It's Palin ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Sponsored the “Higher Education through Pell Grant Expansion Act”.
2. Co-sponsored the “Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act” proposed by John McCain.
3. Amended the “Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act” proposed by Arlen Specter.
4. Supported the “Secure Fence Act” to build fences and other security along the Mexican border.
5. Introduced the “Lugar-Obama” initiative expanding a previous initiative to reduce the threat of conventional weapons.
6. Was the primary sponsor of the “Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act,” which was signed into law December 22, 2006.
7. The “Coburn-Obama Transparency Act” would create a web site listing all organizations receiving federal funding from 2007 onward. It would provide a breakdown of which agencies gave out funds, what organizations received funds, and what the funds were used for.
8. He joined Russ Feingold in passing a bill to strengthen legislation regulating legigslators’ travel on corporate jets.
9. Along with Charles Schumer he passed a bill to criminalize deceptive practices in federal elections including fraudulent flyers and automatic phone calls.
10. Co-sponsored a bill on climate change with John McCain to reduce greenhouse gases by 2/3 by 2050.

His accomplishments in the private sector:
1. Headed a non-profit organization assisting churches to organize job training programs.
2. After receiving his law degree magna cum laude from Harvard, he directed a Chicago area voter registration drive.
2a. He was elected Harvard Law Review’s first “black” president.
3. As an attorney with with Miner, Barnhill & Galland from 1993 to 1996, he represented community organizers, discrimination claims, and voting rights cases.
4. He was a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School from 1993 until his election to the Senate in 2004.
5. He has authored 2 books: The first was “Dreams from My Father,” a memoir of his childhood and early career. The audio book earned a Grammy for Best Spoken Word Album. His second book, “The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream” has been on the New York Times Best Seller List for 30 weeks.

So he submitted two significant bills that became law in one term in the senate, said "I support this" to a couple of others, was a "community organizer," practiced some law and wrote a couple of books. Man, is that ever a huge body of work for us to draw conclusions from.

1. Sponsored the “Higher Education through Pell Grant Expansion Act”.
2. Co-sponsored the “Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act” proposed by John McCain.
3. Amended the “Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act” proposed by Arlen Specter.
4. Supported the “Secure Fence Act” to build fences and other security along the Mexican border.
5. Introduced the “Lugar-Obama” initiative expanding a previous initiative to reduce the threat of conventional weapons.
6. Was the primary sponsor of the “Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act,” which was signed into law December 22, 2006.
7. The “Coburn-Obama Transparency Act” would create a web site listing all organizations receiving federal funding from 2007 onward. It would provide a breakdown of which agencies gave out funds, what organizations received funds, and what the funds were used for.
8. He joined Russ Feingold in passing a bill to strengthen legislation regulating legigslators’ travel on corporate jets.
9. Along with Charles Schumer he passed a bill to criminalize deceptive practices in federal elections including fraudulent flyers and automatic phone calls.
10. Co-sponsored a bill on climate change with John McCain to reduce greenhouse gases by 2/3 by 2050.

His accomplishments in the private sector:
1. Headed a non-profit organization assisting churches to organize job training programs.
2. After receiving his law degree magna cum laude from Harvard, he directed a Chicago area voter registration drive.
2a. He was elected Harvard Law Review’s first “black” president.
3. As an attorney with with Miner, Barnhill & Galland from 1993 to 1996, he represented community organizers, discrimination claims, and voting rights cases.
4. He was a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School from 1993 until his election to the Senate in 2004.
5. He has authored 2 books: The first was “Dreams from My Father,” a memoir of his childhood and early career. The audio book earned a Grammy for Best Spoken Word Album. His second book, “The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream” has been on the New York Times Best Seller List for 30 weeks.

The resume of a community organizer. It's funny that a Canuck is the only one capable of showing a thing about his rescord, weak as it is.

Looks good to me. I know you're not even a fan of McCain's record.

Why would you think only a Canuck was capable?

Here's a question for you. Is being pregnant or having an STD at 16 a reward, then?

Poor choice of words. He should've said "unwanted pregnancy" instead of baby.

I see. So what he should have said was "If my daughters make a mistake, I don't want them to be punished with an unwanted pregnancy."? That sounds soooooo much better.

He said what he said. He can't unring that bell. It made national news.

Cerise posted the exact quote and you said he never said that and it had been proven false "over and over". You need to get a new source of information that does not make you look foolish when you post to the boards.

What I found, sunshine..all over Goog, was examples of sites that said that that quote was a scam, and not one example of a news organization (not even Fox), quoting it as real.
You figured that a statement that weighty would've been far easier to find on BBC, NBC, CBS, FOX etc etc...at least ONE of them!

An assumption...based on research made on the spot. The conclusion should've been that "It wasn't important enough of a statement to make the news"

Which basically, it wasn't.

And yeah. Punished with an unwanted pregnancy. Punished with having to make the decision at 14-16 years old as to whether to keep the baby, give it up for adoption, or abort. None of which are pleasant decisions for the pregnant girl or the one who got her that way.

This is how "I" feel about Palin......

CALL ME OLD FASHION!

Yes, im glad a woman has come thus far and can maybe someday be President of the United States. BUT!!!!!
Women do have alot of emotional issues (more then men). Its just our nature!!! Not to think about hormonal also.
I'm sorry, but I don't think a woman should be a President or a V.President.
Im sure alot of you gals out their would hate me for saying that, but, like i said....call me old fashion.

Runs and hides now.....................:errrr:

Back to topic.

Why didn't the Republican party demand a better VP Candidate? It's not like there weren't any better choices for VP. More experience, better known, more contacts etc...

Or is it a matter of "McCain's our guy, he chose her..therefore we must support her UNILATERALLY and COMPLETELY."

Do any of the Rep supporters here actually think that she was the best of the available choices?

He said what he said. he must have ment it all. :laugh:

Not even close to what Obama said. Is there something in your BDS-related post that says the President considers pregnancy a "penalty" for not understanding values and morals and that is why he supports abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back