• Tennessee Titans

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

rrfield

The Cardinals were never in Phoenix, even though they had a Phoenix name... they always played at Sun Devil Stadium (at Arizona State University) in Tempe... now they have a new stadium in Glendale.

Of course, then again, the LA Rams actually played in Anaheim... they used to share a stadium with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, back when they were the California Angels... but no one called them the Los Angeles Rams of Anaheim.

right, i was going with the name changes off the top of my head. Weren't the lions somewhere else once?

Oh yes, the Portsmouth Spartans.
New England Patriots used to be the Boston Patriots.
New York Jets were the New York Titans
Pittsburgh Steelers were the Pittsburgh Pirates.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Cardinals were never in Phoenix, even though they had a Phoenix name... they always played at Sun Devil Stadium (at Arizona State University) in Tempe... now they have a new stadium in Glendale.

Of course, then again, the LA Rams actually played in Anaheim... they used to share a stadium with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, back when they were the California Angels... but no one called them the Los Angeles Rams of Anaheim.

Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Glendale, et al is Phoenix. No matter what they say. Same goes for the entire LA metro region. Nobody in their right mind goes to La Habra.

BB

heh the Rams are 4-3 up coming off the back of their first back to back defeat ... necked with the Seahwawks - that's Seattle right...?

what is it top 2 go through to next round??

Seahawks 4 3 0
Rams 4 3 0
49ers 2 5 0
Cardinals 1 7 0

back in blighty our boys (the Rams) got a 93rd minute equalizer (it'a 90 min game! ) :grinyes: away at league leaders cardiff!!

unclehobart

(wiki NFL playoffs):
The tournament brackets are made up of six teams from each of the league's two conferences, the American Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC), following the end of the 16-game regular season:

The four division champions from each conference (the team in each division with the best regular season won-lost-tied record), which are seeded 1 through 4 based on their regular season won-lost-tied record.
Two wild card qualifiers (those non-division champions with the conference's best won-lost-tied percentages), which are seeded 5 and 6.
The 3 and the 6 seeded teams, and the 4 and the 5 seeds, face each other during the first round of the playoffs, dubbed the Wild Card Playoffs (the league in recent years has also used the term Wild Card Weekend). The 1 and the 2 seeds from each conference receive a bye in the first round, which entitles these teams to automatically advance to the second round, the Divisional Playoff games, to face the Wild Card survivors. In any given playoff round, the highest surviving seed always plays the lowest surviving seed . And in any given playoff game, whoever has the higher seed gets the home field advantage (i.e. the game is held at the higher seed's home field).

The two surviving teams from the Divisional Playoff games meet in Conference Championship games, with the winners of those contests going on to face one another in the Super Bowl.

If teams are tied (having the same regular season won-lost-tied record), the playoff seeding is determined by a set of tiebreaking rules.

rrfield

The name Gradkowski doesn't make me shake in my boots.

I'd still take him over Brad Johnson though (or Rex Grossman).

rrfield

remember this name.

Tarvaris Jackson

maybe not this week, maybe not this year.

but remember that name

and rub it in my face if hes a complete bust

BB

I have complete confidence in their ability to choke. :D

hah!

you wanna be a Derby fan! :D

we were going for the magnificient seven (seven wins on the trot) but got beat by a 89th min goal ...

still, can't complain!

so, who do you support Chic?

also - any news on the rams btw?