Now we know

MrBishop

Let's see how this goes....

"lil Muhammed, strap this on & go blow up that bus."

vs

"C'mon you little bastard, goddamnit."

No, not seeing the intent, sorry.

If you're referring to the priests with fetishes, if you notice, the Catholic community came out & denounced those actions. Still awaiting the good Islamic community.

Try ... "Bend over, son. and if you tell anyone, God will damn you to eternal hell!"

as for the Islamic community... the community has come out against it..all over the world. It just never seems to be enough though, right?

Professur

Recognising a difference between two things and finding either acceptable have a lot of miles betwixt.

Professur

It just never seems to be enough though, right?

The christian community came out against priests raping alterboys too. Hasn't slowed down the lawsuits any, has it? Coming out against it, and actively putting an end to it aren't the same thing either.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The force & will of the disgraced by association, on either side, is a huge gulf.

When a story about islamofascists is followed by days & days & days of angry muslims going out of their way to show that this is the exception, it'll be enough. That has not happened.

I'm curious. How many of the clerics who have condemned the radicals have done so in both English & Arabic? That was a great trick by Arafat.

chcr

Too cute for words
The christian community came out against priests raping alterboys too. Hasn't slowed down the lawsuits any, has it? Coming out against it, and actively putting an end to it aren't the same thing either.

1. It wasn't the "christian community," it was the catholics (although, if you think they're the only ones, you're naive).
2. They covered it up for decades (probably centuries or even millenia, but then they didn't used to have to hide it, did they?) before someone finally had the guts to stand up to them.
3. I hope it completely destroys the catholic church.

chcr

Too cute for words
In case you haven't noticed, I don't like religion.

After priests were caught, red-handed as it were, the church still only relocated and censured priests until the lawsuits began. Once it was costing them actual cash, they still hemmed and hawed about whether priests should be tried in secular court (or indeed punished outside the church at all) until they figured out how unpopular that was. They are (IMO always were) totally corrupt. Whatever they get won't be half what they deserve. I feel sorry for the followers, but I really can't understand why there still are any.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I feel sorry for the followers, but I really can't understand why there still are any.

Perhaps it's because they actually have faith in the dogma. Men are evil, the faith needn't be.

Professur

In case you haven't noticed, I don't like religion.

After priests were caught, red-handed as it were, the church still only relocated and censured priests until the lawsuits began. Once it was costing them actual cash, they still hemmed and hawed about whether priests should be tried in secular court (or indeed punished outside the church at all) until they figured out how unpopular that was. They are (IMO always were) totally corrupt. Whatever they get won't be half what they deserve. I feel sorry for the followers, but I really can't understand why there still are any.

for the simple reason that you're not discussing the majority. What you're talking about is Lewinski's dress, and you expect Joe Q. to not vote for the next mayor.

don't forget .... you're discussing a religion who's major tenant has always been forgiveness, and confidentiality. A murderer an confess to a priest without fear of being turned in. Likewise a child molester .... even if he wears the cloth. Like it or not, the church was caught by it's own policy there. .... Just like when americans start chanting anti-american slogans. Or illegals demand american rights jsut because they're standing on american soil.

chcr

Too cute for words
for the simple reason that you're not discussing the majority. What you're talking about is Lewinski's dress, and you expect Joe Q. to not vote for the next mayor.

don't forget .... you're discussing a religion who's major tenant has always been forgiveness, and confidentiality. A murderer an confess to a priest without fear of being turned in. Likewise a child molester .... even if he wears the cloth. Like it or not, the church was caught by it's own policy there. .... Just like when americans start chanting anti-american slogans. Or illegals demand american rights jsut because they're standing on american soil.

[Pedanticman]major tenet. A tenant rents a room from you.[/Pedanticman]

I'm talking about people who hold positions of authority in the church, both here and in Rome who continued to try to sweep the story under the rug until long after that became impossible. Most, if not all of these people have not been punished in any meaningful way, nor will they be. These are the people who are corrupt. They are a minority, as you say, but they certainly control the vast majority of church politics and doctrine. Not to mention the money.

Oh, and some things are unforgiveable.

spike

When a story about islamofascists is followed by days & days & days of angry muslims going out of their way to show that this is the exception, it'll be enough. That has not happened.

I don't see angry catholics going out of their way for days & days & days everytime there's a pedophile priest story.

spike

I'm talking about people who hold positions of authority in the church, both here and in Rome who continued to try to sweep the story under the rug until long after that became impossible. Most, if not all of these people have not been punished in any meaningful way, nor will they be. These are the people who are corrupt. They are a minority, as you say, but they certainly control the vast majority of church politics and doctrine. Not to mention the money.

Good point.

BB

i've always wondered does the 'Klux' part have anything to do with southern fried chicken??

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Koresh was killed by our gov't in a feiry & nasty little raid gone bad. He hadn't once strapped bombs on the kids & told them to go to Wal Mart. The gov't went to him & murdered him & his freakishfollowers.

The Klan is not a Christian group.

It occured to me on my way home from work....
When the Arab Christians get shit on, they don't burn flags & stomp on pictures of Wasshisnamejihad or Saddam or Usama. That would only be the peaceful muslims. In retrospect to what the Pope said that pissed off these nuts, it's actually quite fitting...

quoting a conversation between the 14th-century Byzantine Christian Emperor Manuel Paleologos II and an educated Persian on the truths of Christianity and Islam.

“The emperor comes to speak about the issue of jihad, holy war,” the Pope said.

“He said, I quote, ‘Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached’.”
Isn't that exactly what Usama is doing? In some respects, isn't that what the flag burners are doing?

Christians have a brutal history, granted. They didn't & don't allow the sword to guide them in the 21st Century. They haven't for quite some time.