OH NO!!! NO WAY!!! F*^%$ this

MrBishop said:
Because there are too many of them as is....why help continue neandertalic thinking into the future generations?

And there, in a nutshell, is this entire conversation.

Bish, I'm gonna give you a new word. You might want to remember it, because in the next decade, you'll probably hear it quite a lot: heterophobe.

MrBishop said:
Because, from the day someone is born...they are assumed to be straight.

No more calls please, we have a winner...

All I hear from the rump wranglers is how they're BORN that way. Now I hear that if I want to foster a child in Cali, I have to take sensitivity training toward the pole climbers because kids are ASSUMED straight at birth.

Nature or nurture again.

Nature ain't holding its water.

If they're really honestly born that way, then they need sensitivity training toward straights because they cannot understand that lifestyle any more than I can understand theirs. Hence, the double standard reference our good man HomeLAN keeps asking about.

OK, back to my popcorn...

Indeed kids are thought (hoped) to be normal at the outset

rare would be the parent that lifted up their new bundle
of joy and proclaimed

I sure hope this one turns out to be a fudge-packer!!!

Gee honey I sure hope that baby of ours you are carrying in your womb turns out to be a dwarf!

[RANT]You know, the part about this (and a lot of other) crap that I don't really get is this. I could give a fuck if you (that's a collective "you," not directed at anyone in particular) or anyone else is offended by my "lifestyle." In fact, I rather hope some people would be (given that I thought it was anyone's business and wanted to discuss it openly), just so I knew I was doing it right. I don't whine about anyone else's lifestyle but it occurs to me that if they had a life maybe they could just shut up and enjoy their lifestyle. I don't, on the one hand think I have any special right to your approval. On the other, if you want to make a lot of noise about how something I do offends your delicate sensibilities, I shall express my disdain freely. Don't like it? Ignore me. The current problem (at least as I see it) stems from everyone thinking they either have some special right to not be offended or to have everyone accept their particular crap. Neither one will ever happen, will it? :shrug:[/RANT]

gee honey iffin' Ida not kicked you in the gut so much
during yer pregnancy mebbe our kid wouldn't a
become a pole smoker?

chcr said:
[RANT]The current problem (at least as I see it) stems from everyone thinking they either have some special right to not be offended or to have everyone accept their particular crap. Neither one will ever happen, will it? :shrug:[/RANT]

Only one direction, dude, only one direction. That's my entire problem with this. So far, the best reason anyone seems to be able to come up with is "see how you straight people like it for a change".

Shit, my 4 YO thinks on a higher plane than that.

MrBishop said:
you don't want that child turning into a racist, sexist homophobe.

If your kid is in the foster system, you don't give a shit how they turn out.

MrBishop said:
They are indoctrinated
ROFLMAOPMP

MrBishop said:
The straight lifestyle is the norm...a gay couple or individual already knows straight couples or individuals and deals with them daily. The same cannot be said for the reverse.

Why do we have to "deal with them". The norm must go out of their way to deal with the few. God I love liberalism.

HomeLAN said:
Because Homosexuals are already forced to live in your lifestyle, and accept it
BWAHAHAHAAAAA!! Been to Atlanta lately? It's quite the reverse, let me assure you.

Even if that were not the case, the solution to feeling like your "lifestyle is disrespected" is suddenly to disrespect someone else's?

Grow up.

Who said "Because Homosexuals are already forced to live in your lifestyle, and accept it"? I don't see the quote you referenced.

Because if you're going to give a child to a foster family you don't want that child turning into a racist, sexist homophobe.

I agree though the family can raise the kid as they see fit. I prefer not to have homophobes or racists but if the family wants to raise them that way they will.

freako104 said:
I agree though the family can raise the kid as they see fit. I prefer not to have homophobes or racists but if the family wants to raise them that way they will.

Well it's a foster family, and you have to apply and go through far more vigorous testing and background checks to foster someone else's kid than you do your own flesh and blood.
So..potential foster parents are checked for history of violence, drugs, abuse etc etc... you want to find a foster family that'll raise the kid up long term, instead of bouncing him/her around from home to home.

The kid's under a lot of stresses as it is...why add mixed messages on top of it. Give the foster parents as much info as possible...it is and ever shall be the only way to counter stereotypes. Doesn't mean that they'll (parents) change their minds about homosexuals, or blacks, or Muslims...but it beats having no information at all and running on what often amounts to misconceptions and broad generalizations.

Back