Kiddies' spinoff of thread 'Hasta la Vista'

Cerise

Re: Hasta la Vista

Well, let's see if you've got a valid complaint in the first place, shall we?

Sorry Cerise. I'm seeing absolutely noting in there that in any way violates the AUP that you, Inky and everyone else agreed to. Indeed, he seems to have gone out of his way to avoid making that post a personal attack on anyone, least of all you. Not that I expect any less from a professional journalist.

Oh, no, no, no, noooooo. It was never my intent to officially complain about an AUP violation. I just think that there is never a time to direct such language at another person. :shrug:

I would think that a professional journalist would have a better vocabulary from which to choose.....

Professur

Indeed. That's not how you phrased your reply to Nixy.

But then, then entire problem we're discussing revolves entirely around how responses are phrased, isn't it? About how some people have difficulty allowing any validity to any post made by their 'opponents' ... even off the 'field of battle' as it were.

Cerise

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I know it's "just words," but directing a string of expletives at another person, especially from a man to a woman is abusive. I'm not speaking as if it's a crime, but I feel it's still abuse by any definition. I imagine he's a very nice person in person, and would certainly never yield to the temptation if the setting wasn't in the context of the internet.

Professur

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I know it's "just words," but directing a string of expletives at another person, especially from a man to a woman is abusive. I'm not speaking as if it's a crime, but I feel it's still abuse by any definition. I imagine he's a very nice person in person, and would certainly never yield to the temptation if the setting wasn't in the context of the internet.

And once again, you make some distinction between man and woman. What proof have you supplied Inky that you`re a double X in the first place, if I may be so bold as to inquire? What virtue entitles you to any preferential behavior on anyone's part at all, based on your gender? If inky's not supposed to treat you the same as any man, what special behavior do you offer as compensation?

Frankly, half the population of this site is female, and I`ve never spared any of them my tongue, and they've never cowed from an argument simply because of the weight of a pair of tits. Indeed, they've never failed to give as good as they got. I'll be surprised to hear that they haven't pounded you with bad karma for trying to use estrogen as a shield.

A few decades back, countries were being dragged to court by wimmens for the crime of treating them different. They won the right to be treated just like men. Don't like it? Go yell at your grandma, it's her fault, not Inky's

2minkey

bootlicker
should i submit proof of gender too? i gots a copying machine at work. i could plop my weener across the glass and mail in the image. okay great just lemme know where to send it.

Professur

Only if you want special treatment based on it. A small enough wick may qualify you for not getting sworn at.

Stop Laughing

Hey all, it's been fun, but I ain't coming back here no more. I had a rant to post after trying to catch up and seeing what's happened to this place I used to love hanging out in, but the new attitude here has taken any ounce of enjoyment here for me anymore. So long. I'll still hang out elsewhere. ;)