Gas Prices

Michael did great in San Marino
that sucka is fricken ancient (37)!

yeah the odd thing about the two race cars

the five oh makes 200 ponys and burns 12-15
the 2.5L SVT makes 195 and of course has to
spin nearly twice as fast to do it but...

if you stomp the stuffin' outta the SVT you really
do feel like an F1 driver and end burning less gas
than if you continually mash the Mustang

there is so no replacement for displacement

The ragtop Stang makes you feel like Don Garlits

Zoom brake turn Zoom

The SVT will go around corners harder than I can!

ah remnants of my mid-life crisis

(I never did get a hawt young mistress though, Damnit)

now all I wanna do is trade 'em for some stupid
two seater that gets ultra-high mileage, Boring!

oh I forgot

back when I first got the mustang
if you REALLY beat the hell out of it
you could drive the MPG all the way down to nine!

both of them are a bit the worse for wear
and I'd never do that to 'em now...

but I did get 137 out the 5.0
and the advertised 143 from SVT

back in the day
back in the day

Gonz said:
If nine cents profit puts big oil in the greedy corporate bad bastard sumbitch category, what does that say about the government which is taking about $.50/gallon profit?

Oh stop it. We all know you WUB you some overbearing gubmint. :laugh:

I'm getting 15, but 90% of my driving is stop and go. Get her on the highway and cruise, and she'll get 23. Not too bad for a big V-8.

I was getting less than 16 mpg, city driving, with my 2.5L subaru outback. Granted it's AWD which kills gas mileage, but something was wrong fo sho, took the pile to the dealership, got ass raped on labor, and now im getting 22 in the city, 28 highway.

rrfield said:
I was getting less than 16 mpg, city driving, with my 2.5L subaru outback. Granted it's AWD which kills gas mileage, but something was wrong fo sho, took the pile to the dealership, got ass raped on labor, and now im getting 22 in the city, 28 highway.
My only problem with my Sub Loyale was that the only place that had any clue how to work on them was the dealer, with their 9-4 garage. All the work I had done there was A-1, but it cost me a day off work every time.

Professur said:
My only problem with my Sub Loyale was that the only place that had any clue how to work on them was the dealer, with their 9-4 garage. All the work I had done there was A-1, but it cost me a day off work every time.

Yep, problem still exists. Call a shop "yeah, I've got a '97 suba..." click.

Gato_Solo said:
Do you get re-imbursed for gas, or do they pay you straight mileage for your home-visitations? ;)

Since SNP ignored your question I will answer for ya.

We both get straight mileage from our jobs. I get .38 a mile I think he gets .42.

When I was getting milage, I worked it out with the boss that I flat kilo'ed from the office, regardless of where I started. At first they didn't like it, since I usually live closer to my clients than the office is. But when I explained to them that if they didn't do it my way, I'd simply come into the office and punch in, and it would cost them the same anyways, and more in time, since I'd have the longer drive back. And that they actually were better off on the further away customers.

We also had (towards the end) a stepped payment, that paid more for the first couple of hundred Km. It was figured with a bias for the auto maintenance and insurance to the early kilos. Once past a certain amount, it was scaled back to only covering the cost of gas. That way, guys using their cars only once in a while, but still having to pay the extra insurance didn't get totally screwed.

When I was getting milage, I worked it out with the boss that I flat kilo'ed from the office, regardless of where I started. At first they didn't like it, since I usually live closer to my clients than the office is. But when I explained to them that if they didn't do it my way, I'd simply come into the office and punch in, and it would cost them the same anyways, and more in time, since I'd have the longer drive back. And that they actually were better off on the further away customers.

Can't legally do that here. If we did, I'd have to come up with a way to report the excess as income on your W-2 tax statement at the end of the year.

Welcome to the fucked up US tax rules.

HomeLAN said:
Can't legally do that here. If we did, I'd have to come up with a way to report the excess as income on your W-2 tax statement at the end of the year.

I know a lot of companies pay mileage from the office here even if you don't go there first. It just makes it easier on them and that way if you choose to live way out in the middle of nowhere it's your problem and you have to cover the extra mileage.

HomeLAN said:

What excess?

Back