Gas Prices

Professur said:
The blind leading the blind. How do they expect to charge the battery if they're not in a hydro-electric rich environment?

The gas powered smart cars can apparently make it from Toronto to Montreal and back on something like $10 worth of gas...great mileage but you'd be dead if you ever got in an accident...there's nothing to them!

Professur said:
My only problem with my Sub Loyale was that the only place that had any clue how to work on them was the dealer, with their 9-4 garage. All the work I had done there was A-1, but it cost me a day off work every time.
Interestingly, my bro-in-law has no problem getting his Forester worked on, if you can imagine that...

Nixy said:
The gas powered smart cars can apparently make it from Toronto to Montreal and back on something like $10 worth of gas...great mileage but you'd be dead if you ever got in an accident...there's nothing to them!

Wrong. Someone posted crash test footage here last month of one of them doing 40mph into a concrete block. Both doors openned without effort.

Professur said:
Wrong. Someone posted crash test footage here last month of one of them doing 40mph into a concrete block. Both doors openned without effort.

What do you think would happen if someone T-boned you though?

I've driven at least 750,000 miles and never
had to use the crush zone or airbag
on any car.

Using crash survivability as an excuse to get reamed
year after year for fuel costs is a thin excuse

unless...

So Nix you don't drive so good?

OK so maybe they're safe...but I still don't really have an desire to drive around in a clown car.

Oh, and I drive just fine. No accidents and no tickets.

Nixy said:
OK so maybe they're safe...but I still don't really have an desire to drive around in a clown car.

Oh, and I drive just fine. No accidents and no tickets.

And, as yet, no car and no experience.

Professur said:
And, as yet, no car and no experience.

I drive a nice bit...probably as much as my mom does and she owns the car! When I'm in Brampton that is. Last summer she said she burned almost twice as much gas as she did when I was living here...yet she didn't go any further than she normally goes. I've driven in bad weather, I've driven in good weather, and I've even driven in other provinces. Let's put it this way...my mom is comfortable taking a nap while she and I are the only ones in the vehicle and it's the middle of the night on a road I've only ever been on once before and I wasn't driving the first time I was on it (I was a passenger and going the opposite direction)...and that was almost 4 years ago so I've only gotten better since then. And a lot of the driving I did that night was through fog so thick I could barely see the tail lights of the guy ahead of me.

highwayman said:
You get what you pay for...IF I am involved in an accident I want to be in my F-250, alot of sheetmetal there...

The flip side of that being that, if the only people driving F-250s were people who actually need an F-250 ... you wouldn't need all that protection.

Professur said:
The flip side of that being that, if the only people driving F-250s were people who actually need an F-250 ... you wouldn't need all that protection.

In my area either you drive a pickup or you are not working...
Have you seen a car loose an argument with a truck? It's not pretty when the meat wagon is called in and the road is shut down until the investigation is done...

Winky said:
I've driven at least 750,000 miles and never
had to use the crush zone or airbag
on any car.

Using crash survivability as an excuse to get reamed
year after year for fuel costs is a thin excuse

unless...

So Nix you don't drive so good?

You ever hear of the other guy being an asshole? I haven't had an accident THAT WAS MY FAULT in a very long time. However, I got rear-ended about 2 years back. Nowhere to go. I did have enough space in front of me, though, that the 3 car chain reaction stopped with me. I truly do not know the answer to this, not trying to stir shit, but how well do those cars deal with a REAR-end impact?

Point is, plan for the accident no matter how good you are.

HomeLAN said:
You ever hear of the other guy being an asshole? I haven't had an accident THAT WAS MY FAULT in a very long time. However, I got rear-ended about 2 years back. Nowhere to go. I did have enough space in front of me, though, that the 3 car chain reaction stopped with me. I truly do not know the answer to this, not trying to stir shit, but how well do those cars deal with a REAR-end impact?

Point is, plan for the accident no matter how good you are.

My mom got rear ended last year...bad enough that immediately after she though worried about developing neck problems. She said the hit was hard enough that it felt like the guy was up in her trunk...the bumper didn't even dent :eek5:

Heck, anyone who follows the life and times of unc and tonks knows what a rear-ender can do, even to a tough truck.

Two F250s in an accident cause damage.

Two Prisms cause 2 deaths since neither is protected.

Of course, 2 F250s use enough gas for 8 Prisms.

Back