No favortism towards Islam, huh

freako104 said:
So basically because I quoted directly from the Qu'aran I am an apologist? Besides that the Jihad is within. Or it is supposed to be. You claim to have all this knowledge if Islam, yet all I have seen you post on it stems from ignorance.

a·pol·o·gist Audio pronunciation of "apologist" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pl-jst)
n.

A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.

It would be of great value in the next 50 or 60 years of your life if you'd wake up and realize unless you want to convert to Islam---indeed, if you haven't already---or unless conversion isn't necessary to begin with---you need to stand up against it. Not embrace it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591023076/ref=nosim/002-2652386-4747218?n=283155

http://www.geocities.com/ibniblis/

http://www.geocities.com/ibniblis/jihad.html

I'll bet you can find these quotes in your copy of the quran:

Bukhari:V1B2N25 “Allah’s Apostle was asked, ‘What is the best deed?’ He replied, ‘To believe in Allah and His Apostle Muhammad.’ The questioner then asked, ‘What is the next best in goodness?’ He replied, ‘To participate in Jihad, religious fighting in Allah's Cause.’”

Noble Qur’an 2:190 Footnote: “Jihad is holy fighting in Allah’s Cause with full force of numbers and weaponry. It is given the utmost importance in Islam and is one of its pillars. By Jihad Islam is established, Allah’s Word is made superior (which means only Allah has the right to be worshiped), and Islam is propagated. By abandoning Jihad Islam is destroyed and Muslims fall into an inferior position; their honor is lost, their lands are stolen, their rule and authority vanish. Jihad is an obligatory duty in Islam on every Muslim. He who tries to escape from this duty, or does not fulfill this duty, dies as a hypocrite.”

Qur’an 4:78 “Wherever you are, death will find you, even if you are in towers strong and high!..."

Everything I need to know about Islam I learned on 9-11.

freako104 said:
The same can be said about the Bible or for that matter almost any religious writing. And I have seen nothing in my copy of the Qu'aran that calls for the killing of "infidels" or non Muslims. It does say to defend self from those that are attacking though that would be different.

Maybe you should take off the ol' rose colored glasses before you turn a page:

Bukhari:V4B51N73 “Allah’s Apostle said, ‘Know that Paradise is under the shade of swords.’”
Qur’an 8:7 “Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: ‘Wipe the infidels out to the last.’”
Qur’an 8:39 “So, fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam.”
Ishaq:204 “‘Men, do you know what you are pledging yourselves to in swearing allegiance to this man?’ ‘Yes. In swearing allegiance to him we are pledging to wage war against all mankind.’”
Ishaq:471 “We are steadfast trusting Him. We have a Prophet by whom we will conquer all men.”
Qur’an 5:33 “The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive after corruption, making mischief in the land [those who refuse to surrender to Islam] is murder, execution, crucifixion, the cutting off of hands and feet on opposite sides, or they should be imprisoned. That is their degradation and disgrace in this world. And a great torment of an awful doom awaits them in the hereafter. Except for those who repent (and become Muslims) before you overpower them and they fall into your control.”

flavio said:
Here's an example of Christians wanting "to conquer and convert the world, by the sword if necessary".

But it's possible that Islam is the only religion where the followers are commanded in the scriptures to do it for their prophet. That is the difference.

flavio said:
.....but there has not been one Muslim attempt to push their ideas on me

May I suggest they will not knock on your door ;)

4.78 said:
[4:78] Wherever you are, death will catch up with you, even if you live in formidable castles.

Misquotes & false information help nobody but the opponent.

http://www.memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=992

The Middle East Media Research Institute
12/16/2005 Clip No. 992
Saudi Professor of Islamic Law Abd Al-Aziz Fawzan Al-Fawzan Calls for "Positive Hatred" of Christians

Following are excerpts from an interview with Saudi Professor of Islamic Law Dr. Abd Al-Aziz Fawzan Al-Fawzan, which aired on Al-Majd TV on December 16, 2005.

Dr. Abd Al-Aziz Fawzan Al-Fawzan: Someone who denies Allah, worships Christ, son of Mary, and claims that God is one third of a trinity – so you like these things he says and does? Don’t you hate the faith of such a polytheist who says God is one third of a trinity, or who worships Christ, son of Mary?"

Someone who permits and commits fornication - as is the case in Western countries, where fornication is permitted and not considered a problem – don't you hate this? Whoever says, "I don't hate him, is not a Muslim, my brother.[...]

This is not racism, my brother. We don't hate a polytheist because of his color, gender, blood, country, or because he is American, European, Chinese, or Asian. They are our partners in humanity. An American Muslim may be better Allah's view than all the Arabs.[...]

But if this person is an infidel – even if this person is my mother or father, God forbid, or my son or daughter - I must hate him, his heresy, and his defiance of Allah and His prophet. I must hate his abominable deeds. Moreover, this hatred must be positive hatred. It should make me feel compassion for him, and should make me guide and reform him.

Stop taking things out of context, damn you TOO!
Look, he says he wants to feel compassion and guide and reform the lost soul.
He's an OK guy. He's just a little cranky over the Iraq thing.
You need to try to understand their position, and until you can you're not qualified to comment on the situation.
BWAHAHAHA!

Gonz said:
Misquotes & false information help nobody but the opponent.

Main Entry: tower
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: column
Synonyms: belfry, castle, citadel, cloud buster, column, fort, fortification, fortress, high rise, keep, lookout, mast, minaret, monolith, obelisk, pillar, refuge, skyscraper, spire, steeple, stronghold, turret
Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)
Copyright © 2006 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Castle-tower-skyscraper

The Other One said:
a·pol·o·gist Audio pronunciation of "apologist" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pl-jst)
n.

A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.

It would be of great value in the next 50 or 60 years of your life if you'd wake up and realize unless you want to convert to Islam---indeed, if you haven't already---or unless conversion isn't necessary to begin with---you need to stand up against it. Not embrace it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591023076/ref=nosim/002-2652386-4747218?n=283155

http://www.geocities.com/ibniblis/

http://www.geocities.com/ibniblis/jihad.html

I'll bet you can find these quotes in your copy of the quran:

Bukhari:V1B2N25 “Allah’s Apostle was asked, ‘What is the best deed?’ He replied, ‘To believe in Allah and His Apostle Muhammad.’ The questioner then asked, ‘What is the next best in goodness?’ He replied, ‘To participate in Jihad, religious fighting in Allah's Cause.’”

Noble Qur’an 2:190 Footnote: “Jihad is holy fighting in Allah’s Cause with full force of numbers and weaponry. It is given the utmost importance in Islam and is one of its pillars. By Jihad Islam is established, Allah’s Word is made superior (which means only Allah has the right to be worshiped), and Islam is propagated. By abandoning Jihad Islam is destroyed and Muslims fall into an inferior position; their honor is lost, their lands are stolen, their rule and authority vanish. Jihad is an obligatory duty in Islam on every Muslim. He who tries to escape from this duty, or does not fulfill this duty, dies as a hypocrite.”

Qur’an 4:78 “Wherever you are, death will find you, even if you are in towers strong and high!..."

Everything I need to know about Islam I learned on 9-11.

Wherever you are, death will find you out even if you are in towers built up big and strong and high! If some good befalls them, they say, "This is from Allah; but if bad falls upon them they say, "This is from you O Prophe." Say all things come from Allah. But what has come to these people that they fail to understand a single fact?

Everything I learned, I asked to a friend of mine who is a practicing Muslim and from the Qu'aran, and from people giving their views on it. You only learned from one thing. And even then you didnt bother to try to differentiate the terrorists or extremsits from the rest of the population.

The Other One said:
Maybe you should take off the ol' rose colored glasses before you turn a page:

Bukhari:V4B51N73 “Allah’s Apostle said, ‘Know that Paradise is under the shade of swords.’”
Qur’an 8:7 “Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: ‘Wipe the infidels out to the last.’”
Qur’an 8:39 “So, fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam.”
Ishaq:204 “‘Men, do you know what you are pledging yourselves to in swearing allegiance to this man?’ ‘Yes. In swearing allegiance to him we are pledging to wage war against all mankind.’”
Ishaq:471 “We are steadfast trusting Him. We have a Prophet by whom we will conquer all men.”
Qur’an 5:33 “The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive after corruption, making mischief in the land [those who refuse to surrender to Islam] is murder, execution, crucifixion, the cutting off of hands and feet on opposite sides, or they should be imprisoned. That is their degradation and disgrace in this world. And a great torment of an awful doom awaits them in the hereafter. Except for those who repent (and become Muslims) before you overpower them and they fall into your control.”

Qua'ran 8:7
Behold! Allah promised you one of the two enemy parties, that it should be yours; you wished that the one unarmed should be yours, but Allah willed to justify the Truth according to His words and to cut off the roots if the Unbelievers.

Qua'ran 8:39
And fight on untl there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, Allah see all that they do

Qu'aran 5:33
The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and his Messenger and strive with might and main fir mischief through the land is; execution or crucifiction, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land:that is their disgrace from the world and they have a heavy punishment in the Hereafter.

Qu'aran 5:34
Except for those who repent before they fall into your Power: in that case know Allah is Oft-forgiving. Most Merciful

The Other One said:
But it's possible that Islam is the only religion where the followers are commanded in the scriptures to do it for their prophet. That is the difference.
Looks like Freako has made it pretty obvious that you should follow your own advice and stop taking things out of context.

May I suggest they will not knock on your door ;)
One point for them. Coincidently today, not too long after I typed that, a Jehovah's Witness came to my door. When I didn't answer they left me a little pamphlet called "Life in a Peaceful New World".

Apparently "The whole earth will eventually be brought to a gardenlike paradise stae" and "no longer will people be crammed into huge apartement buildings".

But..."there are requirements to be met if we are to live forever in the coming paradise on earth. We must take in the knowledge of the only true God, learn his will, and do it. For only the righteous themselves will possess the earth."

It doesn't say what happens to the non-christians that are just kind, generous, upstanding citizens. Sounds like they're screwed though.

Keep on a quoting passages from books
but if the Moosey's start a blowin' themselves
up in yer grocery stores, resturants and strip malls
don't go a blamin' Jesus!

Winky said:
Keep on a quoting passages from books
but if the Moosey's start a blowin' themselves
up in yer grocery stores, resturants and strip malls
don't go a blamin' Jesus!

Why would one blame Jesus if the attacker or terrorist is Muslim based? Same if the terrorist is Christian based, why blame the Qu'aran et al? I cant make sense of that post

That's OK I don't where you've been since 9-11

Or why Religion is even mentioned in regards
to terrorism, guess everyone believes the news

hey let's blame Israel!?!

or sumthin'

never mind, we now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

freako104 said:
Qu'aran 5:33
Quote:
The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and his Messenger and strive with might and main fir mischief through the land is; execution or crucifiction, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land:that is their disgrace from the world and they have a heavy punishment in the Hereafter.

It looks to me the verses are one in the same although the versions you quote are a little more bloody---Tell me please: why does Mohammed want the punishment for those who "strive with might and main for mischief through the the land" to be death and dismemberment?

The Other One said:
It looks to me the verses are one in the same although the versions you quote are a little more bloody---Tell me please: why does Mohammed want the punishment for those who "strive with might and main for mischief through the the land" to be death and dismemberment?

Looks like you chose the only one to suit your needs. The Bible has similar verses. So I would say probably for the same reason Paul would have said the same thing. Jesus would have been against it the same as Muhammed would

Winky said:
That's OK I don't where you've been since 9-11

Or why Religion is even mentioned in regards
to terrorism, guess everyone believes the news

hey let's blame Israel!?!

or sumthin'

never mind, we now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

Probably because the majority of all terrorist attacks, Muslim based or otherwise are almost always guised under religion though are politically motivated. Some messages from Al Qaeda have been about Israel though I do not blame Israel. Al Qaeda and Hamas are held accountable for their actions

ya see...

The religion issue is a smoke screen.

For the forty plus years that the West sat under the
possibly very real threat of nuclear attack from the
'former' Soviet Union, it was clearly a conflict between
two very different and diametrically opposed political
ideologies.

This is no different, wanna live in crap and be ruled
by Klowns in turbans that claim to be some kind of
wacky representatives of some primitive religion or
join the 21st century and drive SUV’s
have indoor plumbing with MacDonald’s
and Hooters on every corner?

Yeah once the Iraqi’s show the rest of the A-Rab
werld that they can live like first world people
then we may have a chance to ‘convert’ the
rest of the A-Rab world not to Christianity
but to something besides seventh century cesspools.

Back