Guess the Movie

HeXp£Øi± said:
I bet i could cheat and get this...but i won't.

Well, gee. It's been 22 hours and 35 minutes, so I guess I could go ahead and give it up. There's no one else guessing anyway... no use torturing those who are.

Want me to go ahead and tell it?

no that old?......

well, i'll try to guess......

when a man loves a woman?
a space odyssey?
godzilla? (the old one) :D

no?........ok, i knew it.

23 hours and 45 minutes... and the answer is...

The BIG Sleep![/siz]

Bogey and Bacall. :headbang:

Vivian (Bacall): You know, I don't see what there is to be cagey about, Mr. Marlowe. And I don't like your manners.
Sam Marlowe (Bogart): I'm not crazy about yours. I didn't ask to see you. I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them long winter evenings. And I don't mind your ritzing me, or drinking your lunch out of a bottle, but don't waste your time trying to cross-examine me.

I would have never known The Big Sleep, now I know why none of those quotes looked farmiliar! :)

Hex, this has to be some kind of military movie... or maybe a cop movie... Internal Affairs??

Internal Affairs..was that a guess? (never heard of it) Uh-uh.
xdanse.gif

Movie fact:

NBC's showing of ########## Sunday evening attracted an average of 40 million viewers during a three-and-one-half hour broadcast, a vindication for the network, which was uncertain how a black-and-white movie about ######### would play in prime time. The audience dwarfed the 25 million who saw the film in theaters during its release in 1993. The ratings (a 23.8 rating and a 34 share in the top 36 markets) were the best in six years for a TV movie shown during a February "sweeps," one of the periods when television stations set their ad rates.

The movie aired virtually uncut, despite nudity and profanity, and with minimal interruption. Ford, the sole sponsor, paid for a soft-sell, 50-second spot at the start of the broadcast and another 60-second ad at the end.

Movie fact:

Network brass were beaming today. "########## is a movie about tolerance, something that appears to be on the decline in our society," said a statement from Don Ohlmeyer, West Coast president, "so it's gratifying that last night's presentation seemed to be able to strike a chord with so many viewers. The overwhelming response to ######### is a clear indication that we as broadcasters should not be pressured into putting on bland, non-controversial programming to appease the over-zealous watch dogs who would like to control what the American public views.

Awards:
Oscar

Best Art Direction-Set Decoration

Best Cinematography

Best Director

Best Film Editing

Best Music, Original Score

Best Picture

Branko Lustig

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium

Oscar nominations:

Best Actor in a Leading Role

Best Actor in a Supporting Role

Best Costume Design

Best Makeup

Best Sound

BAFTA :

Best Actor Supporting

Best Adapted Screenplay

Best Cinematography

Best Editing

Best Film

Best Score

David Lean Award for Direction

Nominated:

Best Actor Leading

Best Actor Supporting

Boston Society of Film Critics Awards YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1993 Won BSFC Award Best Cinematography

Best Director

Best Film

Best Supporting Actor

British Society of Cinematographers YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1993 Won Best Cinematography Award

Chicago Film Critics Association Awards YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won CFCA Award Best Cinematography

Best Director

Best Picture

Best Screenplay

Best Supporting Actor

Cinema Audio Society, USA YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Nominated CAS Award Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Feature Film

César Awards, France YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1995 Nominated César Best Foreign Film (Meilleur film étranger)

Directors Guild of America, USA YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won DGA Award Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Motion Pictures

Golden Globes, USA YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won Golden Globe Best Director - Motion Picture

Best Motion Picture - Drama

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture

Nominated Golden Globe Best Original Score - Motion Picture

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture

Golden Screen, Germany YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won Golden Screen Golden Screen with 1 Star Grammy Awards YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1995 Won Grammy Best Instrumental Composition Written for a Motion Picture or for Television

Heartland Film Festival YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won Studio Crystal Heart Award

Humanitas Prize YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won Humanitas Prize Feature Film Category

London Critics Circle Film Awards YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1995 Won ALFS Award British Actor of the Year

Director of the Year

Film of the Year

Nominated ALFS Award Actor of the Year

Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1993 Won LAFCA Award Best Cinematography

Tied with Stuart Dryburgh for Piano, The (1993).
Best Picture

Best Production Design

MTV Movie Awards YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Nominated MTV Movie Award Best Breakthrough Performance

Best Movie

National Board of Review, USA YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1993 Won NBR Award Best Picture - English Language

National Society of Film Critics Awards, USA YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won NSFC Award Best Cinematography

Best Director

Best Film

Best Supporting Actor

New York Film Critics Circle Awards YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1993 Won NYFCC Award Best Cinematography

Best Film

Best Supporting Actor

Norwegian International Film Festival YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won Amanda Best Foreign Feature Film (Årets utenlandske spillefilm)

PGA Golden Laurel Awards YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won Motion Picture Producer of the Year Award

Political Film Society, USA YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won PFS Award Human Rights

Nominated PFS Award Exposé

Southeastern Film Critics Association Awards YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Runner(s) up SEFCA Award Best Picture

USC Scripter Award YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won USC Scripter Award

Writers Guild of America, USA YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s) 1994 Won WGA Award (Screen) Best Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published

Best Costume Design

Best Make Up Artist

Best Production Design

Best Sound

Back