It's official

2minkey

bootlicker
apparently it's the war on everyone gonz doesn't like. the net just keeps getting wider and wider. hey, how about you, personally, fund it?

spike

Right after I wrote this, I got in the shower & realized I made a horrible mistake but didn't have tome to correct it.

Go back to the U.S. Embassy in Tehran

So they stopped? You didn't here about attacks on the US Embassy in Baghdad or Serbia. I heard something about roadside bombs too.

Cerise

look dude, just meditate on the ketchup analogy for a few weeks.

Heinz-Kerry??

Her?

112747.jpg

or........

Him??

image633034x.jpg

2minkey

bootlicker
i would have been far better off having not seen those pictures. i think you just hurt me in ways that may not surface for years.

i'm not a big advocate of cosmetic surgery, but kerry really needs a face tightening. and perhaps a loosening somewhere else.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So they stopped? You didn't here about attacks on the US Embassy in Baghdad or Serbia. I heard something about roadside bombs too.

War-time acts in as war zone against an opposing army is not the same as attacks against a civilian population.

spike

I see, attacks against Navy ships count but against Army tanks don't.

The embassy in Tehran counts but attacks against the embassy in Greace or Serbia in the last year or so don't count.

Our own intelligence agencies have stated that the Iraq invasion has increased terrorism, but that doesn't count.

The pentagon says that Bush was wrong us when he repeatedly told us that Saddam and Al Qaida were connected but that doesn't count. Iraq was hardly major center for terrorism but somehow you still swallow this War on Terror bullshit.

You're kinda reduced to cherry picking and grasping at straws now in denial. I imagine that that's frustrating when the only other option is to be honest and admit you've been wrong this whole time.

2minkey

bootlicker
gonz has already conceded at least a couple times in various threads that the AQ-iraq link is unsubstantial, but he's consistently tried to redirect and act like there were plenty of other reasons to attack iraq. such as the WMD. though he's been unable to successfully fend off attacks questioning the reality of that as well. so then it becomes the free-for-all, or, rather, free-for-gonz as we've seen in a couple places in this thread already.

it's all good though. the rest of the world loves to watch america behave like a chimp or the schoolyeard bully, who will pick on julio for the moment, because he can't find juan, who forget to turn over his lunch money earlier in the day. but, hey, they're both kinda brown. they must be in cahoots.

someday, when americans realize that even the french are laughing at us, perhaps the embarrassment will prompt some re-thinking.

maybe.

nah.

that would be too hard. and then the french won't just laugh at our lack of sophistication. they'll also be able to rightfully call us pussies.

Cerise

It's official: Libs once again seek to undermine U.S. government's ability to effectively fight war on terror by presenting cherry picked, anonymous leaks in the media in advance of the release of information they don't want the public to know:

Captured Iraqi documents have uncovered evidence that links the regime of Saddam Hussein to regional and global terrorism, including a variety of revolutionary, liberation, nationalist and Islamic terrorist organizations.

While these documents do not reveal direct coordination and assistance between the Saddam regime and the al Qaeda network, they do indicate that Saddam was willing to use, albeit cautiously, operatives affiliated with al Qaeda as long as Saddam could have these terrorist-operatives monitored closely. Because Saddam's security organizations and Osama bin Laden's terrorist network operated with similar aims (at least in the short term), considerable overlap was inevitable when monitoring, contacting, financing, and training the same outside groups.

This created both the appearance of and, in some way, a "de facto" link between the organizations. At times, these organizations would work together in pursuit of shared goals but still maintain their autonomy and independence because of innate caution and mutual distrust. Though the execution of Iraqi terror plots was not always successful, evidence shows that Saddam’s use of terrorist tactics and his support for terrorist groups remained strong up until the collapse of the regime. http://a.abcnews.com/images/pdf/Pentagon_Report_V1.pdf

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/03/the_new_report_on_iraq_and_ter.asp

http://www.nysun.com/article/72906?page_no=1

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/03/14/saddam-supported-at-least-two-al-qaeda-groups-pentagon/

spike

Once again the administration wants to censor info.

Pentagon Report on Saddam's Iraq Censored?

March 12, 2008 1:58 PM
ABC News' Jonathan Karl Reports: The Bush Administration apparently does not want a U.S. military study that found no direct connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda to get any attention. This morning, the Pentagon cancelled plans to send out a press release announcing the report's release and will no longer make the report available online.

The report was to be posted on the Joint Forces Command website this afternoon, followed by a background briefing with the authors. No more. The report will be made available only to those who ask for it, and it will be sent via U.S. mail from Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Virginia.

It won't be emailed to reporters and it won't be posted online.

Asked why the report would not be posted online and could not be emailed, the spokesman for Joint Forces Command said: "We're making the report available to anyone who wishes to have it, and we'll send it out via CD in the mail."

Another Pentagon official said initial press reports on the study made it "too politically sensitive."

ABC News obtained the comprehensive military study of Saddam Hussein's links to terrorism on Tuesday. Read the report's executive summary HERE.

The study, which was due to be released Wednesday, found no "smoking gun" or any evidence of a direct connection between Saddam's Iraq and the al Qaeda terrorist organization.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/rapidreport/2008/03/pentagon-report.html

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I've repeatedly called BS on the Al Qaeda/Iraq connection (and I seriously don't recall that ever being a serious connection from teh administration either). Saddam did have connections to terrorism, in general.

The WMDs were well known in the world community.

12+ years after the Kuwait thing & our planes were still getting shot at-it was time.

Oh, the difference between the French & the Americans...the French were kicked out of Algeria.

Cerise

i would have been far better off having not seen those pictures. i think you just hurt me in ways that may not surface for years.

i'm not a big advocate of cosmetic surgery, but kerry really needs a face tightening. and perhaps a loosening somewhere else.

I believe that "Reporting for Duty" photo was from his botox days.

But actually, there's a song that goes "Gravity never sleeps" or something like that.....

kerry_hardy.jpg

Cerise

So it is readily available to anyone who asks for it.

Maybe they do it through the USPS so they can keep a list of names. :brow:

2minkey

bootlicker
Here's the list from the U.S. State Department; and that' just through 2003:

Significant Terrorist Incidents, 1961-2003: A Brief Chronology

yes, this certainly looks like a serious terrorist incident:

Ambassador to Japan Attacked, July 30, 1969: U.S. Ambassador to Japan A.H. Meyer was attacked by a knife-wielding Japanese citizen.

HOLY SHIT! we better bomb them japanezers too! alert the media! alert gonz!

:lol2:

every petty street crime is a terrorist act!

better build more bunks at gitmo.

"wow, cousin timmy, there's just so much to be afraid of in this world. maybe we should just stay here and hide under the bed."

spike

Cheney had to open his big mouth again and link 9/11 to Iraq.

But Vice President Dick Cheney gave an upbeat view of conditions in Iraq as he concluded his unannounced trip to mark the fifth anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion. Cheney also defended the toppling of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein as part of the struggle against terrorism following the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

This month, an exhaustive Pentagon-sponsored review of more than 600,000 Iraqi documents captured during the 2003 U.S. invasion found no evidence that Saddam's regime had any operational links with the al Qaida terrorist network.

But Cheney, who spent the night at a sprawling U.S. base in the northern town of Balad, told soldiers they were defending future generations of Americans from a global terror threat.

"This long-term struggle became urgent on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001 . That day we clearly saw that dangers can gather far from our own shores and find us right there at home," said Cheney, who was accompanied by his wife, Lynne, and their daughter, Elizabeth.

"So the United States made a decision: to hunt down the evil of terrorism and kill it where it grows, to hold the supporters of terror to account and to confront regimes that harbor terrorists and threaten the peace," Cheney said. "Understanding all the dangers of this new era, we have no intention of abandoning our friends or allowing this country of 170,000 square miles to become a staging area for further attacks against Americans."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20080318/wl_mcclatchy/2883358