No favortism towards Islam, huh

* "The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
* "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
* "One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
* "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
* "The future will be better tomorrow."
* "We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
* "We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."
* "Public speaking is very easy."
* "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
* "We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
* "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
* "Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
* "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
* "It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."
* "I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

"In the horrific story of Passover, we have a case of God allegedly committing mass murder of innocents. In Exodus 10:24 we find Moses called before Pharaoh, who said, "Go, worship the Lord...women and children go with you...leave your (livestock)...behind." In 10:25-26 Moses argues they need the animals for sacrifice to God, in 10:27 God "hardened Pharaoh's heart" thus preventing him from doing the very thing He commanded Pharaoh to do. Over a bunch of sheep and cattle, God allegedly committed mass murder of the innocent "first born" just to prove a point."

"God destroyed the Earth in Noah's Flood. Well, it says clearly in scripture that it was a result of not one person doing good on the Earth and all thinking and doing evil (minus Noah). "

"The sixth commandment reads, "Thou shalt not kill" (Ex. 20:13). The God who mandates this is also the God who ordered the total annihilation of the Canaanites (Deut. 7:16), so this verse cannot legitimately be interpreted as a defense of pacifism." "What is murder, biblically speaking? It is the slaying of a human being by someone who has not been authorized to do so as a covenantal agent ...the authorization to execute a transgressor under the Mosaic covenant was ordained by God and revealed in His law."

Winky said:
Dear Abby:

My husband is a liar and a cheat. He cheated on me from the beginning, and
when I confront him, he denies everything. What's worse, everyone knows
he cheats on me. It is so humiliating.

Also, since he lost his job four years ago he hasn't even looked for a new
one. All he does is buy cigars, play golf, cruise around, and shoot the
breeze with his pals, while I have to work to pay the bills.

Since our daughter graduated from college he doesn't even pretend to like
me and hints that I am a lesbian. What should I do?

Signed, Clueless

Dear Clueless:

Grow up and dump him. For Pete's sake, you don't need him anymore. You're
a United States Senator from New York. Act like it.

:rofl: But, wasn't that a bit "off topic?"

Winky said:
Moosey's good
Christians Bad

Osama freedom fighter

Billary in oh eight

Cant say I agree with any of that. Not all Muslims are good, not all Christians are bad. Osama isnt a freedom fighter, and I will vote McCain in 08 ;)

:rofl: Love the Dear Abby thing tho :D

chcr said:
Doubt if you'll have the chance.

I do have hope, I was pissed when he pulled out in 00. I was about to vote him and he dropped just before the elections. This time I think he might stay in

flavio said:
Your quest to classify and degrade an enormous group of people based on nothing more than the religion they were born into is ridiculous. People are individuals.

But these individuals follow a religion whose holy book calls for your death and mandates permanent warfare against the world until worship is for Allah only.

freako104 said:
How do you figure he was the poster boy for it? Did you study the actual history of Islam or get all your answers from anti Muslim sites?

As far as all the verses suiting your needs, you seem to disregard the ones that talk about forgiveness, Allah being merciful et al. And Christianity has similar verses including ones on Hell. So why would Jesus want that? Now as far as reasons go, almost all religions have problems with other religions. Pagans, I am ashamed to admit, killed Christians in the old days, Christians killed Pagans during the middle ages as well as Jews. So why didnt they "love the neighbour as thyself"? I have yet to see any kind of "kill the infedel" unless it is out of context since contextually I have seen it to say defend yourself not kill others. But I guess you can avoid that thought process since you "learned everything about Islam on 9/11" rather than reading up on it and asking questions.

Mohammed was the poster boy because he was the original gangsta thug. But how do you think that 'anti-muslim sites' would benefit by twisting their information? Or in the least taking verses out of context...

I haven't seen any about Allah being forgiving, but I did read something about Islam being "peaceful:"

Tabari VIII:104 “Peace to whoever follows the right guidance! To proceed; Submit yourself, and you shall be safe.’”

Ishaq:326 “If they ask you for peace on the basis of Islam (submission), make peace on that basis. Be of one mind by His religion.”

Ishaq:316 “In peace you are wild asses—rough and coarse. And in war you are like women wearing corsets. But I care not so long as my hand can grasp my trusty blade.”

As for religion against religion it is one against another, but the quran advocates one against ALL OTHERS.

The Other One said:
Mohammed was the poster boy because he was the original gangsta thug. But how do you think that 'anti-muslim sites' would benefit by twisting their information? Or in the least taking verses out of context...

I haven't seen any about Allah being forgiving, but I did read something about Islam being "peaceful:"

Tabari VIII:104 “Peace to whoever follows the right guidance! To proceed; Submit yourself, and you shall be safe.’”

Ishaq:326 “If they ask you for peace on the basis of Islam (submission), make peace on that basis. Be of one mind by His religion.”

Ishaq:316 “In peace you are wild asses—rough and coarse. And in war you are like women wearing corsets. But I care not so long as my hand can grasp my trusty blade.”

As for religion against religion it is one against another, but the quran advocates one against ALL OTHERS.

Simple. the Anti Muslim sites take the Qu'aran, only canonise the parts to suit their needs to "expose" the religion. Again the Qu'aran does NOT advocate that, in fact it refers to Jews and Christians as Brothers of the Book, and they acknowledge that they worship the same god, the God of Abraham. If you havent read anything about Allah being forgiving then you should really read the Qu;'aran itself. It starts each chapter with Allah most mericful; Most beneficious. Also I posted where it says that if they repent that they are forgiven. But you opted to either ignore it or disregard it since it doesnt suit your needs.

The Other One said:
But these individuals follow a religion whose holy book calls for your death and mandates permanent warfare against the world until worship is for Allah only.

If that was true then my friend would have killed me by now as would other Muslims be killing in the DC Area, here in NC, and everywhere. The extremists arent the only ones who kill for their god, other religions do so. And most are not violent people. So perhaps the Qu'aran does not actually call for it.

freako104 said:
If that was true then my friend would have killed me by now as would other Muslims be killing in the DC Area, here in NC, and everywhere. The extremists arent the only ones who kill for their god, other religions do so. And most are not violent people. So perhaps the Qu'aran does not actually call for it.
:lol: Stop confusing folks with with your gosh-darned reality, freako.

flavio said:
Not that it's their responsibilty but here you go...

Statements from leading Muslim leaders, condemning the terrorist attacks of September 11th

* Organization of the Islamic Conference, Doha, Qatar. October 10th, 2001: (representing 56 Muslim nations)
"These terrorist acts contradict the teaching of all religions and human and moral values."
*"Terrorists are mass murderers, not martyrs", states Shaykh Hamza Yusuf.
*"Bin Laden's Violence is a heresy against Islam", states Abdul Hakim Murad
*Muslim scholar Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi denounced the attacks against civilians in the U.S.
*Sheikh Mohammed Sayyed al-Tantawi of Al-Azhar, the highest institution in Sunni Islam, warned that those who attack innocent people will be punished by Allah, in his weekly sermon to thousands of worshippers in Cairo. "Attacking innocent people is not courageous, it is stupid and will be punished on the Day of Judgment," the moderate Sheikh Tantawi said at Al-Azhar mosque. "It's not courageous to attack innocent children, women and civilians. It is courageous to protect freedom, it is courageous to defend oneself and not to attack," he said.
* "Hijacking Planes, terrorizing innocent people and shedding blood constitute a form of injustice that can not be tolerated by Islam, which views them as gross crimes and sinful acts." Shaykh Abdul Aziz al-Ashaikh (Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia and Chairman of the Senior Ulama, on September 15th, 2001)

more...

I'm sure you would had found it pretty easy had you asked them. Not many people were before though. How is it all Muslims responsibilty to defend their religion just because some lunatics do crazy things. Did Catholics around the world get a bad rap for not springing to their own defense after the Omagh bombing?

:rofl4: That's a good one...If I'd asked them...:rofl4:

1. How come those are the only ones you could find? Looks like the 'nigh impossible' was right on the money...
2. Where were these folks between 1972 and 2002? Surely you can't mean to justify your shakey position on a few quotes taken out of context.
3. When Christians do those types of things, they aren't branded heroes, and their acts aren't celebrated in the streets by handing out candy to children.

flavio said:
Hell no, there are many different types of christians. Some sects (like Protestants and Catholics still heavily use the Old Testament, some sects ignore half the book and publish bibles only containing the New Testament, some sects are extremist, and just because some christian kills in god's name doesn't mean suddenly all the christians suddenly need to defend their religion.

See my points above.

Catholics don't use the Old Testament as much as you think. They have the Catechism to follow.

flavio said:
There are many different types of Muslims...traditionalism, modernism, and and many forms of revivalism, shia, sunni, etc. Even within these types you can't stereotype too much either any more than you could say all Catholics are exactly the same.

But...as I've said...there aren't celebrations in the streets when Catholics/Christians/Jews do those kind of acts. They are condemned not only by the press, but by the leaders of their respective faiths.

Gato_Solo said:
1. How come those are the only ones you could find? Looks like the 'nigh impossible' was right on the money...
Those were the first ones I found with very little effort. I guess it's just what you consider "nigh impossible" I see as "easy and painless".

2. Where were these folks between 1972 and 2002? Surely you can't mean to justify your shakey position on a few quotes taken out of context.
What exactly is my "shaky position"? That the great majority of Muslims are good peaceful people? ...and please point out the stements that you've proven "out of context".

When Christians do those types of things, they aren't branded heroes, and their acts aren't celebrated in the streets by handing out candy to children. [/q]

You sure? Nobody celebrated any of this?

Really, these sound like some serious parties...

"Jerusalem conquered 7/15/1099 more than 60,000 victims (Jewish, Muslim, men, women, children). [WW37-40]
In the words of one witness: "there [in front of Solomon's temple] was such a carnage that our people were wading ankle-deep in the blood of our foes", and after that "happily and crying for joy our people marched to our Saviour's tomb, to honour it and to pay off our debt of gratitude.""

and..

"The Archbishop of Tyre, eye-witness, wrote: "It was impossible to look upon the vast numbers of the slain without horror; everywhere lay fragments of human bodies, and the very ground was covered with the blood of the slain. It was not alone the spectacle of headless bodies and mutilated limbs strewn in all directions that roused the horror of all who looked upon them. Still more dreadful was it to gaze upon the victors themselves, dripping with blood from head to foot, an ominous sight which brought terror to all who met them. It is reported that within the Temple enclosure alone about ten thousand infidels perished."

Catholics don't use the Old Testament as much as you think. They have the Catechism to follow.
Catholics use the Old Testament exactly as much as I think they do.

They are condemned not only by the press, but by the leaders of their respective faiths.
I see...you mean just like these peuple did.

freako104 said:
Simple. the Anti Muslim sites take the Qu'aran, only canonise the parts to suit their needs to "expose" the religion.

But those sites aren't making anything up are they? That you don't like the way they expose the evils of Islam doesn't change the fact that they are quoting directly from the koran.

Again the Qu'aran does NOT advocate that, in fact it refers to Jews and Christians as Brothers of the Book, and they acknowledge that they worship the same god, the God of Abraham.

Sure, what's not to like about the way the koran refers to Jews and Christians:

Qur’an 5:51 “Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends. They are but friends and protectors to each other.”

Qur'an 9.30 "And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Qur'an 9:29 "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His
Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the
People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel
themselves subdued."

Qur’an 5:72 “They are surely infidels who blaspheme and say: ‘God is Christ, the Messiah, the son of Mary.’ But the Messiah only said: ‘O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’”

Ishaq:240 “The Jews are a nation of liars.... The Jews are a treacherous, lying, and evil people.”

Tabari VIII:130 “The Messenger said during his final illness, ‘Two religions cannot coexist in the Arabian Peninsula.’ Umar investigated the matter, then sent to the Jews, saying: ‘Allah has given permission for you to be expelled; for I have received word that the Prophet said that two religions cannot coexist in Arabia.”

Tabari VII:97/Ishaq:368 “We carried Ka’b’s head and brought it to Muhammad during the night. We saluted him as he stood praying and told him that we had slain Allah’s enemy. When he came out to us we cast Ashraf’s head before his feet. The Prophet praised Allah that the poet had been assassinated and complimented us on the good work we had done in Allah’s Cause. Our attack upon Allah’s enemy cast terror among the Jews, and there was no Jew in Medina who did not fear for his life.’”

Tabari VII:97 “The next morning, the Jews were in a state of fear on account of our attack upon the enemy of Allah. After the assassination, the Prophet declared, ‘Kill every Jew.’”

Bukhari:V4B52N177 “Allah’s Apostle said, ‘The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. “O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him.”’”

So you really believe that the Lord Jesus Christ and Allah, the ancient pagan moon god, are one in the same? You believe that when Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) he really meant “Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah.”(Qur’an 8:39) or “Fight them so that there is no more rebellion, and religion, all of it, is for Allah only. Allah must not have rivals.”(Ishaq:324)?

If you havent read anything about Allah being forgiving then you should really read the Qu;'aran itself. It starts each chapter with Allah most mericful; Most beneficious. Also I posted where it says that if they repent that they are forgiven. But you opted to either ignore it or disregard it since it doesnt suit your needs.

I should really read the koran---Allah is forgiving, merciful and beneficent???? Are those the words your buddy used to suck you into Islam?

Isn't Allah 'most merciful and beneficent' only to those who believe? Looks like it's a drag to be an unbeliever:

Qu'ran 9:68 Allah has promised the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women and the unbelievers the fire of hell to abide therein; it is enough for them; and Allah has cursed them and they shall have lasting punishment.

Let's be fair to freaks buddy. Give him a chance to point out where the Q'ran petitions love & honesty, peace & harmony between all men. Turn the other cheek type stuff.

flavio said:
Those were the first ones I found with very little effort. I guess it's just what you consider "nigh impossible" I see as "easy and painless".

I use google, and none of that was front-page. Silly me. I should've gone to page 2,000, right? :rolleyes:

flavio said:
What exactly is my "shaky position"? That the great majority of Muslims are good peaceful people? ...and please point out the stements that you've proven "out of context".

Nope. That the statements are taken out of context. When you find the entire text of said statements, and post the source, you'll have something. Until then, you have nothing to stand on, Mr. Kerry.

flavio said:
You sure? Nobody celebrated any of this?

Really, these sound like some serious parties...

"Jerusalem conquered 7/15/1099 more than 60,000 victims (Jewish, Muslim, men, women, children). [WW37-40]
In the words of one witness: "there [in front of Solomon's temple] was such a carnage that our people were wading ankle-deep in the blood of our foes", and after that "happily and crying for joy our people marched to our Saviour's tomb, to honour it and to pay off our debt of gratitude.""

and..

"The Archbishop of Tyre, eye-witness, wrote: "It was impossible to look upon the vast numbers of the slain without horror; everywhere lay fragments of human bodies, and the very ground was covered with the blood of the slain. It was not alone the spectacle of headless bodies and mutilated limbs strewn in all directions that roused the horror of all who looked upon them. Still more dreadful was it to gaze upon the victors themselves, dripping with blood from head to foot, an ominous sight which brought terror to all who met them. It is reported that within the Temple enclosure alone about ten thousand infidels perished."

Catholics use the Old Testament exactly as much as I think they do.

I see...you mean just like these peuple did.

Nice one. Too bad about the date, right? Islam has been around almost as long as Christianity. We outgrew such reprehensible acts, and roundly condemn those who did them. Once again, your argument proves misleading at best. You need some serious help with your debating if that's the best you can come up with...

Gato_Solo said:
Nope. That the statements are taken out of context. When you find the entire text of said statements, and post the source, you'll have something. Until then, you have nothing to stand on, Mr. Kerry.
So which statements do you think are taken out of context? What is it that makes you thinik they are Mr. Goenad?

If you're on the page I posted with the quotes you'll notice that many of the quotes are blue and underlined. Those are links and if you click on them with your mouse you'll find they usually take you to the entire text.

Nice one. Too bad about the date, right? Islam has been around almost as long as Christianity. We outgrew such reprehensible acts
When did christians outgrow it? The last couple months or something?

and roundly condemn those who did them.
I see...like the muslim leaders.

Once again, your argument proves misleading at best....
What's misleading exactly?

Back