heathen savages...

Altron

Well, it appears that while I was parked at the train station that I use to take me to the weeklong summer program that I'm taking across the Delaware at Drexel, one or more degenerate cretins took the liberty of removing the Oldsmobile emblem from my tailgate.

Now, I'm inclined to take the liberty of removing their reproductive organs from their bodies with a tire iron, but I have no way of finding them.

Now, what is the best thing that I can do? I figure that it isn't worth calling the police or the insurance company. I'm assuming the best thing to do is look around scrap yards and such for an Olds emblem.

BTW, I know several of you are mechanics - If you find a big Oldsmobile emblem hanging around, like 2"x4" or so, get it and let me know, I'll buy it off you.

Now, I'm also interested in vandalism deterrent technology.
Is there an easy way to get magnetic/removable bumper stickers with pro-NRA sayings?

I found a few funny ones, but I don't know how to get them on my bumper.
http://www.keepersoflists.org/index.php?lid=112
http://www.thebumperbanner.com/guns.php

Any ideas?

Odds are it was children that did it. Bumper stickers are just gonna call attention to your car, and probably cost you a busted window one day as someone checks to see if they can steal the gun that might be in the glove box or under the seat. Remember, you're dealing with the lowest common idiot here.

I'll return it right away. I was using it to make a nuclear bomb. Sorry got to go. I am currently having some personal problems at the moment... See you in about, 20-30 years?

Professur said:
Odds are it was children that did it. Bumper stickers are just gonna call attention to your car, and probably cost you a busted window one day as someone checks to see if they can steal the gun that might be in the glove box or under the seat. Remember, you're dealing with the lowest common idiot here.

Good. I can get them before they spread their filth onto the next generation.

Keep an eye out for a new emblem though, alright.

I guess I'll just have to use some hardcore epoxy to put that bad boy on.

Altron said:
Good. I can get them before they spread their filth onto the next generation.

Keep an eye out for a new emblem though, alright.

I guess I'll just have to use some hardcore epoxy to put that bad boy on.

... Duct Tape

*edit*.... Post a picture of your face with an AK on the back of your car and write "Lil' Del Shady...Mothafucka
You'll scare off all the little kids

Olds used some sort of double sided cloth tape it looks like. You can see two gouge marks where they put the screwdrivers. Either the angle was wrong and they needed to move it, or it was two people.

My dad used to park in a public lot (one of the carpool ones by the highway) and every month like clockwork one of his hubcaps would go. Only one, every month.

You need a special tool in order to remove them . First you need to use a specially shaped hook to take the Olds emblem off the center, then you need to use a special wrench to unbolt it from the wheel, then you need a tire iron to pry it off.

If you just try to pry it off, you might be able to bend it, but you can't remove it. The tool isn't in the glove box, so breaking in won't help.

Leslie said:
My dad used to park in a public lot (one of the carpool ones by the highway) and every month like clockwork one of his hubcaps would go. Only one, every month.

So what happened after the fourth month?

We have a place here called "Pull-a-Part." It's a salvage yard where you can go in yourself and get what you need. Surely they have some up in your neck of the woods. They're usually pretty reasonable.

There are u pull it junk yards all over mybe they might have one...

A good deterent is a large and mean looking dog...

Altron said:
The tool isn't in the glove box, so breaking in won't help.
Well hopefully its in the car somewhere or your fucked if you need to change a tire. :laugh: You'd be surprised at how many people come into the shop to have us work on their tires/wheels ,only they have no idea where the locking key for the lugnuts are. :rolleyes:

I had the hood ornament stolen off of my 1983 Cadillac DeVille when I was in high school.

I replaced it with a Cris Carter Starting Lineup figurine.

Do the pick-a-part junkyards there charge admission like the ones in Fresno do? A trick I learned from the ex-wife's family is to steal a small car part and smoggle it out in a pants pocket or something as a way of sticking it to the man... especially since they charge admission whether you find the part you need or not and you can't call ahead of time to see if they have the part because they don't keep any sort of actual inventory list.

Inkara1 said:
Do the pick-a-part junkyards there charge admission like the ones in Fresno do? A trick I learned from the ex-wife's family is to steal a small car part and smoggle it out in a pants pocket or something as a way of sticking it to the man... especially since they charge admission whether you find the part you need or not and you can't call ahead of time to see if they have the part because they don't keep any sort of actual inventory list.
Yes, but it's refunded as part of the purchase price if you buy something. You're paying for a provided service though, why would you then steal?

AB, that's not quite the same thing. At the pull a part yards, they have a list of cars online and you go pull the part yourself. They're significantly cheaper than regular salvage yards.

The ones in Fresno don't refund admission as part of the purchase price. The ones near Paso Robles don't charge admission, and the one in Atascadero didn't either until the city got it shut down because those bastards didn't want the creek that bordered it on two sides to be polluted anymore.

A.B.Normal said:
Well hopefully its in the car somewhere or your fucked if you need to change a tire. :laugh: You'd be surprised at how many people come into the shop to have us work on their tires/wheels ,only they have no idea where the locking key for the lugnuts are. :rolleyes:

Of course it's in the car. It's just not where they expect it to be.

Can't find the emblem on the site linked. I can get the whole tailgate for like a hundred fifty, but I don't need the whole tailgate, just the emblem.

Back