It's official

spike

Cheney today:

Raddatz: Two-thirds of Americans say it’s not worth fighting, and they’re looking at the value gain versus the cost in American lives, certainly, and Iraqi lives.

Cheney: So?

Raddatz: So — you don’t care what the American people think?

Cheney: No, I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls. Think about what would have happened if Abraham Lincoln had paid attention to polls, if they had had polls during the Civil War. He never would have succeeded if he hadn’t had a clear objective, a vision for where he wanted to go, and he was willing to withstand the slings and arrows of the political wars in order to get there. And this President has been very courageous, very consistent, very determined to continue down the course we were on and to achieve our objective.

2minkey

bootlicker
I clicked the "QUOTE" button on his post and the quote is as posted by him sans the bolding. How can that be a misquote? I'm sure you meant "misinterpretation", no?

by ripping it out of context, you are effectively misquoting him... clinging to an unrepresentative, tiny piece - the little chunk you happen to like - of something. that seems to be a pattern with you. doesn't exactly produce a full picture of what's going on, does it?

Cerise

Cheney today:

So?!?! Cheney doesn't put up with lib sass!!

To finish:

And this President has been very courageous, very consistent, very determined to continue down the course we were on and to achieve our objective. And that's victory in Iraq, that's the establishment of a democracy where there's never been a democracy, it's the establishment of a regime that respects the rights and liberties of their people, as an ally for the United States in the war against terror, and as a positive force for change in the Middle East. That's a huge accomplishment.

There are millions of people all over the Middle East that have bet on America; that have been willing, for example, in Afghanistan, to participate in elections, to serve in their parliament, to get elected President, to sign up for the Afghan security forces. Same thing in Iraq. These are people that put their lives on the line every single day, and they're there because the United States is there, because we've made the commitment, because we've chipped in and sent our own forces to participate in this enterprise. And all of that goes up in a puff of smoke when the United States quits; when we decide all of a sudden, well, it's too tough; we're going to pack our bags and go home. That's not the way you achieve the change we're trying to achieve here.

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/story/BWIRE.20080319.20080319005962/GIStory/

Cerise

No, shit. The majority of Iraqis have wanted us to "leave immediately" for years, but he's gonna act is if it's all about their FREEDOM.

If you care so much about them why would you continuously completely ignore what they want?

Freedom :laugh:

AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1-vi.jpg

Survey Said:

Poll suggests Iraqis 'optimistic'
More than 50% of Iraqis think their lives are good, more than at any time in the last three years, a survey says.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/14_03_08iraqpollmarch2008.pdf

Al-Maliki Said:

"Iraq cannot be anything but strong, unified and active in the surrounding region. It will not be isolated," the Shiite leader said a speech broadcast on state television. "As Iraq has triumphed over terrorism, it will triumph in the international arena."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=4488757

spike

Survey Said:

Poll suggests Iraqis 'optimistic'
More than 50% of Iraqis think their lives are good, more than at any time in the last three years, a survey says.

Interesting that it's only about 50% even when you only go back 3 years.

So any explanation why you don't like to pay attention to what the Iraqis want?

jimpeel

by ripping it out of context, you are effectively misquoting him... clinging to an unrepresentative, tiny piece - the little chunk you happen to like - of something. that seems to be a pattern with you. doesn't exactly produce a full picture of what's going on, does it?

I did not "rip it out of context". I asked him to elaborate and asked if he was saying what it sounded like he was saying. He doesn't need you to hold his hand.

He answered the question HERE and I am satisfied with that answer.

Cerise

Who was interviewing him?

Dick Cheney doesn't put up with crap from whiney lib reporters like Martha Raddatz. Hence Cheney's response "So?" You can see from the entire interview he tolerates her----barely.

spike

Who was interviewing him?

Dick Cheney doesn't put up with crap from whiney lib reporters like Martha Raddatz. Hence Cheney's response "So?" You can see from the entire interview he tolerates her----barely.

Try and spin it all you want. He clarified that the "so" was directed at the majority of Americans, not her.

2minkey

bootlicker
I did not "rip it out of context". I asked him to elaborate and asked if he was saying what it sounded like he was saying. He doesn't need you to hold his hand.

He answered the question HERE and I am satisfied with that answer.

if you'd bothered to read the prior text to spike's quote you would never have asked the question.

i wasn't holding his hand so much as pointing out that you tend to read what you wanna read.

jimpeel

if you'd bothered to read the prior text to spike's quote you would never have asked the question.

i wasn't holding his hand so much as pointing out that you tend to read what you wanna read.

If I only read what I wanted to read I wouldn't have asked for a clarification. I would have just gone off on him. I asked, he answered. Case closed.

Cerise

Nope, it's pretty damn clear.

There's no spin about it.

He was using "So?" as an inquiry, asking her to explain her point. When she did with "So.....you don't care about what the American people think?" he answered her in the next paragraph with "No, I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls..."

Read what is written in black and white, not what you think is between the lines.

spike

I read what is written in black and white and it is clear that he does not care what the American people think.