Rest In Peace Highwayman!

kat2220

My dear internet friend, the best friend I never met, has passed away. He was a good man and will be sorely missed by many! He helped me through some dark times and even my hubby liked him. According to his brother, he collapsed while using the 'puter and died almost instantly.

RIP Jon!

Uki Chick

:eek5: I can't believe what I'm reading Kat. My deepest sympathies go out to Jon's whole family and all his friends. They will be in my prayers. That is very sad news to hear.

MrBishop

I know that we didn't exactly see eye to eye on a lot of issues, but by all means, please pass on my condolences to his family.

Rest in Peace!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
:eek2:

:(

What caused his death? how old was he?

I don't think I ever read posts where he revealed personal info.

Kruz

Good or bad, I enjoyed reading his posts and find it hard to believe he is gone. My deepest condolences to his family and friends......

kat2220

Jon apparantly had a massive heart attack and died almost instantly. He was only in his 40's and to the best of my knowledge, had no history of heart trouble. The date is unknown, but his last post on Free Speech Forums was on 1/20/07.
We lived about 2500 miles apart, he in Oregon and my Hubby & I in Georgia. He was a joy to talk with and a wonderful friend. He had recently had a cyst removed, but seemed to be recovering very well.
We agreed to disagree on many occasions, and remained fast friends.
I'M STILL IN SHOCK, but until my last breath, he will be in my thoughts.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
He mentioned in one post something about a heart problem. I can't remember if he specifically said what the problem was or just left it.

Sad news indeed. My condolences to his family as well.

Did he not have a blog called Highwayman's Hangout or something close to that?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
He did mention it once briefly in BS. Said they were "still trying to figure out" what was going on with his "ticker".

Dayum.