Horrible.

Aunty Em

You were getting some. They aren't.

Nope, wrong. I've always been competitive - no guy is as good as me - and having brothers I've never had any illusions about the way men think and behave.

Romance is for the birds... friendship/companionship... now THAT lasts.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Knowing how to interpret the beautiful and proper Southern Highlands dialect, which both of you need to learn how to do.

Next?

Professur

Sunshine, I learned the Queen's English, and I'll die talking that, thank you very much. Bad enough 2 of my three talk with an Atlanta accent, and the third can apply it whenever she's trying to piss me off.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
The truest purest Elizabethan dialect in America is spoken by the Melungeons of Hancock County, TN, just about an hour from here.

Inkara1

Naw... Aaron the Lazy Sports Reporter just has to cover girls golf, girls tennis and boys water polo today, then drive three hours to cover freshman, JV and varsity football (against possibly the top team in the entire state) tomorrow, then get pictures of youth soccer and youth football in the morning before heading half an hour south to cover the local high school girls volleyball team in a tournament.

Aunty Em

Naw... Aaron the Lazy Sports Reporter just has to cover girls golf, girls tennis and boys water polo today, then drive three hours to cover freshman, JV and varsity football (against possibly the top team in the entire state) tomorrow, then get pictures of youth soccer and youth football in the morning before heading half an hour south to cover the local high school girls volleyball team in a tournament.

You like driving then?

*wonders if he understands the way us Essex folks speak...

Error

Banned
lol...the entire topic of this thread has been forgotten.. and reading the last like 10 posts I'm thinking... what the hell are they talking about.

I love it. :D

BlurOfSerenity

i know totally how you feel, error. i dated a guy for almost two years, he was my first real love. we broke up, and both started dating other people pretty soonafter... but the difference was that he was actually over me, and i wasn't really over him, i was just rebounding hard because i didn't want to be alone (which ended up being a really bad idea). we tried to still be friends, but the night we we hung out with some other friends and i heard him talking on the phone with his new gf, i had a breakdown. he was telling her he loved her and cared for her and being all mushy and stuff... and part of why he and i had broken up was because he didn't do that stuff for me and i was sick of trying to win his attention and affection! it hurt sooooooo bad.
but like everyone else has said... time will go on, you are young, and your best years lie ahead. i'm not much older than you are, i turned 21 in march, and i will say, i've definitely felt how you're feeling, and you will get over him. it may take a while... it took me a couple of years to get over my ex. but try to think of lessons you learned from the relationship, and try to move onward. most people do not stay with their first love forever. it's part of life. it hurts, but that's just how it is.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Sunshine, I learned the Queen's English, and I'll die talking that, thank you very much. Bad enough 2 of my three talk with an Atlanta accent, and the third can apply it whenever she's trying to piss me off.

That's hilarious! They picked it up just from two vacations eh?

P.S. I need your new work number. I have something to chat with you about and I was gonna call you in the morning but I dunno how to reach you at work.

Error

Banned
Just as an update... I talked to him tonight and he broke up with his girlfriend... I couldn't help but grin ear to ear lol... I tried not to.. I really did.