pedanticman]

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Luis G said:
An average of 30km/h is almost cruising for me ;)

Well, if it was a constant 30 then it would be cruising...it's not cruising because it's stop and go...go 70 or 80 for a few min...slow to 20...stop for a min or so...it's not consistant