Global warming?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
jankerson said:
Yep. :bgpimp:

Good old Planet Earth was here a long time before man and well still be here long after man has gone the way of the Dinosaurs. :)

About 4 or 5 days longer the way I read it.

MrBishop

Professur said:
How many kids in your school had peanut allergies?
Before or after they decided that mixing in genes to peanut plants to make them more resistant to insects and increase their shelf-life was a good thing?

chcr

Too cute for words
Clearly, you forget that some of us live in the land of the free and the home of "teach a demonstrable myth as a viable scientific theory."

Watch the shit that starts. :D

jankerson

chcr said:
Clearly, you forget that some of us live in the land of the free and the home of "teach a demonstrable myth as a viable scientific theory."

Watch the shit that starts. :D

Now I am a Christian and I do believe in the Bible etc, but some scientific facts just can't be overlooked. :)

Professur

jankerson said:
Now I am a Christian and I do believe in the Bible etc,

Me too. Although I do have some difficulty with it's translations. It'd be interesting to see the original texts.

jankerson

Professur said:
Me too. Although I do have some difficulty with it's translations. It'd be interesting to see the original texts.

I think we all have that problem, I know I do personally. :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
"global warming" may be an overstatement,...and you're free to laugh yourselves silly over it, calling it a liberal quest for grant money. :rolleyes:

BUT

The increase in air pollution through the industrialization of third world countries, the increase of the number of cars and trucks on the ground and planes in the air, plus smokestacks pouring out whatever the fuck they want is NO joke. Whether is increases greenhouse gasses, cools the planet, warms the planet or doesn't touch the planet...the point is, it fucks us humans up, but good.

Ya want any indicators of what air pollution does? Google asthma stats, or emphysema stats etc etc...

Raise your hands if you remember this many kids having asthma when you were a kid. How many kids do you remember walking around with an inhaler in their pocket? How many now?

Surprisingly enough, I saw very few children in the "third world" with any of those problems...Only in the "first world". Wonder why that is? ;)

MrBishop

Gato_Solo said:
Surprisingly enough, I saw very few children in the "third world" with any of those problems...Only in the "first world". Wonder why that is? ;)
The power cords to their Nintendos don't reach far enough. :shrug: ;) :nerd:

highwayman

MrBishop said:
The increase in air pollution through the industrialization of third world countries, the increase of the number of cars and trucks on the ground and planes in the air, plus smokestacks pouring out whatever the fuck they want is NO joke. Whether is increases greenhouse gasses, cools the planet, warms the planet or doesn't touch the planet...the point is, it fucks us humans up, but good.

The industrial revolution started in the 18th century, and there have been polutants being pumped into the air since and with the increasing population the polution will increase... What do you sugest? Radical birth control or Genocide?

Professur

highwayman said:
The industrial revolution started in the 18th century, and there have been polutants being pumped into the air since and with the increasing population the polution will increase... What do you sugest? Radical birth control or Genocide?

Works for me.

Gato_Solo

highwayman said:

It was happening long before the industrial revolution. Mt St Helens put out more 'greenhouse gasses' in one eruption than the entire Western hemisphere put out in 50 years...and that's not counting the constant stream of 'pollutants' put out by the planet 24/7. If we went to 0% manmade pollutants today, we'd see less than a 1% drop in 50 years.

MrBishop

highwayman said:
How about a radical change in thinking? Lets have higher emission standards on our vehicles and make...not suggest...make industries actually give up some of their bottom line and filter the shit they're throwing out into the water and air.

Poor big industry will cry foul. How dare we cut into their multi-billion dollar profits with draconian laws that stop them from dumping megatons of carcinogens, carbon monoxide and other toxins into the air??!?

How will we ever compete with the Chinese with that kind of thinking??!?

FASCISTS!!!
COMMUNISTS!!!

..and then the politicians will cave.

I'm starting to like that Genocide idea... I vote that we start with Lawyers and politicians. :beardbng:

Professur

MrBishop said:
How about a radical change in thinking? Lets have higher emission standards on our vehicles and make...not suggest...make industries actually give up some of their bottom line and filter the shit they're throwing out into the water and air.

Poor big industry will cry foul. How dare we cut into their multi-billion dollar profits with draconian laws that stop them from dumping megatons of carcinogens, carbon monoxide and other toxins into the air??!?

How will we ever compete with the Chinese with that kind of thinking??!?

FASCISTS!!!
COMMUNISTS!!!

..and then the politicians will cave.

I'm starting to like that Genocide idea... I vote that we start with Lawyers and politicians. :beardbng:

Start by breaking the unions. That'll free up billions without touching the bottom line.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
Our children have the blessing of the combination of pressure treated lumber, air conditioner mould, carpet chemicals, chemicals all over furniture, cleaning chemicals, deodorants, perfumes, soaps, detergents and being cooped up chronically inside the soup by their soccer moms in airtight homes.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
Our children have the blessing of the combination of pressure treated lumber, air conditioner mould, carpet chemicals, chemicals all over furniture, cleaning chemicals, deodorants, perfumes, soaps, detergents and being cooped up chronically inside the soup by their soccer moms in airtight homes.

:grinyes:

My mom's mantra when I was a child was, and I quote, "Go outside and play!". This mantra was used anytime between daybreak and nightfall, anytime school was out for summer, and every week-end without fail.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
DOH!! I forgot paint and pets!!

Anyway, my urchins are outside rolling in all manner of crap as much as I can get them to be. They may look like they are, but at least they're not preserved by formaldehyde they're chronically breathing in.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
DOH!! I forgot paint and pets!!

Anyway, my urchins are outside rolling in all manner of crap as much as I can get them to be. They may look like they are, but at least they're not preserved by formaldehyde they're chronically breathing in.

I hope you bundled them up. That perma-frost in Toronto can cause no end of discomfort...:evilgrin: